Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcricoh

Anyone who thinks this will be easy hasn't got a clue what they're talking about. No games will be 'easy' this season, it's the nature of the league. The closest we'll get to an 'easy' game is Wycombe at home and even then I wouldn't call it easy. Barnsley achieved last year what we're hoping to achieve this year, by staying in the division. That's not to downplay our strengths, we'll give most teams a run for their money and won't make life easy, but anyone who thinks we're gonna steam roll past the teams who finished near the bottom last season is in for a nasty surprise. Would take a point but would obviously be delighted with three.
I dont think anyone truly believes it will be an easy game, there are however "easier" games, and this is one of them.

They only stayed up because of a points deduction, on the pitch they deserve to be in the league below us right now. Our aim this year isnt to match Barnsley, its to better them, to do that, beating them would help.

With you though, would take a point and will be delighted with a win!

shmmeee

Yeah
I dont think anyone truly believes it will be an easy game, there are however "easier" games, and this is one of them.

They only stayed up because of a points deduction, on the pitch they deserve to be in the league below us right now. Our aim this year isnt to match Barnsley, its to better them, to do that, beating them would help.

With you though, would take a point and will be delighted with a win!

Yeah this is it for me. If we struggle to beat Barnsley then we’re in for a long old season. I fully expect us to be in for a long old season mind you.

That said they’ve had a terrible start and will have identified this game as a chance to correct that.

jordan210

Ref watch with Jordan210

Josh smith has not taken charge of a championship fixture in his career.

This season he has taken charge of 3 matches dishing out 4 yellow cards and 0 reds. All of these came in one match. 2 EFL cup matches and 1 league 1 match.

He has never been in charged with us playing before.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I still wouldn't take a point if offered. They may not be a bad side but they're not going to be challenging at the top, we should be looking at beating them more than Watford, Norwich etc. where I would take a point if offered.

robbiethemole

Ref watch with Jordan210

Josh smith has not taken charge of a championship fixture in his career.

This season he has taken charge of 3 matches dishing out 4 yellow cards and 0 reds. All of these came in one match. 2 EFL cup matches and 1 league 1 match.

He has never been in charged with us playing before.

Let's hope he can keep up with the play then, the tempo is higher in this league than what he's had before. We don't want some bugger 10 yards behind the play, giving dodgy penalties, do we??

Marty

Having just watched the highlights from every game Barnsley have played this season, It's fair too say, there will be plenty of loose balls being played in their half, their defence goes to pieces with a bit of pressure, they play neat football but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I fully expect one of their defence to be sent off after a loose ball is intercepted and O'Hare is bearing in on goal.

Comfortable 3-0 win. O'Hare x 2 & Hamer freekick.

Kieranp96

Having just watched the highlights from every game Barnsley have played this season, It's fair too say, there will be plenty of loose balls being played in their half, their defence goes to pieces with a bit of pressure, they play neat football but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I fully expect one of their defence to be sent off after a loose ball is intercepted and O'Hare is bearing in on goal.

Hopefully, you know how cov play against weaker sides 😂.

Legia Sky Blue

The stats from their Chelsea game show they had 14 shots with 9 on target, which tends to back up the Barnsley fans statements about them creating loads but not scoring. While that should be a positive for us, there will undoubtedly be some game somewhere that it does click for them, so just hope its not Saturday.

Barnsley

there will undoubtedly be some game somewhere that it does click for them, so just hope its not Saturday.

Been saying that since February “someone’s in for a hammering at some point” never happened, and I can’t see it happening now, we’ll have to see if the new head coach can get us scoring.

Mucca Mad Boys

Been saying that since February “someone’s in for a hammering at some point” never happened, and I can’t see it happening now, we’ll have to see if the new head coach can get us scoring.

Is he leaving?

I see NY Red Bull have lined up a move, but surely he came to England to get a job at top-end Championship or Premiership club, eventually. Not an MLS gig.

Liquid Gold

It must have been shit for you to play Chelsea really. Normally you don't care about the result but you get the big day out to a proper stadium and see some stars play. Sitting at home knowing you're getting spanked would be shit.

Edit: Also bring back that badge with the dog, that was banging.

Last edited:

Barnsley

It must have been shit for you to play Chelsea really. Normally you don't care about the result but you get the big day out to a proper stadium and see some stars play. Sitting at home knowing you're getting spanked would be shit.

I’ve only missed 8 league or FA Cup game home & away in the last 12 years due to illness, and didn’t miss meny before then going right back to the mid 90s when I got my first full time job. Been a season ticket holder for 25 years.

But I’ve been boycotting that absolute disgrace of a competition for 20 years. When its run properly and not geared up to benefit the bigger clubs with massive squad of high quality, and silly north & south pots, two legged semis when none of other rounds are. And drawing the next round before a balls been kicked in the previous round and other ridiculous things, I’ll give the EFL my brass until then they’ll not get a penny out of me for that bollox.

Barnsley

Is he leaving?

I see NY Red Bull have lined up a move, but surely he came to England to get a job at top-end Championship or Premiership club, eventually. Not an MLS gig.

Our owners are like smack heads if it’s not nailed down they’ll sell it. If we’re offered a few quid he’s gone.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can say similar things about us at the back. Both sides will score imo though I think we'll edge it and it won't be comfortable

Gibbo

We had 9 shots on target from 14 shots in total and scored none. Typical Barnsley.
With Thomas and Chaplin in the team, we are not suprised. Both lacked end product in different ways
Edit -seems neither was playing, oh well

Last edited:

SkyBlueOz

Chaplin and Thomas couldnt do it for us in League 1, so im glad we dont have them in the Championship. Gimmee Godden and OHare over them anytime. Thomas was quality but like a few have already mentioned, he has no end product. Once he has that sorted , he'll be a damn good player.

Happy_Martian

Think I'm going to cement my position as this forum's worst pundit ever by predicting a Barnsley win. 3-1 due to the defensive frailties of both teams. O'Hare or Godden for us as a consolation.

mark82

Our owners are like smack heads if it’s not nailed down they’ll sell it. If we’re offered a few quid he’s gone.

What's all the nonsense going on around your stadium? Saw the other day the owners were threatening to move out unless they got a share in the stadium.

mrtrench

Think I'm going to cement my position as this forum's worst pundit ever by predicting a Barnsley win. 3-1 due to the defensive frailties of both teams. O'Hare or Godden for us as a consolation.

3-1 win it is then. Cheers, off to betfair now.

Barnsley

What's all the nonsense going on around your stadium? Saw the other day the owners were threatening to move out unless they got a share in the stadium.

it’s all bollox, never going to happen, it’s to divert the attention from the fact we keep selling decent strikers and not replacing them.

Barnsley

Chaplin and Thomas couldnt do it for us in League 1, so im glad we dont have them in the Championship. Gimmee Godden and OHare over them anytime. Thomas was quality but like a few have already mentioned, he has no end product. Once he has that sorted , he'll be a damn good player.

he’s starting to luck good in his new position.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

it’s all bollox, never going to happen, it’s to divert the attention from the fact we keep selling decent strikers and not replacing them.
Weirdly that’s what we said right before we ended up at Northampton.

Didn’t realise you didn’t own your ground. Sympathies with you - I hope that ends up positively in the end

Barnsley

Weirdly that’s what we said right before we ended up at Northampton.

Didn’t realise you didn’t own your ground. Sympathies with you - I hope that ends up positively in the end

as I’ve said our owners are like smack heads they’ll sell anything, the council own 50% of the ground to stop people like these selling it. It’s doing what it’s designed to do. And because they want their grubby little mits on it, they’re playing games.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

as I’ve said our owners are like smack heads they’ll sell anything, the council own 50% of the ground to stop people like these selling it. It’s doing what it’s designed to do. And because they want their grubby little mits on it, they’re playing games.
Are you currently paying rent there then? Aren’t the previous owners the owner of the other 50%

D

Deleted member 2477

Im predicting 2-2 both teams like to atack And not sit back but are prone to leaking goals.
looks like both Barnsley players are back having served their one match bans in the cup game

Users who are viewing this thread