Match Thread Barnsley (H) (2 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

Cant work out if this Barnsley bloke is on a bit of wind up to be honest ha! Just get a sense of smugness and gloating...

Not going to be an easy game by any stretch, but christ, you'd think we were about to play the World XI.

Wont be the hardest game we play this season and nothing to suggest we cant sneak a draw or more.

skybluesam66

they are Sheffield united of last year - works until found out
Robins is very good at beating an average team who have found a system that works

mark_ccfc

Would be a disaster if we went for playing out from the back in this one. Their high pressing game would be bound to force errors at the back.
Would be happy with a draw.

Sky Blue Harry H

Da costa all day for me. I have said it for weeks that I don't buy that he someone a shit dud. He just needs consistent game time. Eccles got load sit plaudits but that's cos he's an academy kid doing a job in unfamiliar position. Da costa is the better fit there.

Him and Dabo next year as rwb cohort will do me.

If we can get Da Costa fit and then get him disciplined (i.e. teach him some discipline regarding positional awareness e.g. when you're 1-0 up in a vital match, you don't need to be making runs into the opposition's yard box) Rotherham's only danger (that freak Wing shot aside) came when Da Costa had drifted infield and Harding (I think) had time and space on the left wing to curl in crosses aiming for their lumps. Luckily he didn't get them right, but he was afforded way too much space, compared to McCallum's covering on the other side.

Sky Blue Harry H

We've shown we can compete with top 6 sides so why is everyone shitting themselves over Barnsley?

No-one is sh*tting themselves over this one now. Yesterday, people were rightly nervous, but that result has changed the mood markedly. Hoping Blackburn can beat Derby tonight, and AA is on his game. Would be a nice start to the weekend. Then Forest to beat Huddersfield to keep it going!

SkyBlueDom26

Can’t wait to beat the ‘Mighty best team in the world and can beat anybody and has all the best players in the world’ Barnsley.....seriously why are you so over confident and arrogant it’s laughable @Barnsley

AOM

Cant work out if this Barnsley bloke is on a bit of wind up to be honest ha! Just get a sense of smugness and gloating...

Not going to be an easy game by any stretch, but christ, you'd think we were about to play the World XI.

Wont be the hardest game we play this season and nothing to suggest we cant sneak a draw or more.

Hope our squad and coaching staff have been made aware we're about to play Real Madrid on Sunday

Barnsley

I don't think he is being arrogant.

His team are 6th. They are miles better than us.

got accused of this last time we played you. If you read what I put I’m basically informing you how we play and what to expect, if people are reading it differently then that’s on them. I think we’ll beat you but wouldn’t be surprised if you get a draw and I’d be happy with a draw given our position in the table.

Happy_Martian

Jamesimus

Lack of rest is surely going to be a factor here. We'll have only had a couple of days off and Barnsley won't have played since Saturday.

covcity4life

If we can get Da Costa fit and then get him disciplined (i.e. teach him some discipline regarding positional awareness e.g. when you're 1-0 up in a vital match, you don't need to be making runs into the opposition's yard box) Rotherham's only danger (that freak Wing shot aside) came when Da Costa had drifted infield and Harding (I think) had time and space on the left wing to curl in crosses aiming for their lumps. Luckily he didn't get them right, but he was afforded way too much space, compared to McCallum's covering on the other side.
He's still learning but no chance I get angry at him for nearly making it 2 nil

I would imagine teams near the top of the league have that sort of attacking intent
We want to be in this position for a short while only and look tondo a Barnsley. Asking for wing backs to not to help kill off games is some mike basset crazyness

Barnsley

Lack of rest is surely going to be a factor here. We'll have only had a couple of days off and Barnsley won't have played since Saturday.
It’s the reason I think we’ll beat you, if you hadn’t played yesterday, I’d have predicted a draw. But as it is I think we’ll do you late on.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s the reason I think we’ll beat you, if you hadn’t played yesterday, I’d have predicted a draw. But as it is I think we’ll do you late on.

Objectively I agree, but in this barmy league who knows. Hopefully an entertaining game regardless

wingy

You’d be better off with no centre forwards to be fair. They’ll not get many chances anyway.
What was it you were saying about pinging it into the zones either side of the penalty area, probably not quite that deep?

Barnsley

You've only kept the same amount of clean sheets in the league as we have and 7 teams have a better defence so your tactics aren't exactly working perfectly.

We’re 6th on the league table so we’re not doing to badly. Obviously we’re going to concede goals everyone does, it’s the clear cut chances against us that are few and far between, if you’re clinical you’ll get a couple of goals, but if you we’re clinical you wouldn’t have spent the whole season in a relegation battle.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good luck to Barnsley - nice that they are upsetting the glitterati of the football world, Provided we stay up, little else matters.

I quite like a visit to Pride Park, but wouldn't mind Derby getting relegated, as Derby are more likely to be stronger than Rotherham next season if they stop up. Cheering Blackburn tonight.

Barnsley

What was it you were saying about pinging it into the zones either side of the penalty area, probably not quite that deep?

Having seen us play all season, if I was trying to beat us, I’d double up on the wings and get in behind the full backs as often as possible, having midfield pushing up with late runs into the box. And definitely 100% not try playing out from the back.

Sky Blue Harry H

We’re 6th on the league table so we’re not doing to badly. Obviously we’re going to concede goals everyone does, it’s the clear cut chances against us that are few and far between, if you’re clinical you’ll get a couple of goals, but if you we’re clinical you wouldn’t have spent the whole season in a relegation battle.

If you come on here on Sunday having wiped the floor with us it's

OR

Users who are viewing this thread