Bidwell (2 Viewers)

SBAndy

you are ignoring the fact two players with the most value could decide to negotiate A deal and leave for free the following season

But as he’s said, in that event you’d have Gyokeres and Hamer in L1 for a full season. They’d take the piss.

SBT

you are ignoring the fact two players with the most value could decide to negotiate A deal and leave for free the following season

Didn't you spend most of last weekend arguing with me that Gyokeres' value was only ever likely to increase?

Grendel

But as he’s said, in that event you’d have Gyokeres and Hamer in L1 for a full season. They’d take the piss.

Automatic assured then would it?

Grendel

Didn't you spend most of last weekend arguing with me that Gyokeres' value was only ever likely to increase?

No I said the only hope of staying in the league is retaining him - his value will increase clearly if a premier league team wants him but relegation costs you £7 million

SBT

No I said the only hope of staying in the league is retaining him - his value will increase clearly if a premier league team wants him but relegation costs you £7 million

giphy.gif

If he keeps performing his value will escalate

You stick or twist - I’d stick at all cost as if he keeps performing he’s value will escalate

giphy.gif

Grendel

Er no this discussion is purely based on the hypothesis of relegation

the discussion previously was on the basis that we had to sell now to maximise a fee

I said we should not sell him as he’s the only hope of staying in this league whereas you were adamant we had to sell him. If he succeeds his value would clearly escalate and he’s worth £7 million in TV revenue alone as without him we are down

Brighton Sky Blue

It's looking like a virtually new team next season isn't it. Sell Hamer, O'Hare, *and* Gyokeres, lots out of contract, and use the cash and wages to bring in just about everybody!

I floated that some months ago and it wasn’t too popular, even with me. But it looks unavoidable now.

Grendel

Oh you seem to have edited my quote to distort context

stupot07

He's a left wing back and played his whole career there, hasn't he already got as many assists as Maatsen did

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Maatsen only had one assist when playing left wing back, the others were in his short stint in attacking midfield.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

Oh you seem to have edited my quote to distort context

:cry::cry::cry:

Everyone else please feel free to click through to the original post to see the crucial context I cut out. I didn't mean to suggest that Grendel was just arguing contrary points for the sake of it, he would never do this.

Grendel

:cry::cry::cry:

Everyone else please feel free to click through to the original post to see the crucial context I cut out. I didn't mean to suggest that Grendel was just arguing contrary points for the sake of it, he would never do this.

I wasn’t arguing contrary points - you have said we need to sell him going back to tbe sumner window which was utter nonsense

I’ve said we need to keep him as he’s the only hope we have. His value will escalate if he scores through the season clearly if a premier league club wants him. If they don’t and we survive he’s still worth as much as a championship club will pay in TV revenue

I mean you’ve even claimed we can use proceeds of sale of one of these players to actually sign the others on improved extended deals. Where on planet reality is that ever happening?

SBT

I’ve said we need to keep him as he’s the only hope we have. His value will escalate if he scores through the season clearly if a premier league club wants him. If they don’t and we survive he’s still worth as much as a championship club will pay in TV revenue

Sounds like an important caveat that could have been mentioned at the time! Oh well. I look forward to us getting £7 million for him next summer in that case.

I mean you’ve even claimed we can use proceeds of sale of one of these players to actually sign the others on improved extended deals. Where on planet reality is that ever happening?

I mean - we got the order of business wrong, but hasn't it already technically happened with Dom Hyam?

David O'Day

He plays like a left back, less so like a wing back - he isn't good enough going forward, his technique for both shooting and passing is poor, crossing is average and isn't quick enough.

Defensively he is decent.

That's my point of view and based on what I've seen this season.
Not seen him much this year then fella?

shmmeee

No I’ve already addressed it. It’s not particularly likely first of all, and if it were their wage would be offset by others leaving and they’d be ridiculously overpowered for L1 as solid upper Championship players.

The fact you’ve had to concoct some mental scenario where all our star players refuse to leave and somehow think this is a better option than going on the cheap shows how fine well be.

Grendel

Sounds like an important caveat that could have been mentioned at the time! Oh well. I look forward to us getting £7 million for him next summer in that case.

I mean - we got the order of business wrong, but hasn't it already technically happened with Dom Hyam?

No more important than we should have sold him already as Brentford do (then I pointed out the small £100m interest free loan and £44m wage bill) and Hull got it right “notwithstanding their current form”’

Oh and as hamer and Gyokeres areny Worth a million anyway what can we do (see who liked The post as well)

SBT

No more important than we should have sold him already as Brentford do (then I pointed out the small £100m interest free loan and £44m wage bill) and Hull got it right “notwithstanding their current form”’

Oh and as hamer and Gyokeres areny Worth a million anyway what can we do (see who liked The post as well)

Lol some deep cuts coming out tonight - I’m sorry, those VAR gifs maybe were a little cruel.

Grendel

Lol some deep cuts coming out tonight - I’m sorry, those VAR gifs maybe were a little cruel.

Lol as if I give a fuck. Give it out take it back. Do you think we’d get half a million for Gyokeres?

fatso

Really solid defender, played a big part in the record breaking run of clean sheets.

rob9872

Steady. All the plaudits in diff games for Vik, Gus, Fadz and rightly so, but Bidwell my PotS so far.

PVA

One really bad defensive lapse today, but otherwise solid as per.

I do think we might see a little more of JWE in some of the games against weaker opposition though.

Grendel

One really bad defensive lapse today, but otherwise solid as per.

I do think we might see a little more of JWE in some of the games against weaker opposition though.

I fucking hope not.

RegTheDonk

Thought he's done well recently and didn't deserve to come off but would have looked strange I suppose having God replace BW. I get the lad was brought in as a LWB and if Bidwell was tiring then fair enough but looked fairly headless filling in for Palmer.

Users who are viewing this thread