Match Thread Barnsley Away Match Thread (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Weirdly gyo took the ball. Looked at waghorn, dropped the ball and then picked it up again. It was odd. Waggy was giving him a bit of a keep calm talk as well. And i don't think our fans helped everyone ran to the front and started pounding the advertising boards.

higgs

I blame the management it should have been made clear who was on penaltys before the game even started

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Greggs

Weirdly optimistic after that. Absolute gutter to lose 1-0 to a shite goal coming out of nowhere but with us hitting the bar, one-off the line and a penalty, we’d have 3 on another day and dominated Barnsley with 63% for most of the game.

We play that like we’ll be ok this season.
Just need to be more clinical in front of goal.
We'll be ok but we'll lose most matches that we should have won. Yes, very weird and optimistic

NortonSkyBlue

We played well but lost, it happens. We got a chance to get a draw and it was saved, it happens. We had chances, but didn’t test their keeper enough, they had one real chance and took it. It happens.
Just like the blame game on here where there are masters of hindsight, experts at every topic under the Sky Blue Sky and some worrying individuals who hope that their own players don’t score or play well.
There were some nasty characters amongst our support today, disappointing day.

cc84cov

Players tweeting stuff like Waghorn and Dabo did after the second game of the season isn’t particularly encouraging really
Not when the fans and players have always had such a good connection,I don’t think it was negative and he said the fans were great etc

Reactions: SBS

Greggs

We played well but lost, it happens. We got a chance to get a draw and it was saved, it happens. We had chances, but didn’t test their keeper enough, they had one real chance and took it. It happens.
Just like the blame game on here where there are masters of hindsight, experts at every topic under the Sky Blue Sky and some worrying individuals who hope that their own players don’t score or play well.
There were some nasty characters amongst our support today, disappointing day.
Basically you're crying and wanking at the same time?

Mucca Mad Boys

Players tweeting stuff like Waghorn and Dabo did after the second game of the season isn’t particularly encouraging really

Why? Shows the players have each other’s backs.

Too many of our fans have been talking absolute nonsense in relation to the penalty taker. Had Waghorn stepped and missed, people would be calling for Gyo to take the pen.

We missed a penalty, it is what it is. Overall, we played v well today and it’s a performance to build on.

Greggs

Lets all put up matching avatars for the poor blokes, it must be so difficult for them......

SeaSeeEffCee

Why? Shows the players have each other’s backs.

Too many of our fans have been talking absolute nonsense in relation to the penalty taker. Had Waghorn stepped and missed, people would be calling for Gyo to take the pen.

We missed a penalty, it is what it is. Overall, we played v well today and it’s a performance to build on.
I don’t think they should be reading it/reacting to it at all.

Great_Expectations

It’s pathetic. Always feels like we have a higher proportion of idiotic fans than other clubs.

Not a great endorsement or welcoming for Waghorn or Gyokeres if he was getting direct abuse from the stands after missing the pen.

mark82

It’s pathetic. Always feels like we have a higher proportion of idiotic fans than other clubs.

Not a great endorsement or welcoming for Waghorn or Gyokeres if he was getting direct abuse from the stands after missing the pen.

Didn't hear any direct abuse from the stands to be fair, although I was away from the main crowd a bit. Was certainly clapped as he went down the tunnel.

AFCCOVENTRY

I don’t think they should be reading it/reacting to it at all.

I don’t think Robins will be best pleased with this. Club has quite a strong social media policy. I get he wants to protect himself and teammates from the annoying stuff being posted but you shouldn’t react. Dabo should know better.

We’ve played 2 league games and for some reason so called fans are creating agro with our new signings and they’re reacting.

This isn’t great.

cc84cov

I don’t think Robins will be best pleased with this. Club has quite a strong social media policy. I get he wants to protect himself and teammates from the annoying stuff out being posted but you shouldn’t react. Dabo should know better.

We’ve played 2 league games and for some reason so called fans are creating agro with our new signings and they’re reacting.

This isn’t great.
People are asking why Waghorn didn’t take it he’s a set piece taker as we’ve seen and his record of 20 from 24 shows he is decent at pens as we seen against wolves,his posts are not negative or bad I don’t think and he’s said the fans were great.

AFCCOVENTRY

People are asking why Waghorn didn’t take it he’s a set piece taker as we’ve seen and his record of 20 from 24 shows I don’t think that’s unfair ?

No it’s not. Even I think he should have taken it. It’s some of the below the belt comments from so called fans. Seriously I don’t get the character assassinations of our new players by some. It’s as if some want them to fail.

larry_david

Thought us away lot were okay today. There's morons at every game from every team and a few that were too pissed up to realise there was a minute silence but that was it. Some northern oik in the Barnsley end managed to break up the silence abruptly. Second half cov lot didn't stop singing, it was quite inspiring really

Users who are viewing this thread