Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

PVA

I thought we looked weaker when Allen went off and we went 2 upfront, this was the same as Bristol City. We just lost the balance in the midfield and made us vulnerable to more chances. We do miss Kelly

Problem is we don't have anyone to bring on for Allen in that position at the moment, so the only option really is to go two up top.

If we had Jones (or even Bapaga) on the bench then we could do a straight swap.

When Kelly is back that will at least free up Shipley to compete for that AM spot.

fernandopartridge

Problem is we don't have anyone to bring on for Allen in that position at the moment, so the only option really is to go two up top.

When Kelly is back that will at least free up Shipley to compete for that AM spot.
I'm a little surprised that Robins has suggested no further transfers given the injuries to Jones and Bapaga, it can only be for financial reasons.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How often is a defensive midfielder regarded as the "Messiah" in any team? He is doing a job very well. His yellow today was stopping a counter attack near the end of the game. Part of his job. What exactly are you expecting him to do in a game? He is not going to be running at defences like Ronaldo.

For a million pounds he has looked better than most of the opposing teams midfielders we have played against so far, ones that are worth ten times more, I think that's what everyone else with eyes are seeing.

Makelele and Kante are the main ones I can think of.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm a little surprised that Robins has suggested no further transfers given the injuries to Jones and Bapaga, it can only be for financial reasons.

I think he might be saying that until he can shift some people on. Max, Brandon, Kasta moving on would give some headroom for one more decent attacking player.

SleepyGinger

We weren’t at our best yesterday but it’s important that we still picked up a point. Would like to see another attacking midfielder brought in on loan to take some of the creative burden off ohare, with each game I feel more confident we will be OK at this level.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Shipley is the most obvious - links up well with the striker and can be a threat himself. If Hilssner gets fit he also needs giving a go to see how he links up.

But with injuries we do look like we could do with someone with pace as an option as well. Hilssner isn't that man. Jobello maybe but still some way off fitness. Don't think we can justify another signing just for that though given the squad size unless some start going out.

Users who are viewing this thread