Bids for McNulty / McNulty to Reading (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

If he engineered the move I really think from a PR point of view MR and CCFC should put a line detailing this in his departure press release to ease the fans' temperament.

Similarly without a proper replacement, McNulty's departure could seriously undo the work MR and AV has put in over the last few months...

Last edited by a moderator:

pastythegreat

I think most who actually watched the games supported him and said give him time, it was the muppets like Dongo who had never been to a game and those on social media who were obsessed with James Collins who were slating him.
The same ppl who slated Biamou

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Corrado

he played a massive part to get us out of L2 - Iv got no beef with him - wish his good luck

The worst part of this is the inevitability of logging onto here and seeing weekly threads posted about him scoring a goal for reading etc

Sky Blue 1987

At the end of the day it is a job to him as it is to all professional footballers, he has been offered a chance of career progression and a pay rise, in any other job I’m sure most wouldn’t turn that chance down Good luck to him

better days

On a positive note the players aren't down about McNulty going
It would have been a bigger surprise if he'd stayed once Championship teams start making offers
They have seen the good players who've come in so far and they're looking forward to the season

fernandopartridge

On a positive note the players aren't down about McNulty going
It would have been a bigger surprise if he'd stayed once Championship teams start making offers
They have seen the good players who've come in so far and they're looking forward to the season

Any examples of where a team prospers immediately after losing their top scorer? We've been relegated every time it has happened to us in my memory!

M

Martw

i wonder if we will trot out the old line that we have already spent the money knowing he would go!! - I am joking - I hope!!!

NortonSkyBlue

I wish McNulty only the best with his new club and have enjoyed having him at Coventry City and he has been a player who wins and changes games. To the naysayers I am sure that will continue.
However now it's about us and our season.
We have just lost our very best player.

covcity4life

I wish McNulty only the best with his new club and have enjoyed having him at Coventry City and he has been a player who wins and changes games. To the naysayers I am sure that will continue.
However now it's about us and our season.
We have just lost our very best player.
More than ever it is imports t that fullback and midfielders make more chances for our strikers this season.

If we have someone off less quality than mcnukty we can still get alot of goals if we make more chances

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
For us as fans this is football theres nothing we can do about it, hes a footballer its his job hes part of a wheel thats always turning, hes done well and looks like we've benefited from it we got him on a free and getting a nice return on him. All we can do is see what MR pulls out his magic hat and hopefully get a similar replacement or somebody better.

smileycov

Facebook User
Lincoln just signed John Akinde from Barnet. Shame would have liked him here

TomRad85

If we lose McNulty and bring in Chaplin and Crouch (using the players rumoured in this thread) then we're laughing tbh

Edit: Or McGoldrick for that matter

Mucca Mad Boys

What the fuck are you talking about? Robins stayed loyal to him despite his non-scoring form, as did most of the fanbase (a few comments on social media isn't the end of the world). This is how he repays that faith. It leaves a very very sour taste for me.

Repays that faith? That is nonsense. He's not indebted to anyone because the relationship was give and take and without his goals, would we have finished 6th and won the playoffs? Probably not. He's got the opportunity to play at the highest level in his career too. Like Robins said, you don't want to be stopping players furthering their career and for £1.5m, it's a decent deal for a 25 striker unproven outside of L2. How much more could we realistically ask for? The context is completely different to the times we sold Clarke and Jutkiewicz as we're now in a better situation financially (the fee for Clarke was good too).

I don't think comparing sale prices with the pitiful values we've received for players previously really works. We should have held out for as much as we could possibly get.

£1.5m to £2m is the most we can get for him, realistically. He's not a starlet who's in his teens or early twenties.

M

Martw

when it was said an ex prem player from last year, Crouch was the name I first thought of but I can't see it to be fair, we cannot be anywhere close to a wage he would want even if he was prepared to drop down a further league.

pastythegreat

I saw McGoldrick down at Ipswich a few times last year, he is a class player on the ball and very intelligent but it would be his pace that would worry me alongside his injury record. I think we all agree that fully fit he would be a huge asset
It's not like McNulty was Usain Bolt. If we were replacing Jodi Jones with McGoldrick then I could understand the issue with his pace but I don't see it as an issue. Especially given that (on the whole) a L1 CH will be less fit and slower than the average Championship CH.

pastythegreat

If we lose McNulty and bring in Chaplin and Crouch (using the players rumoured in this thread) then we're laughing tbh

Wouldn't be a bad shout to get Danny Rose from Mansfield?!?!

pastythegreat

Cavan O'Doherty

Should be able to sign McGoldrick and Chaplin with 1.5 million. If that happens i’d drive him down to Reading myself. He’s given me some of my best memories as a Cov fan, but if he wants to go let him. He’s not irreplaceable.

pastythegreat

Should be able to sign McGoldrick and Chaplin with 1.5 million. If that happens i’d drive him down to Reading myself. He’s given me some of my best memories as a Cov fan, but if he wants to go let him. He’s not irreplaceable.
I'm sure we could start a crowd fund to cover your petrol

Grendel

Wouldn’t it? He’s been suggested to me by someone but looks pretty average to me

Users who are viewing this thread