Bidwell (2 Viewers)

stupot07

He wouldn't have come off today if Wilson-Esbrand hadn't just come on. I don't think Sunderland score that goal with Bidwell on the pitch.
fe3586edca2f518ce0028130fefc2275.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

I suspect robins would have subbed him for godden but didn’t want to totally wreck his confidence but keeping instead of Bidwell wasn’t great

He hasn't been great for us but the way you go on about him you'd think he's some League Two player.

The kid literally played in the Champions League this season. I think I'll trust Pep's judgement over yours.

Grendel

He hasn't been great for us but the way you go on about him you'd think he's some League Two player.

The kid literally played in the Champions League this season. I think I'll trust Pep's judgement over yours.

Oh dear

Brighton Sky Blue

If Pep thinks a youngster is ready he keeps him around the squad. If he doesn’t he gets loaned out to make mistakes for someone else

PVA

If Pep thinks a youngster is ready he keeps him around the squad. If he doesn’t he gets loaned out to make mistakes for someone else

Yeah but to be ready for Man City you need to be a generational talent, ie Foden.

It's a bit harsh to compare him to that level.

He rates him enough to play him in the Champions League. I doubt he'll make it at Man City but that's hardly a stick to beat him with.

See also Doyle, C.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah but to be ready for Man City you need to be a generational talent, ie Foden.

He rates him enough to play him in the Champions League. I doubt he'll make it at Man City but that's hardly a stick to beat him with.

See also Doyle, C.

Again, here to make mistakes for someone else. Which I’m fine with, but it is why they’re here

Grendel

See also Doyle, C.

But for us he’s nowhere near the level Bidwell is so what’s your point?

Grendel

My point is that if he's good enough to play in the champions league he's not as shit as you make him out to be.

But since you made that post most responses have not been positive have they? Do all players who play in tbe champions league become premier league players in the future?

It’s a bizarre post to suggest after an awful cameo that we should replace the guy whose played every game just as he’s played a couple of sub games in the champions league

covcity4life

He said RNC was a pointless loan too so I wouldn't bother.

I suspect JWE will be good for us if gets game time too. From what I read he's more highly rated than RNC in the game

Hertsccfc

I suspect JWE will be good for us if gets game time too. From what I read he's more highly rated than RNC in the game
I would not be surprised if he goes considerably further in the game than Bidwell has. I really hate this picking on youngsters in their first few games.

BNC has shown that after a few games they look so much more confidence and then the quality shows.

Grendel

Im afraid more agree with me than you as things stand

Sunderland fans want Mowbray out by the way

covcity4life

I would not be surprised if he goes considerably further in the game than Bidwell has. I really hate this picking on youngsters in their first few games.

BNC has shown that after a few games they look so much more confidence and then the quality shows.
It must come from fans that don't play football? And I don't mean at a decent level either

@hill83 has seen me play. I'm shite but I know the difference in my play from when I first get subbed on and from when I am in the flow of the game.

JWE goes on prob don't rly know where he's supposed to be that well yet and which team mates choose what type of passes etc. Also prob dontk now his own level yet in terms of taking a man on and wants to keep it safe etc. It's just normal what we are seeing.

Grendel

But how many agree with you that we should have sacked Robins and replaced him with Kenny Jackett?

What worries me is we will have no money soon as Gyokeres isn’t premier league standard so no one will want him

Grendel

It's ok someone said no championship club would want hyam so sometimes things don't work out like forum members tell us it will

Indeed as someone said Pressley is the best manager we’ve had and we are so lucky securing him on a 4 year deal

Calista

The difference between the kind of games you'll be playing in the Man City or Arsenal youth environment, and the Championship is gigantic. But sooner or later it's necessary to find out whether they can make that step. That's why they go out on loan, and why they will often find it really tough at first. Cut these lads some slack, recognise that any immediate shortcomings can be ironed out, and ask whether they can be useful assets. We aren't going to get the finished article handed to us on a plate.

Hertsccfc

What worries me is we will have no money soon as Gyokeres isn’t premier league standard so no one will want him
I know others have questioned your comprehension skills. If you read what I said carefully you'll see i didn't say that. If you have difficulties with any of the words let me know.

Grendel

I know others have questioned your comprehension skills. If you read what I said carefully you'll see i didn't say that. If you have difficulties with any of the words let me know.

You said in the game he scored the best goal we’ve seen here this season “lets be honest he doesn’t look premier league quality”

Hertsccfc

You said in the game he scored the best goal we’ve seen here this season “lets be honest he doesn’t look premier league quality”
I said 'at the moment' after he had just missed a couple of chances. And I said I thought it was a matter of confidence as he hadn't scored for 6 games.

Imagine if he played for us under Jackett though. He'd be in the Champions League with us now surely?

Great_Expectations

Bidwell was really good today - I was especially impressed with his pressing, there was a spell in the second half where he continues to press and forced mistakes.

He was against a very good player but I always felt confident he would use all his experience to deal with him. Which he did.

Grendel

I said 'at the moment' after he had just missed a couple of chances. And I said I thought it was a matter of confidence as he hadn't scored for 6 games.

lol so if I say JWE is tripe at the moment and then he actually has a good game that’s ok then? He’s always looked premier quality. If it’s a confidence thing class is permanent isn’t it?

Great_Expectations

JWE debate is silly too. He’s been here a few weeks and barely played.

Did he look lost today - yep.
Does he look talentless as a footballer - no.

He gives us an offensive LWB option and it’s good to have that variance. We’ve seen glimpses of his positivity on the ball - that offensive threat is a good tool to have.

He does look rabbit in the headlights at the minute, but it’s his first loan and we aren’t Man City. Interested to see how he develops and writing him off after such limited game time is nonsense.

Hertsccfc

lol so if I say JWE is tripe at the moment and then he actually has a good game that’s ok then? He’s always looked premier quality. If it’s a confidence thing class is permanent isn’t it?
Do you really not understand?

If I thought he was not potentially Premier League standard why would I say he is not looking so at the moment but I think it is because of confidence after missing a few chances? I really didn't think it was that difficult but I guess I should keep it more simple in future for your benefit and just stick to words like garbage, tripe or c**t to describe our players or manager like you do eh?

Grendel

Do you really not understand?

If I thought he was not potentially Premier League standard why would I say he is not looking so at the moment but I think it is because of confidence after missing a few chances? I really didn't think it was that difficult but I guess I should keep it more simple in future for your benefit and just stick to words like garbage, tripe or c**t to describe our players or manager like you do eh?

No I’ll just say they are garbage at the moment that’s fine

hill83

It must come from fans that don't play football? And I don't mean at a decent level either

@hill83 has seen me play. I'm shite but I know the difference in my play from when I first get subbed on and from when I am in the flow of the game.

JWE goes on prob don't rly know where he's supposed to be that well yet and which team mates choose what type of passes etc. Also prob dontk now his own level yet in terms of taking a man on and wants to keep it safe etc. It's just normal what we are seeing.

Not read the rest but yeah, you were shite

Hobo

Bidwell is often one of our most foward players and often arriving in box before our midfielders. He is very aware, when to push on and drop back.

Our formation relys on midfielders back filling behind wing backs. If they dont the wing back can look the idiot being csught too high up.

But Bidwell get up and down. Is a talker and an organiser. Stuff Dabo just doesnt have at this level.

Norton Cuffy worked really hard today and was involved in some really positive key moments. He is improving week by week.

The Man City lad did okay. I feel he is fealing his way in and finding his feet. He needs minutes off bench to build confidence.

I remember Eccles getting a slagging at Sunderland for an in and out game. Not not a terrible game.

The problem I have with some of our fans, it is not harsh criticism it is kust clueless criticism.

Matt smith

He has been poor though

why isn’t Maguire coming on in that situation

what a waste of a signing

Users who are viewing this thread