Match Thread Barnsley (H) (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

We will be favourites for defeat ofcourse , but the message to the players should be to all but guarantee championship football with a win .

No point playing it out from the back as they will be comfortable with that .

Very tough game ...

Would take a point but would love a win

Magwitch1

One good thing about this game is it is on Sunday last of the weekend we will know exactly what needs to be done. At the moment on form Barnsley are the second best team in the league which is ideal for us to flex our muscles against.

shepardo01

I fancy us for this and I was saying it before tonight, think their style of play will suit us.
...high energy, high press, won last seven away games on the trot, over a weeks rest vs our 2 days....
Things certainly stack up against us in this one!!!!

Jamesimus

Think their pressing will cause us to be more direct, which probably doesn't suit our forward line too much.

I think we have to start with two up top again if only just to give them something to think about every time Kelly lobs it forward.

As well as he did last night, I don't think this is one for Dacosta who seems a bit panicked on the ball when pressed.

Barnsley

Think their pressing will cause us to be more direct, which probably doesn't suit our forward line too much.

I think we have to start with two up top again if only just to give them something to think about every time Kelly lobs it forward.

As well as he did last night, I don't think this is one for Dacosta who seems a bit panicked on the ball when pressed.

You’d be better off with no centre forwards to be fair. They’ll not get many chances anyway.

kg82

Would be happy with a draw.
By the way, I just noticed that there are no 3pm kick offs tomorrow. Why’s that? Something to do with the semi-final?

MacReady

Would be happy with a draw.
By the way, I just noticed that there are no 3pm kick offs tomorrow. Why’s that? Something to do with the semi-final?
Think it’s because of Prince Phillips funeral or summat.

Magwitch1

If everyone’s fit same team that started yesterday, looks like Walker might be out though if so draft in either Gyo, Max or even Hamer and push O’Hare further forward. Unless Dabo is fit which is doubtful I would leave DaCosta in situ, still raw defensively but gave us good balance on our right hand side, well once he settled he did.

no_loyalty

I think this will end up as a draw, which will be a good result.

Grendel

Nil nil written all over it

Users who are viewing this thread