Match Thread Barnsley Away Match Thread (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

I thought Gyo led the line well today I think we can see he’s had a good pre season

AFCCOVENTRY

Most of Twitter stuff is the pen question,the wages thing came from John Dawkins deleted tweet it’s banter,I think everyone knows greggs is on the wind up

Dawkins is an idiot. Just wants the attention. He pretends he’s always in the know. Unfortunately some prats take his words as verbatim.

larry_david

I don’t think Simon Moore has been mentioned much but again fills me with confidence back there comes and collects crosses very assured with his feet also,looking to be a very good signing
Better than that clown in goal for them today. Christ they got away with murder. That back pass that he came charging out for after we'd missed the pen.

shmmeee

Just seen some of the comments from Barnsley fans under our players tweets. That combined with their disgusting antics today and their dodgy ownership structure. Fast becoming my least liked club in the division.

Sick Boy

I don’t think Robins will be best pleased with this. Club has quite a strong social media policy. I get he wants to protect himself and teammates from the annoying stuff being posted but you shouldn’t react. Dabo should know better.

We’ve played 2 league games and for some reason so called fans are creating agro with our new signings and they’re reacting.

This isn’t great.
Robins probably fully agrees with their sentiments.

slowpoke

Last week we won a game we could have lost but should have drew and this week we have lost a game we could have won but should have drew, just about sums what this division is all about.
We are still a work in progress and played one of last seasons better teams outplayed them overall annoying we lost but confident we will get better.

BackRoomRummermill

Totally agree with that, I think from what I’ve seen so far we will comfortably finish mid table. Apart from not scoring, and the switch off for the goal, the performance was very good.

I would totally agree , i feel fairly content - we are two games in and fingers crossed no new injuries we will be OK

slowpoke

Regards players reaction to social media comments I don’t blame them to be honest we have on here a group of keyboard warriors using the echo chamber of this website to slag off and bully individuals why ? Shipley last year still going on and he’s hardly played, this time we have had Simon Moore individually pilloried before he had even put a kit on his back.
Waghorn re-named foghorn or wankhorn accused of costing the baulk of our budget we know is bollox and even blamed for not taking yesterday’s penalty.
Can’t do a lot about it but ignore these idiots dont rise to the bait they will go away and support the our players.
They have been brought to the club by one of the best managers we have had here working in a tough environment transfer wise knocking new players is knocking him in my opinion.

Garryb80

Regards players reaction to social media comments I don’t blame them to be honest we have on here a group of keyboard warriors using the echo chamber of this website to slag off and bully individuals why ? Shipley last year still going on and he’s hardly played, this time we have had Simon Moore individually pilloried before he had even put a kit on his back.
Waghorn re-named foghorn or wankhorn accused of costing the baulk of our budget we know is bollox and even blamed for not taking yesterday’s penalty.
Can’t do a lot about it but ignore these idiots dont rise to the bait they will go away and support the our players.
They have been brought to the club by one of the best managers we have had here working in a tough environment transfer wise knocking new players is knocking him in my opinion.
While i appreciate what your trying to say you can't stop people criticising players for poor performances. You seemto be in the camp who believe players should be bullet proof and never hear anything negative. A lot of stuff on here is over the top, some examples you mentioned, but supporters have the right to say when someone isnt performing. Players love social media when being told they are great and lap it up but as soon as someone criticises them its a whole lot different. Cant have it both ways.

skybluegod

While i appreciate what your trying to say you can't stop people criticising players for poor performances. You seemto be in the camp who believe players should be bullet proof and never hear anything negative. A lot of stuff on here is over the top, some examples you mentioned, but supporters have the right to say when someone isnt performing. Players love social media when being told they are great and lap it up but as soon as someone criticises them its a whole lot different. Cant have it both ways.

I think what slowpoke is saying is that people are wrong to criticise players before being given a chance.

If a player is shit for 10-15 games then fair enough. But waghorn has played about 140 minutes of football for us and he's getting dogs abuse, mainly based on conjecture of his wages? And there is a difference between criticising performance and outright giving a abuse which appears to be the missing gap for me.

It also feels like some people want players to fail. It's ridiculous how little time players are given to improve or show their true talent before being thrown into the SBT bomb squad.

higgs

We're we the better team yesterday should we have taken the 3pts it seemed to be us with the chances on the highlights

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

theferret

I think what slowpoke is saying is that people are wrong to criticise players before being given a chance.

If a player is shit for 10-15 games then fair enough. But waghorn has played about 140 minutes of football for us and he's getting dogs abuse, mainly based on conjecture of his wages? And there is a difference between criticising performance and outright giving a abuse which appears to be the missing gap for me.

It also feels like some people want players to fail. It's ridiculous how little time players are given to improve or show their true talent before being thrown into the SBT bomb squad.

At some point people are just going to have to get their head around the fact that some people are like this and they now have a public platform.

In the real world, the team were given a great ovation as they left the pitch and even on social media the vast majority of the comments I read were positive. That's as good as it's ever going to be on the back of a defeat.

The relationship between players and fans at City is as good as I can remeber it in my lifetime. We literally sing the praises of our manager every week, and have done so for several years. Rarely do I see fans of other clubs show that level of devotion to their manager. Celebrate this, an extended period of togetherness, stability and appreciation that managers and players at other clubs would love.

If you want to see some real twitter bile, check out the Derby timeline yesterday.

SBAndy

Can we just nuke Twitter instead?

Regarding their goal, poor judgement from Hyam to drop deep and play their man onside, and he was a bit wider than you’d like when out of possession. All comes back to his lack of pace and therefore he doesn’t have the confidence to step up and play him off.

larry_david

At some point people are just going to have to get their head around the fact that some people are like this and they now have a public platform.

In the real world, the team were given a great ovation as they left the pitch and even on social media the vast majority of the comments I read were positive. That's as good as it's ever going to be on the back of a defeat.

The relationship between players and fans at City is as good as I can remeber it in my lifetime. We literally sing the praises of our manager every week, and have done so for several years. Rarely do I see fans of other clubs show that level of devotion to their manager. Celebrate this, an extended period of togetherness, stability and appreciation that managers and players at other clubs would love.

If you want to see some real twitter bile, check out the Derby timeline yesterday.
Yep twitter is a ghastly place and anyone who was there yesterday knows the cov fans were fully appreciative of our performance. I mean we should have won comfortably tbh and unless Barnsley show more, we'll finish we'll above them

cc84cov

Yep twitter is a ghastly place and anyone who was there yesterday knows the cov fans were fully appreciative of our performance. I mean we should have won comfortably tbh and unless Barnsley show more, we'll finish we'll above them
Getting end product from O’Hare will help us,lacks composure at times everything is done at a frantic pace

Users who are viewing this thread