Match Thread Barnsley (H) (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

We will do very well to get a draw here, and I will happily take that! 5 draws would see us safe, although take it down to the wire.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We will do very well to get a draw here, and I will happily take that! 5 draws would see us safe, although take it down to the wire.
I reckon 3 more draws would do it. Rotherham took 4 points from these last 3 games, can’t see them repeating that from the next 6 and even if they did it would put them on 47 points.

3 draws or 1 more win and we can start planning for West Brom, Fulham and Sheff Utd

Ccfcisparks

I reckon 3 more draws would do it. Rotherham took 4 points from these last 3 games, can’t see them repeating that from the next 6 and even if they did it would put them on 47 points.

3 draws or 1 more win and we can start planning for West Brom, Fulham and Sheff Utd
They also still have Barnsley and Brentford still to play. A win and a draw would be superb. Could see us playing out for a draw at Huddersfield for us both to stay up.

Yorkshire SB

Will be a really hard game, Barnsley a quality side.

Benefit for us is that the team should be on a big high, and we've got a more than decent home record. Could very conceivably get all three points!

Brighton Sky Blue

Will be a really hard game, Barnsley a quality side.

Benefit for us is that the team should be on a big high, and we've got a more than decent home record. Could very conceivably get all three points!

As excellent as Barnsley have been, as many games in a row away they’ve won...

it’s Barnsley. Can’t remove that from my head

shmmeee

Fair to say this and Huddersfield are the only games left against teams with something to play for?

scottccfc

always had a soft spot for barnsley ever since being mascot vs them in the prmiership days.
id take a draw now

Brighton Sky Blue

Getting something would be huge as it would keep them desperate to confirm playoff spot vs our rivals

Think they’ll do to us what we did yesterday, high intensity from the off, hunting in packs and all that. But leaving opportunities to get picked off by well timed balls over the top. Really not sure who we select at RWB here.

skybluesam66

I actually think we will beat them comfortably
Barnsley are flying, but are actually just having 1 of those seasons
We are having an end of season consolidation
They will take us too lightly - we will win 3-0 /3-1

Winny the Bish

Would be very happy with a 0-0 borefest.

Think we'd be smart to avoid their press and bypass the midfield, so would consider starting Max for this one.

no_loyalty

Fair to say this and Huddersfield are the only games left against teams with something to play for?

As it stands at the moment yes, if Huddersfield win their next three games (highly unlikely) then they will be safe when we play them. If Preston lose their next two, there is a slight chance they could be dragged into it by the time we play them.

Brighton Sky Blue

So basically we need our strikers at the the top of their game and not the drunken versions last night

I would go for something similar to what we tried against Birmingham ‘away’ where they also went for a very high line. Gyo would be an option to start in such a case. Perhaps also one for Hamer to start as well if we’re planning on quickly launching balls over the top.

Barnsley

Think they’ll do to us what we did yesterday, high intensity from the off, hunting in packs and all that. But leaving opportunities to get picked off by well timed balls over the top. Really not sure who we select at RWB here.

we defend on the half way line whilst hunting in packs, so ball over top ends up I with the sweeper keeper, or with your man off side.

shmmeee

not bad for big lads.

Will be an interesting game. We’re a very different team to when we first played you, a lot more direct and uglier, but I thought we actually did OK against you first time round, but of course you guys are clearly a lot better too.

no_loyalty

We will do very well to keep Daryl Dike quiet, he is quick, strong and can finish.

covcity4life

Da costa all day for me. I have said it for weeks that I don't buy that he someone a shit dud. He just needs consistent game time. Eccles got load sit plaudits but that's cos he's an academy kid doing a job in unfamiliar position. Da costa is the better fit there.

Him and Dabo next year as rwb cohort will do me.

Users who are viewing this thread