Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

PVA

Although they are losing its a bit of an eye opener for those who thought plucky little Barnsley would just roll over for us.

Barnsley

Good workout this so far, average age of our side is 22.6 and the lack of experience is showing, but we’re giving it a go, but yet again we’re not taking our chances, it’s becoming a massive problem. Defensive mistake for the first goal from a player who’s not been starting. All in all what I expected from us really, we’ll keep huffing and puffing in the second half, missing good chances I would have thought.

Barnsley

Good workout this so far, average age of our side is 22.6 and the lack of experience is showing, but we’re giving it a go, but yet again we’re not taking our chances, it’s becoming a massive problem. Defensive mistake for the first goal from a player who’s not been starting. All in all what I expected from us really, we’ll keep huffing and puffing in the second half, missing good chances I would have thought.

Sky Blue Harry H

If I was MR watching Barnsley. I'd definitely go out wide or long against Barnsley. The short stuff for Fadz/another from Marosi to the edge of the area will be asking for trouble against these, as they press with 3 forwards, with the rest of the team not far behind them. Get them turned around is the way to go (assistant coach SBHarry!)

Sky Blue Harry H

3rd Chelsea's goal as Barnsley captain does a Fadz dribble out (and fails) Thomas on!

David O'Day

Sky bigging up how well Barnsley played despite the score.
Said they were a big threat 1st half!

They ran about a lot just like any team playing a much bigger team in the cup does. That's all and once Chelsea got into the game it was really easy.

Covstu

We always do well up there but they owe us one!! Not going to be easy up there, shame I always enjoyed going up

Frostie

If I was MR watching Barnsley. I'd definitely go out wide or long against Barnsley. The short stuff for Fadz/another from Marosi to the edge of the area will be asking for trouble against these, as they press with 3 forwards, with the rest of the team not far behind them. Get them turned around is the way to go (assistant coach SBHarry!)

The key to breaking down their pressing style will be the 2 CDMs in my opinion.
We need to invite the press then play forward into Godden with good quality ball. Then the CAMs & the WBs come into play with the gaps that will be created in behind the press.

It's a difficult system to play against but will always throw up opportunities & hopefully our system with quite a fluent front 3 will be able to exploit it.

Should be a good tactical battle.

Sky Blue Harry H

If Godden Gets 10 shots on Saturday we’ll score 6
Watched an hour of that game tonight. I honestly don't think Barnsley will end up at the bottom of this division. Obviously need to hit the net more, but they could easily have scored 3 in that first half. What may be a problem for them is if they get leggy over the season with that style of play and all the midweek games. Much more exciting team to watch than Stoke or Middlesbore.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I find it strange that league suspensions can be used in a worthless cup game. Has that always been the case?

Either way I'm not that worried. I like Barnsley as a club very much, but compared to a lot of opponents we are facing this season then we should be going all guns blazing up there. All this talk of their attacking players being immense at everything other than final product reminds me of Ryan fuck Kent.

fernandopartridge

Watched an hour of that game tonight. I honestly don't think Barnsley will end up at the bottom of this division. Obviously need to hit the net more, but they could easily have scored 3 in that first half. What may be a problem for them is if they get leggy over the season with that style of play and all the midweek games. Much more exciting team to watch than Stoke or Middlesbore.
But really H playing 'well' yet losing heavily really is a bad sign. As confidence diminishes so will performances. If they're being beaten without scoring playing well than God knows what they'll be like in a downturn in confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread