Bids for McNulty / McNulty to Reading (4 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

Won't believe it until i see it! he was in training today which would be unlikely if deal was already done. no smoke without fire though...

In terms of replacements - other than Chaplin is there any other actual reported rumours or just pure speculation?! This talk of Crouch/McGoldrick/Armstrong... are these just plucked out of the air?!

pastythegreat

Won't believe it until i see it! he was in training today which would be unlikely if deal was already done. no smoke without fire though...

In terms of replacements - other than Chaplin is there any other actual reported rumours or just pure speculation?! This talk of Crouch/McGoldrick/Armstrong... are these just plucked out of the air?!
Well, if a deal has only just been struck for him then of course he'd of been training with us this morning. He was still our player this morning after all.
If you went for an interview for a job, would you not turn up to your current job for 2 week while waiting for an answer? No. So as of 9am this morning he's a cov player and turns up to work. At 2pm he's called into the office and leaves. Not hard is it!

Disclaimer ** Not saying this is what has happened, just pointing out that your logic of him NOT leaving is flawed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ccfcricoh

Well, if a deal has only just been struck for him then of course he'd of been training with us this morning. He was still our player this morning after all.
If you went for an interview for a job, would you not turn up to your current job for 2 week while waiting for an answer? No. So as of 9am this morning he's a cov player and turns up to work. At 2pm he's called into the office and leaves. Not hard is it!

Disclaimer ** Not saying this is what has happened, just pointing out that your logic of him NOT leaving is flawed.

Know what your saying but it's hardly "2 weeks" is it - I would be surprised if he "signed" today whilst kicking a ball about at Ryton...

Not saying that he won't be in Reading tomorrow and not at training though

**my disclaimer - dont know what time they train so could well have finished at lunch and be on his way down south now i suppose!

pusbccfc

pastythegreat

Know what your saying but it's hardly "2 weeks" is it - I would be surprised if he "signed" today whilst kicking a ball about at Ryton...

Not saying that he won't be in Reading tomorrow and not at training though

**my disclaimer - dont know what time they train so could well have finished at lunch and be on his way down south now i suppose!
I'm not saying he's signed mid way through a training session. I'm saying at 9am this morning the club had refused a £600k offer so he was still on our payroll and at training for us. In the background (robins office) there's all sorts going on. Looking at players, looking at tactics, speaking to players/clubs they want to sign. And who's to say that Robins didn't receive a call at 2pm with an offer of £1.5m that he then accepted? McNulty already at training now has to leave to speak to Reading.

hopesprings

Any examples of where a team prospers immediately after losing their top scorer? We've been relegated every time it has happened to us in my memory!
Think we did ok without Terry Bly/ then George Hudson went and Bobby Gould did ok. I am sure there will be other examples. it will be easier for a froward coming in to a positive squad playing well than if he was coming in as a saviour to a struggling relegation threatened team !
I also agree with other posters on here that he may struggle at Reading and in the Championship but he deserves his shot at it. Worked hard and tirelessly for us. professional footballers are always one injury from retirement Dean Ashton prime example you have to take the best offer you can when you can

pastythegreat

Any examples of where a team prospers immediately after losing their top scorer? We've been relegated every time it has happened to us in my memory!
We didn't prosper granted, but we wasn't relegated the season we lost Leon Clarke AND Callum Wilson. Just saying

fernandopartridge

If I was bidding for a player I'd ask that he didn't take part in training for fear of him being injured. Surely the player would also want to be shown around and agree personal terms (unless this has already been done?)

ccfcricoh

I'm not saying he's signed mid way through a training session. I'm saying at 9am this morning the club had refused a £600k offer so he was still on our payroll and at training for us. In the background (robins office) there's all sorts going on. Looking at players, looking at tactics, speaking to players/clubs they want to sign. And who's to say that Robins didn't receive a call at 2pm with an offer of £1.5m that he then accepted? McNulty already at training now has to leave to speak to Reading.

Yep maybe - will see when/if announced!

Wonder what the normal process is - agree terms with the player first or the club...

Will McNulty have agreed a contract in principle with Reading based on the club accepting the offer, or would they wait until club accepted offer first and then start player negotiations...
And if I was the seller I’d say fuck off we don’t accept your offer. Until they met our asking price...

What's the benefit of having him in training if he's leaving? If he's already accepted terms and we are receiving ever increasing offers, pretty obvious he's not going to be here at the start of the season... if he hasn't agreed terms with them then he won't sign for them today as he's been at training!

Funny because none of us know what is happening, but this Uruguay France game is shite so rather speculate and "discuss" on here!

pastythegreat

Wonder what the normal process is - agree terms with the player first or the club...

Will McNulty have agreed a contract in principle with Reading based on the club accepting the offer, or would they wait until club accepted offer first and then start player negotiations...

What's the benefit of having him in training if he's leaving? If he's already accepted terms and we are receiving ever increasing offers, pretty obvious he's not going to be here at the start of the season... if he hasn't agreed terms with them then he won't sign for them today as he's been at training!

Funny because none of us know what is happening, but this Uruguay France game is shite so rather speculate and "discuss" on here!
I think it's agree terms with the club then the player. Not 100% but I'm sure it's illegal for a team to speak with a player under contract without permission.

better days

What ,may have happened is that after we refused the 'final' £600k offer Reading came back and offered something nearer what we were asking for
In those circumstances a player will often be allowed to open discussions with the club making the bid - he may have gone down on Wednesday which is the usual day off

AFCCOVENTRY

It was Accringtons boss who said MM is great in L2 and he knows scouts from Championship were looking at him but there biggest concern is his fitness to cope at that level. Interesting comments, but let's see if he makes he jump from L2 to Championship. Helped us get out of L2 and good luck to him.

ccfclinney

I don’t think Mcnulty would Be good enough for the championship massive step up compared to league one and league 2 football. I think 1.5 Million is a very good deal. Just need to get the right replacement in.

skybluepm2

I very much doubt Robins would let him leave the building without having somewhat of a replacement lined up. This is the man who persevered with him when a lot of us were of the opinion he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Last weekends speech at the kit launch sort of gave us an indication that he was looking to move to bigger and better things. Has he used us as a springboard? Perhaps. Has he jumped ship to treble his wages? Perhaps. Could he have taken on an improved contract, inserted a clause to leave if we don’t achieve promotion within 12 months? Perhaps.

If he leaves, this will leave an extremely bitter taste in the majority, if not all of our mouths but we aren’t a one man club. There is something good happening here and just because he fucks off it doesn’t mean that it has to come to an abrupt end. I firmly believe that Robins will make it right. If he is unsettled and thinks he’s bigger than the club, we are better off without him, as much as it pains me to say that. Plus, £2m should’ve been the absolute minimum release clause!

AFCCOVENTRY

I very much doubt Robins would let him leave the building without having somewhat of a replacement lined up. This is the man who persevered with him when a lot of us were of the opinion he couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Last weekends speech at the kit launch sort of gave us an indication that he was looking to move to bigger and better things. Has he used us as a springboard? Perhaps. Has he jumped ship to treble his wages? Perhaps. Could he have taken on an improved contract, inserted a clause to leave if we don’t achieve promotion within 12 months? Perhaps.

If he leaves, this will leave an extremely bitter taste in the majority, if not all of our mouths but we aren’t a one man club. There is something good happening here and just because he fucks off it doesn’t mean that it has to come to an abrupt end. I firmly believe that Robins will make it right. If he is unsettled and thinks he’s bigger than the club, we are better off without him, as much as it pains me to say that. Plus, £2m should’ve been the absolute minimum release clause!

I think most people will realise going from L2 to the Championship is fair enough. He got us the goals to get out of the league and he has got a bumper pay day and opportunity to play at a high level.

skybluepm2

I think most people will realise going from L2 to the Championship is fair enough. He got us the goals to get out of the league and he has got a bumper pay day and opportunity to play at a high level.

Yep. Although now only League 1 to Championship

Nick

Administrator
As we saw with Stevenson, once an agent gets a whiff of cash and sells it to the player there's no stopping them contract or not.

Stevenson had his dad pulling sickies because he wanted to force a move.

Once that starts it's a case of just try and get as much as you can for them because then if you block it then the power the agents and player have is way too much. They just start playing silly buggers.

Mcnultys agent is apparently having a hot line to the media to force it through ;)

Liquid Gold

As we saw with Stevenson, once an agent gets a whiff of cash and sells it to the player there's no stopping them contract or not.

Stevenson had his dad pulling sickies because he wanted to force a move.

Once that starts it's a case of just try and get as much as you can for them because then if you block it then the power the agents and player have is way too much. They just start playing silly buggers.

Mcnultys agent is apparently having a hot line to the media to force it through ;)
The club should say to him if he wants to go put a transfer request in and lose out on his loyalty bonus.

Astute

Indeed they did in season 2016/17, ours was £4.45m. It would be reasonable to expect wage costs in the championship to have continued to rise

the bottom ten clubs in season 2016/17 had the following wages costs
24th Rotherham 8.7m (relegated)
23rd Wigan 16.6m (relegated)
22nd Blackburn 22m (relegated)
21st Notts Forest 28.6m
20th Burton 7.7m
19th Birmingham 22.2m
18th QPR 27.7m
17th Bristol City 17.9m
16th Ipswich 17.8m
15th Wolves 28.2m

on average they spent 19.7m simply trying to stay in the division and that doesn't include transfer fees

It would be a big jump in costs even to Burton's level. Where does that money come from? How does the club compete with the wages packages it can pay when clubs will pay more and players expect more
All I can say is well done Burton.

gspotgaz

Such a shame if he goes, really thought we were gunna keep him after last season ended so well. He’ll be a tough one to replace, we’ll need 2 more strikers I feel as JCH and max don’t fill me with confidence

Users who are viewing this thread