Bayliss off? (1 Viewer)

better days

I think it is Preston
And that Mark Robins will be able to use some of the proceeds to bring in his own target(s)

CanadianCCFC

SUFC?

Scunthorpe?
giphy.gif

Reactions: TTG

torchomatic

What you're missing there is Chaplin, we decided to let him go before a replacement was through the door, other teams haven't seemed to do this. Our top target has then gone off elsewhere and we're left with nothing. Bayliss is a different situation but I'd hope we've got targets to move on immediately if our valuation is met.

Was he actually our top target? I can't remember anything from the club, just people on here and Twitter, although I may be mistaken obviously. As for Chaplin, it's a difficult one. He went to Robins and said he wanted to go. What do we do? Insist he says and piss him off? The same thing happened with McNulty. He said I want to go or I'll kick off.

Timing is not great for either Walker or Bayliss, but still think it's out of our control. I think we were spoilt with ten quickish signings and then nothing.

Liquid Gold

Was he actually our top target? I can't remember anything from the club, just people on here and Twitter, although I may be mistaken obviously. As for Chaplin, it's a difficult one. He went to Robins and said he wanted to go. What do we do? Insist he says and piss him off? The same thing happened with McNulty. He said I want to go or I'll kick off.

Timing is not great for either Walker or Bayliss, but still think it's out of our control. I think we were spoilt with ten quickish signings and then nothing.
Chaplin was happy to sit around at Pompey waiting for a deal to be done 12 months ago. I don’t see his personality changing that much in such a short time.

torchomatic

Chaplin was happy to sit around at Pompey waiting for a deal to be done 12 months ago. I don’t see his personality changing that much in such a short time.

Whether that's the case or not, he still went into Robins' office and said he wanted to go to Barnsley.

Liquid Gold

Whether that's the case or not, he still went into Robins' office and said he wanted to go to Barnsley.
Just like he went into Jackett’s office and said he wanted to come to Coventry. They waited till they had their man. We let him go, lost our man (supposedly, and even if it wasn’t Walker we still haven’t replaced him) and potentially disrupted the start of our season.

3 points on Saturday and I’ll feel better about it all but a team aiming for top half, let along playoffs, would be intending to go in to the season with only Baka and Biamou.

better days

Please don’t say that and give us any slither of hope to be positive about.

I prefer to be depressed before the season has even started.
Any idea on whether that’s known targets (Walker/Bright) or he’s moving on to new targets?
I know he likes Bright but it all depends on Wolves.
Normally big clubs will only send young players who they think have a big future on loan if they extend their contract when they're in their final year

cooperskyblue

I would prefer us, obviously, to keep Bayliss, but if he does go, as well as the attacking targets we want, we would then need a centre mid, especially if we are going with 433 this season as that would only leave us with Kelly, Allen Shipley and Westbrooke really as centre mids.

Bristol sky blue

Am a bit taken aback by doom and gloom on here... Bit of an over-reaction to missing out on Tyler Walker.

MR has a half decent record at recruiting strikers (both in his 1st and current spell). He will get someone genuinely useful in by end of August I'm sure.

As for Bayliss, I'm surprised he's still here. We have to cut our cloth according to our situation. The key will be how much MR is given to spend / how much on player wages.

I am optimistic that at least one Academy player will break through into the first team this year - possibly Sam McCallum.

Liquid Gold

Am a bit taken aback by doom and gloom on here... Bit of an over-reaction to missing out on Tyler Walker.

MR has a half decent record at recruiting strikers (both in his 1st and current spell). He will get someone genuinely useful in by end of August I'm sure.

As for Bayliss, I'm surprised he's still here. We have to cut our cloth according to our situation. The key will be how much MR is given to spend / how much on player wages.

I am optimistic that at least one Academy player will break through into the first team this year - possibly Sam McCallum.
I think Robins has done amazingly well in both spells with us but how many really good strikers has he bought in? I’d say Clarke and McNulty is all.

higgs

From what I'm hearing Bayliss has been touted about as Robins is desperate for cash. I think it's a piss take, flog the season tickets and sell the best players afterwards.
With only 3k season tickets sold its inevitable that we can't afford to keep the squad together

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

From what I'm hearing Bayliss has been touted about as Robins is desperate for cash. I think it's a piss take, flog the season tickets and sell the best players afterwards.
Agreed hence their sales pitch when season tickets were released “were going for it” didn’t fool me for one second.SISU are rats not surprised in the slightest.

AFCCOVENTRY

We still have Hiwula, Baka and Max as strikers. I suspect Hiwula will start down the middle in his actual position.

I’m sure we have other attacking targets.

torchomatic

Proactively depleting your squad on the eve of the season, not really. I wouldn't be bothered so much if clubs were coming for Bayliss but they're not, hence somebody like Preston.

Says who? So Preston are just buying Bayliss to piss off a few people on SBT?

Covstu

We all know that Bayliss is going at some point, we need to get a Madison type deal where we can make further money but a decent down payment of a couple of Mill now. I don’t think we panic over a striker, the market is moving late this year inc the premier league so it might be we will be doing business later than usual. Not worried personally

Liquid Gold

Proactively depleting your squad on the eve of the season, not really. I wouldn't be bothered so much if clubs were coming for Bayliss but they're not, hence somebody like Preston.
I don’t necessarily have a problem with it if we’ve got players lined up. If Bayliss goes then a striker, Bright and a midfielder came in straight away then he’s just using his resources. If we sell Bayliss and it goes quiet while we sit on cash and teams know it I’ll be annoyed.

shmmeee

We have a day. The season begins tomorrow, we cannot afford to weaken our own squad. As I said before, we scored once from open play and won once in the first 6 games last season. It was basically relegation form. We can't afford to do.

By all accounts he’s got a release clause at £3m. Not sure there’s much we could do.

Users who are viewing this thread