Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

PVA

Gotta be a win here I feel. We are better than them, and will play it around. They will have to rely on breakaways. That is where we need to be careful.

Not sure I agree with any of that I'm afraid.

I don't know how people can say we are better than any team in this league except Rotherham and Wycombe.

I do think we'll be fine this season, but there seems to be a bit of arrogance or giddiness after one win.

Irish Sky Blue

Gotta be a win here I feel. We are better than them, and will play it around. They will have to rely on breakaways. That is where we need to be careful. Giles is the left wing back for sure. Rose should return to get our system and players that are used to the system back together. Sheaf should start and take his chance to stamp his place in the side. Kelly, Shippers and Walker on the bench.
So far this season we have played far more on the break. It is almost as if the MK Cup game was a preparation for this style, as we retreated and allowed them a lot of the ball. In that game, unlike the other 3 we have played, we conceded a lot of chances. Even the second half against QPR, though much improved on the first, I felt that they had more possession. We were hurting them almost every time we went forward however, in the second period. If what the Barnsley chap says is true, I wouldn’t be surprised if the same tactic is employed, we allow them the ball, try to smother any creativity and hit them on the break. I hope we win obviously but I am expecting a difficult game. I would be happy with the draw.

Happy_Martian

Gotta be a win here I feel. We are better than them, and will play it around. They will have to rely on breakaways. That is where we need to be careful. Giles is the left wing back for sure. Rose should return to get our system and players that are used to the system back together. Sheaf should start and take his chance to stamp his place in the side. Kelly, Shippers and Walker on the bench.

As Sky Blue Harry has mentioned, Ostigard is here and has the jersey. He's not been found wanting in that position so you can't drop him just because Rose is back. Besides, we don't know if Brighton have a "must be played if fit" agreement in the loan. Same situation as McCallum jumping ahead of Giles.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure I agree with any of that I'm afraid.

I don't know how people can say we are better than any team in this league except Rotherham and Wycombe.

I do think we'll be fine this season, but there seems to be a bit of arrogance or giddiness after one win.

I certainly don’t think there’ll be many draws this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rose for McFadz

Fadz is the leader at the back. Despite the odd hiccough, he stays where he is. On a side note, we have some seriously good centre backs at the club - a long time since I can remember us having such strength in that area. Fadz, Rose and Ostigard all have a bit of steel about them, and if Dom changed his name to Angus or Rocky I'd include him as well (Dom sounds too soft!)

SleepyGinger

Fadz is the leader at the back. Despite the odd hiccough, he stays where he is. On a side note, we have some seriously good centre backs at the club - a long time since I can remember us having such strength in that area. Fadz, Rose and Ostigard all have a bit of steel about them, and if Dom changed his name to Angus or Rocky I'd include him as well (Dom sounds too soft!)

I know he’s a leader and the captain at the minute in the absence of Kelly but he’s made an error contributing to a goal in both league games so far.

Rose and Hyam both played 100+ games, ostigard played full seasons in Norway and Germany and all the Norwegian youth teams I’m sure they would be OK without him.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I
Yeah they’re both one game suspensions as far as I’m aware. So they’ll miss tonight’s game.

Have they changed the rules regarding a straight red card then?

CanadianCCFC

I know he’s a leader and the captain at the minute in the absence of Kelly but he’s made an error contributing to a goal in both league games so far.

Rose and Hyam both played 100+ games, ostigard played full seasons in Norway and Germany and all the Norwegian youth teams I’m sure they would be OK without him.
Yep, they’re not exactly teenagers

Mucca Mad Boys

Rose also made an error which lead to us drawing against Gillingham who hadn’t troubled us all night. Hardly staking a claim for the starting berth.

I like Rose, and for sure McFadz will drop out the starting lineup eventually, but he’s too important to the team at this moment in time to justify dropping him.

Barnsley

Have they changed the rules regarding a straight red card then?

Not as far as I know, it’s the same as it ever was.

1 game suspension for a professional foul. (Which our was)
2 Game suspension for decent.
3 Game suspension for violent conduct.

Unless it’s been changed whilst I wasn’t looking, which is possible.

Sky Blue Harry H

Watching Chelsea v Barnsley. Barnsley giving it a real go. Had 3 good chances v one for Chelsea. Anyone who thinks we're in for a simple game is nuts. They attack and defend in numbers and with intent.

Reactions: PVA

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Looks like Barnsley are resting Chaplin and Thomas today. On the bench.
Is it just those two that are being rested? I'm not very familiar with the Barnsley starting XI. Mowatt is playing who I think is a starter for them.

Was hoping their 1st team would spend 90 minutes chasing shadows tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread