Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Thanks Nick, I was wondering if it was something to do with phone use at the stadium - otherwise I was befuddled (as I often am) by the whole thing! My secret alter egos remain undiscovered! Joking aside, I suppose it is possible to select other members at random and discover similar circumstances. Interesting to see which people get grouped together!!

Ive always wanted to do a network analysis of the likes and replies on here, and a sentiment analysis of posts, especially when doing my Masters. Don’t really have the time for such fun these days sadly.

fatso

To be fair, do you remember when Grendel posted “Grendel said bla bla” and someone asked if he thought he was logged into an alternative account and his excuse was that he sometimes refers to himself in third person hahah

ooooh I’ve always wanted to be a conspiracy nutter. 9/11 faked, Diana was killed, everything is cake.
WTF !!! DIANA IS DEAD???

• Wow
Reactions: TTG

Nonleagueherewecome

WTF !!! DIANA IS DEAD???

One of those "you never forget where you were when you heard" moments, isn't it? Certainly is for me: when the news came in, I went to tell my mum only to walk in on her and my dad (from whom she had been divorced some 5 years by then), pissed out of their heads, butt-naked rutting on the lounge floor in the lotus position. They didn't notice me, so I rapdily left in the most bewildered state of my life. We never spoke of it.

It was a hardwood floor too, must have been really uncomfortable.

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

One of those "you never forget where you were when you heard" moments, itsn't it? Certainly is for me: when the news came in, I went to tell my mum only to walk in on her and my dad (from whom she had been divorced some 5 years by then), pissed out of their heads, butt-naked rutting on the lounge floor in the lotus position. They didn't notice me, so I rapdily left in the most bewildered state of my life. We never spoke of it.

Scarred for life!

Mcbean

One of those "you never forget where you were when you heard" moments, itsn't it? Certainly is for me: when the news came in, I went to tell my mum only to walk in on her and my dad (from whom she had been divorced some 5 years by then), pissed out of their heads, butt-naked rutting on the lounge floor in the lotus position. They didn't notice me, so I rapdily left in the most bewildered state of my life. We never spoke of it.

ohh messy - quick sharp exit required

Nonleagueherewecome

ohh messy - quick sharp exit required
It's the most shocked I've ever been. Even more so than when we signed Jarni. The room started to spin as I tried to process just what was happening...then once I did, as you said, sharp exit! I remember walking back upstairs, shaking my head in disbelief and tutting a lot...

I like Stewart Lee's take on Diana's death, long-winded as it is:

"The hysterical over-emotional shrieking grief of twats".

Sill no word on Sheaf, then?

hill83

Strangely, a lot of correlation between you, @hill83 and @chiefdave. 🤣

tenor.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Has nobody learnt from the O’Hare, Eastwood and Chaplin sagas that real life isn’t football manager? Sheaf is in France, probably just chilling before he makes a decision.

There’s a full month before the season starts and another 2 months of the transfer window.

Sky Blue Pete

Has nobody learnt from the O’Hare, Eastwood and Chaplin sagas that real life isn’t football manager? Sheaf is in France, probably just chilling before he makes a decision.

There’s a full month before the season starts and another 2 months of the transfer window.
Oh no he’s not in France is he?

BornSlippySkyBlue

If he’s in France he’s probably desperately scrambling for a flight back so he doesn’t miss 2 weeks preseason in quarantine!

cc84cov

Who even said he’s in France ? Or is Th is another made up rumour

KenilworthSkyBlue

Or wants a couple of extra weeks off and stays put.

I'd be surprised if that were the case. Considering how long it's been since he's played you'd like to think that he'd be chomping at the bit to get back out on the grass. Whilst pre-season must be hell at times it must be great to get stuck in, and get yourself ready for the new season. I mean let's be honest it must be far better than playing catchup whilst fixtures are coming thick and fast and you're missing out on games due to lack of fitness because you decided it would be a great idea to doss around for an extra two weeks instead!

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

Or wants a couple of extra weeks off and stays put.
You’d hope a pro wouldn’t actively choose to miss 2 weeks of preseason training, potentially with a new club. He should pull his finger out and get his arse back to the UK before 4am IMO, regardless of whether we’re signing him or not. Surely spending time with whichever players he’s going to be playing with should be priority number 1 for him.

no_loyalty

You’d hope a pro wouldn’t actively choose to miss 2 weeks of preseason training, potentially with a new club. He should pull his finger out and get his arse back to the UK before 4am IMO, regardless of whether we’re signing him or not. Surely spending time with whichever players he’s going to be playing with should be priority number 1 for him.

I suppose it all depends on when Arsenal are due back for preseason training.

*Edit, Arsenal are back on 22nd August, so he needs to come back today regardless.

Malaka

One of those "you never forget where you were when you heard" moments, isn't it? Certainly is for me: when the news came in, I went to tell my mum only to walk in on her and my dad (from whom she had been divorced some 5 years by then), pissed out of their heads, butt-naked rutting on the lounge floor in the lotus position. They didn't notice me, so I rapdily left in the most bewildered state of my life. We never spoke of it.

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Personally I would fuck the deal off if he’s not set on it or doesn’t fancy it “talking” etc then jog it on

• Poo
Reactions: TTG

Users who are viewing this thread