Match Thread Barnsley Away Match Thread (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Agree to disagree. I think its poor management, I'd say Robins probably thinks so too as he says Waghorn will take from now on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Serious question. Did we have a 'designated penalty taker' last season?

TomRad85

Serious question. Did we have a 'designated penalty taker' last season?
How many pens did we get? I'd say Godden was when he was on, maybe Walker when he was on. Only going from memory.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

larry_david

Just got back. First half bit meh but they took their chance. Think it was spawny too on first glance I'm not even sure that through ball was meant for him.
O hares shooting is shambolic.
O hares decision making is dreadful. I got shouted at here from the first goal against forest but we got lucky there and we didn't get lucky today. One of them he had about 25 seconds to get his head up and find a man and he still passed it straight to their first defender. Having said all that he came alive with 25 to go.
I'm afraid like everyone else, miffed waghorn (who I have to say did fuck all) didn't take the pen.
I like gyo and I'm confident he'll be our top scorer this season but he looked nervous taking it.
Ian looked good. Dajo is back. Fadz is a beast. Moore had nothing to do but pick the ball out the net and two crosses first half.

Barnsley were a fooking disgrace. 8 yellows and honestly could have been 11-12

JAM See

Just got back. First half bit meh but they took their chance. Think it was spawny too on first glance I'm not even sure that through ball was meant for him.
O hares shooting is shambolic.
O hares decision making is dreadful. I got shouted at here from the first goal against forest but we got lucky there and we didn't get lucky today. One of them he had about 25 seconds to get his head up and find a man and he still passed it straight to their first defender. Having said all that he came alive with 25 to go.
I'm afraid like everyone else, miffed waghorn (who I have to say did fuck all) didn't take the pen.
I like gyo and I'm confident he'll be our top scorer this season but he looked nervous taking it.
Ian looked good. Dajo is back. Fadz is a beast. Moore had nothing to do but pick the ball out the net and two crosses first half.

Barnsley were a fooking disgrace. 8 yellows and honestly could have been 11-12
Cheers. Welcome back. How did JCS do? CWR said he made one great tackle, didn't hear much else after that.

larry_david

Cheers. Welcome back. How did JCS do? CWR said he made one great tackle, didn't hear much else after that.
He won a few headers but didn't have have do much as it was all at the other end. He did win a superb tackle when they were in. I wanna see it again either he's lightening or their forward guy is Kevin Kyle in disguise but he had ko right to get there and not only did he take the ball and play it out, their striker went flying too

JAM See

He won a few headers but didn't have have do much as it was all at the other end. He did win a superb tackle when they were in. I wanna see it again either he's lightening or their forward guy is Kevin Kyle in disguise but he had ko right to get there and not only did he take the ball and play it out, their striker went flying too
Sounds like a decent debut (despite the result). I love a quality defender.

larry_david

I fear we still haven’t sold the striker situ
O hares missed two shockers. First half edge of area woefully wide. Second half he cut in, 10 yards out and nearly smashed my car window. It was awful. He may have been nudged but it was so bad for a split second i didn't know what had just happened

shmmeee

Not much to go on but I think Clarke-Salter will be class for us. Hope we’ve got a deal lined up to grab him at the end of the season.

cc84cov

O hares missed two shockers. First half edge of area woefully wide. Second half he cut in, 10 yards out and nearly smashed my car window. It was awful. He may have been nudged but it was so bad for a split second i didn't know what had just happened
Watched it mate poor on both his chances both just needed to open his body pass it into the corner,said it for a long time he’s poor infront of goal

larry_david

Both were so bad and he didn't even seem shocked. Like, when I play on a Monday and put it that far wide I'm in disbelief. He trotted back as if to say, actually that was closer than I thought it would be.

Make no mistake. He's the first name on the teamsheet but if he had an end product he'd be fucking lethal

cc84cov

Both were so bad and he didn't even seem shocked. Like, when I play on a Monday and put it that far wide I'm in disbelief. He trotted back as if to say, actually that was closer than I thought it would be.

Make no mistake. He's the first name on the teamsheet but if he had an end product he'd be fucking lethal
Fadz is the first name on the team sheet 😎

larry_david

They all were! Should’ve heard them outside the ground saying to each other how lucky they’d been!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not surprised. We've all been there when our teams spawned a jammy win but this takes the piss. The beautiful nature of footy I guess. There wasn't one single barnsley player who I thought, he's alright!

In fact their number 3 looked one of the worst players I've ever seen. Dabo skinned him 3 times and to top it off he was out muscled in the area and did a full on Klinsmann looking for a foul that never was. So funny.

PVA

The fault was robins not playing the new lad who’s left footed in that position

1. Hyam played RCB
2. JCS has only trained once, it was too early to throw him in
3. Being left footed doesn't mean you can't play people onside

Marty

After a long drive home and time to reflect.

Waghorn & Gyokeres can't play together, on 2 occasions in the 2nd half, both made the same run and gave the crosser little to aim at. We lack quality up front playing both together. If Walker stays on, we win that today. Really not sure what I'm missing with Gyokeres, works hard, but can barely control a ball, doesn't strike it well, not good in the air. The pass that he set up O'Hare with in the first half, he does well to get it then loses control of it trying to cut back but somehow manages to get a toe on it to prod it to O'Hare, same thing happened again when the ball actually ends up behind.

Moving on. will someone teach O'Hare how to shoot ffs. Only reason he's still here is because he has zero end product. Could have had a couple today quite easily. Sheaf & Hamer were ok, but set pieces were largely pritty poor from Hamer.

Dabo & Maasten were good, both look exactly what we need,

The back 3 were solid. not sure what went on with the goal but everyone was pointing fingers at Hyam.

Moore is excellent, knocks it about so well and is a massive upgrade over Marosi, couple of times he held on a fraction too long and nearly got closed down. Thought he was a tad slow coming out for the goal, but that's nitpicking. Was a good finish from their lad.

Allen did well when he came on. JCS looked useful and was willing to put it about a bit, did an excellent job covering at the back on one occasion.

So disappointed we didn't win that,

cc84cov

After a long drive home and time to reflect.

Waghorn & Gyokeres can't play together, on 2 occasions in the 2nd half, both made the same run and gave the crosser little to aim at. We lack quality up front playing both together. If Walker stays on, we win that today. Really not sure what I'm missing with Gyokeres, works hard, but can barely control a ball, doesn't strike it well, not good in the air. The pass that he set up O'Hare with in the first half, he does well to get it then loses control of it trying to cut back but somehow manages to get a toe on it to prod it to O'Hare, same thing happened again when the ball actually ends up behind.

Moving on. will someone teach O'Hare how to shoot ffs. Only reason he's still here is because he has zero end product. Could have had a couple today quite easily. Sheaf & Hamer were ok, but set pieces were largely pritty poor from Hamer.

Dabo & Maasten were good, both look exactly what we need,

The back 3 were solid. not sure what went on with the goal but everyone was pointing fingers at Hyam.

Moore is excellent, knocks it about so well and is a massive upgrade over Marosi, couple of times he held on a fraction too long and nearly got closed down. Thought he was a tad slow coming out for the goal, but that's nitpicking. Was a good finish from their lad.

Allen did well when he came on. JCS looked useful and was willing to put it about a bit, did an excellent job covering at the back on one occasion.

So disappointed we didn't win that,
Waghorn and Gyo were linking up well in pre season

stay_up_skyblues

Just got in…. Traffic there and back was a wanker.

We played well, second half anyway. Will win games playing worse this season, just one of those days.

Maatsen looks a player, Fadz solid again, really impressed with Moore.

Felt a bit for Gyo who actually worked his bollocks off today but never looked confident on the pen despite picking up the ball.

A bit amateurish not having a designated taker on the pitch but apparently more common these days (probably based on input from the psychologists). Presume the idea was whoever feels confident can take it?!?

Waghorn (who so far offers very little IMO) obviously would seem the prime candidate there. Want to see more from him next few games.

For me we have been too direct in the first half of both games. We look much better when we get it on the deck and use Sheaf, Gus and Callum as has been the case second halves.

Sod’s law that Walker and Godden have never had a proper run in a two where their only duty is to stick it in the net and now we’re finally going with two up as standard they’re both injured. Walker notches today if he plays the 90 I reckon.

Barnsley…. Well, shitehousery at its worst. But all teams do it, albeit not to that extent, and if we take the chances it’s irrelevant isn’t it.

Think we will be comfortable based on what I’ve seen so far and looking forward to Blackpool.

robbiekeane

It's the sort of thing you would hope Robins would have sorted.
once gyokeres in his youthful enthusiasm (which he cannot be knocked for) grabs the ball and says he wants it, it’s hard to change that…either robins or mcfadz pulling rank or whatever. If they do it puts a shit load more pressure on waghorn or whoever takes it and potentially knocks gyokeres confidence. Just have a fucking designated list of penalty takers it’s not rocket science, then there’s no discussion

Skybluefaz

once gyokeres in his youthful enthusiasm (which he cannot be knocked for) grabs the ball and says he wants it, it’s hard to change that…either robins or mcfadz pulling rank or whatever. If they do it puts a shit load more pressure on waghorn or whoever takes it and potentially knocks gyokeres confidence. Just have a fucking designated list of penalty takers it’s not rocket science, then there’s no discussion
Yeah that was the point. It should have been decided before we kicked a ball this season.

Users who are viewing this thread