Ben Sheaf future (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

What long term injury ? He played 32 games for Doncaster last season
My point was when the agreement was done surely there must have been a clause if he had a bad injury while on loan with us we could not expect to be obliged to sign him , this current injury he has could come into this clause
If he is out for 3 months say would you expect us to pay £750,000 for an injured player ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes, we do. Given Kelly's injury record, and James' likewise

In which case given James' likely cost and supposed injury record, would it be wise to sign him ahead of someone else similar and retain the funds for one of the other positions we need to upgrade? We'd already have Hamer there and Eccles looking to push on as well. AM is far more an issue to me than loading bodies into CM.

Liquid Gold

Yes money stolen from our budget 💰💰
I can’t believe you’ve just watched Hamer give away the ball twice for a goal and used that as an opportunity to have a go at Sheaf.

You’re such a perfect parody of a clueless Cov fan I really think it must be a windup.

Gregbant

I can’t believe you’ve just watched Hamer give away the ball twice for a goal and used that as an opportunity to have a go at Sheaf.

You’re such a perfect parody of a clueless Cov fan I really think it must be a windup.

You rate Sheaf over Hamer and I am a wind up merchant 🤔.

My issue with Sheaf is our budget is really tight 750k in that particular position for me is a waste of funds just on potential and I don't think he did enough this season to justify that risk.

Liquid Gold

You rate Sheaf over Hamer and I am a wind up merchant 🤔.

My issue with Sheaf is our budget is really tight 750k in that particular position for me is a waste of funds just on potential and I don't think he did enough this season to justify that risk.
Ha, your eyes alright or can you not read? Show me the bit where I say I rate Sheaf over Hamer?

Gregbant

Ha, your eyes alright or can you not read? Show me the bit where I say I rate Sheaf over Hamer?

I was wondering about your eyes, as I comment on a thread about Sheaf and his future, that I don't think we should pay 750k as I see it as a different type of steal to Pete. I was responding to Pete who had responded to me so he was on my notifications.
You said I used hamer giving the ball away as an opportunity to have a go at Sheaf 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Go figure you brought Hamer into it not me wtf are you on about if you aren't comparing them wtf is your point?

Liquid Gold

Y
I was wondering about your eyes, as I comment on a thread about Sheaf and his future, that I don't think we should pay 750k as I see it as a different type of steal to Pete. I was responding to Pete who had responded to me so he was on my notifications.
You said I used hamer giving the ball away as an opportunity to have a go at Sheaf 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Go figure you brought Hamer into it not me wtf are you on about if you aren't comparing them wtf is your point?
ou posted it two minutes after Hamer's mistake when Sheaf had been mentioned after the thread was dormant for sever hours. If that didn't inspire you to dredge up the thread what did? If it was notifications then you obviously weren't paying the game which makes sense as you haven't got a clue what you're on about. on this or anything else.

I was actually comparing them, I was alluding to one midfielder who cost £1.5m making the same mistakes a midfielder who (will) cost £750k makes. I didn't say I prefer one or the other. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that people can say one is shit and one is brilliant when they do much of the same in so many games.

Do you get that or do I need to say it slower in single syllable words?

Frostie

James is going to cost loads more in wages and not improve while he’s here, which is our entire financial model.

Name a 22 year old we can get for £750k who is better. One another Championship side has bought maybe.

Exactly.
Decent point of comparison would be his Midfield partner at Doncaster last season - Ben Whiteman.
Different sort of player to be fair & 24 years old so more at his prime (but less potential to develop). Similarly not played above League One previously but joined Preston for more than double the touted Sheaf fee.
Absolute uproar from Doncaster fans that they didn't get more than that too.

Last edited:

Gregbant

Y

ou posted it two minutes after Hamer's mistake when Sheaf had been mentioned after the thread was dormant for sever hours. If that didn't inspire you to dredge up the thread what did? If it was notifications then you obviously weren't paying the game which makes sense as you haven't got a clue what you're on about. on this or anything else.

I was actually comparing them, I was alluding to one midfielder who cost £1.5m making the same mistakes a midfielder who (will) cost £750k makes. I didn't say I prefer one or the other. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that people can say one is shit and one is brilliant when they do much of the same in so many games.

Do you get that or do I need to say it slower in single syllable words?

You can say it as slow as you like but you will probably look a bit daft wherever you are, unless you are on your own of course, you will still look daft but nobody will see at least. The speed you type it I am not fused about either.
Your point has no relevance to me then really as I didn't talk about Sheaf's mistakes, i didn't say anything about his mistakes or Hamers. I simply don't think with our budget Sheaf is worth forking out 750k on.
Now bore off and bother someone else if you want to argue with someone about points they haven't made.
I am capable of multitasking I was watching the game and enjoying it and logged on here and replied to Pete then unfortunately encountered your randomness.

cc84cov

Exactly.
Decent point of comparison would be his Midfield partner at Doncaster last season - Ben Whiteman.
Different sort of player to be fair & 24 years old so more at his prime (but less potential to develop). Similarly not played above League One previously but joined Preston for more than double the touted Sheaf fee.
Absolute uproar from Doncaster fans too that they didn't get more than that too.
I just knew you would be getting involved in anotber sheaf debate mr Frostie 👌🏻😇

PVA

Sheaf was at the Ricoh with the rest of the squad yesterday.

Seems odd to send him back to Arsenal for treatment and then drag him back here to look round the Ricoh if he's not going to be here next season...

Ccfcisparks

Sheaf was at the Ricoh with the rest of the squad yesterday.

Seems odd to send him back to Arsenal for treatment and then drag him back here to look round the Ricoh if he's not going to be here next season...
Still think he will be a decent signing and add a bit of depth to our squad. With Hamer, Sheaf, James, Kelly(?), Eccles its a good selection to pick from. Allows us to focus in other areas.

Hobo

The first thing is can Robins and the coaching staff develop players? I think we have seen a number of players develop here so yes.

Do they have the raw skills?

Do they have the right attitude to training and the ambition to develop?

In the case of Ben Sheaf I am sure Mark Robins has seen enough to answer the above and already knows whether he will stick or twist.

cc84cov

The first thing is can Robins and the coaching staff develop players? I think we have seen a number of players develop here so yes.

Do they have the raw skills?

Do they have the right attitude to training and the ambition to develop?

In the case of Ben Sheaf I am sure Mark Robins has seen enough to answer the above and already knows whether he will stick or twist.
The fact the deal dragged out so long when he came tells me we wanted to have a look before we buy,as you say in regards to robins he’s seen plenty

Magwitch1

I think we should respect MRs decision whatever it may be. My view on Sheaf taking into account he was a rookie, learning and came into our team with half the squad out injured I thought he did okay had a few blips and went off the boil a bit but I still think he will get better.

fernandopartridge

The fact the deal dragged out so long when he came tells me we wanted to have a look before we buy,as you say in regards to robins he’s seen plenty
Not necessarily if it was described as an obligation to buy rather than an option. There are myriad reasons why it may have been structured that way, from the perspective of both clubs and the player himself. I think the most likely is CCFC status and cash flow

Hertsccfc

Not necessarily if it was described as an obligation to buy rather than an option. There are myriad reasons why it may have been structured that way, from the perspective of both clubs and the player himself. I think the most likely is CCFC status and cash flow
Probably although I suspect the injury issues betterdays mentioned may have also played a part.

junglej13

I think he will be a decent signing, certainly good enough for the bench, and he and Eccles will be good cover for Kelly, James and Hamer.
Honestly be amazed if we aren't seriously in for Walsh though. Then talk of maybe offering this Colkett lad a deal really does mean would have loads of defensive central midfielders.

Magwitch1

Although his form dipped a little Sheaf has proved he can cope in the championship remember he came into our team seriously blighted with injuries to our better players I thought in the main he did okay. Fee agreed, we know what we are getting, good height, no brainier for me, hope we can do a similar deal with another Arsenal starlet.

Hobo

We really need to move on from Walsh, yes he was great for us in league 1 but he seems to be one of those players who gets better and better the longer he doesnt play.

Some fans havent moved on from Carl Baker and Reda Johnson - well okay just!

Hobo

You're just forgetting how good he was, you don't win multiple awards playing for the champions and get into the team of the season for nothing.

You could make the same case for Wiltshire?

Users who are viewing this thread