Back your football club

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by Evo1883, May 16, 2019.

1. Evo1883

Evo1883 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    Don't turn your back on your football club if this deal falls through.

People at the club have worked tirelessly for 2 years to bring us, the supporters, 2 of the most enjoyable years in the last 20 years and in some people's lifetime especially the younger fans, to simply turn your back on them because idiots off the field want to drag our club and its fanbase through the mud to please their egos.

Show them we won't be beaten, we won't turn our back on our club and they won't use us the supporters as pawns in their bigger agenda.

Stick together now more than ever. back your players your club and the MANAGEMENT, and if that's at St Andrews.... So be it

PUSB

THEY WON'T WIN

3x season tickets inbound

2. Nick

Nick Administrator

Credit:
    £11,569.72
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

The amount of people falling for the PR game and giving it the "I'm done and won't ever go again" is shocking. What's the point?

3. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    The council and nick Eastwood love that

torchomatic likes this.
  4. SkyBlueCRJ

SkyBlueCRJ Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £712.93
    No chance am I not supporting the club next season. I'd rather chop my left bollock off than let a franchise and a hedge fund dictate who I should support. I went to Northampton and i'll go to wherever we’re playing next season. If the fans don’t go then we’ve let SISU, CCC, Wasps, win.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    ccfcrob, eastwoodsdustman and Evo1883 like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Administrator

Credit:
    £11,569.72
    That is the aim, every single time.

Bollocks to them, I wouldn't let any of them get in the way of me watching CCFC.

Evo1883 likes this.
  6. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    Let's see who knocks on whose door first if we get promoted back to the championship £££££££

ccfcrob likes this.
  7. chiefdave

chiefdave Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £5,040.20
    I'm in. Will be buying a season ticket no matter what. Even if the groundshare means I can't attend.

torchomatic, ccfcrob, TTG and 3 others like this.
  8. Liquid Gold

Liquid Gold Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £7,241.09
    City 'till I die.

That statement may turn out to be 'City 'till they die' but I'll be supporting the club to try and prevent that happening. No hedge fund or council c**t will get in the way of that.

torchomatic, TTG, Covstu and 2 others like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Administrator

Credit:
    £11,569.72
    Watch out to see who starts off giving it loads to people who say they would still go to watch too... Just need to look on social media to see the accounts that try to whip everybody up.

ccfcrob likes this.
  10. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    Nobody will tell me, they will get fucked right off

Different circumstances this time in my eyes

I travel 5000 plus miles a season following my club and I won't have no prick on Facebook or twitter who doesn't go tell me what I am

11. ccfc_ukr

ccfc_ukr Active Member

Credit:
    £159.42
    whilst i agree with the sentiment i don’t think its as straight forward as that. Whoever is to blame aside - there comes a point when some supporters just feel like enough is enough and are fed up with just blindly following the club and cant help feeling like they are being taken for granted.

At the moment I live within walking distance to the Ricoh and have had a season ticket for years. i go up with my dad and a few mates. However, I've recently had my first child - and whilst popping to the Ricoh on a Saturday for a few hours wouldn’t have been too much of a problem, having to travel to another city, the additional time and cost makes it a much less easy decision to make. If I don’t go, my dad and his mates wont, so there goes 5 tickets.

The one saving grace would be that we ground share and the season ticket price is drastically reduced, and some consideration is given in the additional cost of attending the game. This obviously wont happen - as much as i would like it to, which then combined with the fact that we have been allowed to slip into this mess in the first place and the fact that we will be expected to foot the bill so to speak can he enough to change peoples minds.

This doesn’t make them any less a Sky Blue supporter, and you won't find me and i guess the majority in my position changing teams or anything like that. It just throws in obstacles that makes physically attending and supporting too difficult.

12. Liquid Gold

Credit:
    £7,241.09
    Didn't go Northampton, will follow the club wherever this time. We're the ones there for negotiation, they are the ones kicking us out.

Even if I can't go I'll buy a ticket. If they're significantly reduced I'll buy several. I'll bring friends to games and buy tickets for them. I will buy merch, I will by ifollow.

I'm not a wealthy person, I'm always skint, but I do allow myself enough money to support the club. I will ensure that my financial contribution in no way reduces because of this.

13. Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,431.89
    Didn’t go to Northampton but this is different two season tickets for us but maybe a third, I have had a message from the people I sit with and they have said they are likely to travel as well.

Fuck the wasps

14. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    You've come up with a perfectly valid reason, you won't be turning your back on the club

Fair enough

15. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £596.75
    I didn't go to Sixfields but that was entirely due to the inconvenience of it than anything, it may be the same in this case depending on what happens.

Evo1883 likes this.
  16. Liquid Gold

Credit:
    £7,241.09
    Nobody is having a go at people that simply can't attend outside the city, if they are they're being completely unfair and I think there is understanding for people who will suffer from this. None of us want the club outside Cov.

Harry Machin and Evo1883 like this.
  17. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    Agreed

18. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    Make that 4 season tickets, my dad changed his tune too and will go, fuck them all PUSB

19. RoboCCFC90

RoboCCFC90 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £492.95
    I will not turn my back on OUR club.

x1 ST for me.

Evo1883 and Terry Gibson's perm like this.
  20. Terry Gibson's perm

Credit:
    £1,431.89
    If people are struggling to get Birmingham I am sure as a group of fans we can offer lifts if we have space in the car, saying that I may well use the train as that is a big adventure for my boys

vow and GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee like this.
  21. Nick

Nick Administrator

Credit:
    £11,569.72
    "My boys will find the train an adventure" ;)

[​IMG]

skybluejane likes this.
  22. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    We are better away anyway ;) 46 away games lol

23. Senior Vick from Alicante

Senior Vick from Alicante Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £84.00
    If its a ground share it will split the fan base again along the same lines as last time. Its Sisu's gift to stop the process the ball is in their court with that. Wasps have benefited from our Councils generosity which was wrong but has been proved legal in court. I wish Sisu would look to the surrounding councils to get a new ground built outside the area of influence of CCC. Wasps and CCC can then watch our success despite their obstructive approach. If The owners did break ground it would unite the fan base which would possibly let the majority suffer a temporary ground share. PUSB

24. chiefdave

chiefdave Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £5,040.20
    Hopefully the club will be a bit more pro-active this time in ensuring its as easy as possible for fans to attend. if not then the Trust should step in and fill that role.

25. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    IMO this is nothing like when we went to sixfields, fans need to if possible stick by their club

Terry Gibson's perm likes this.
  26. rob9872

rob9872 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,961.05
    The trust will help … hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

27. Nick

Nick Administrator

Credit:
    £11,569.72
    The fan base will be split because of PR companies trying to split it, much the same as before. People need to look past that bullshit.

vow and Fergusons_Beard like this.
  28. Terry Gibson's perm

Credit:
    £1,431.89

They will be to busy getting into their wasps clothing.

pastythegreat likes this.
  29. Terry Gibson's perm

Credit:
    £1,431.89
    If we move sisu should release the offering so the world can see what London wasps wanted in terms of rent etc

30. Evo1883

Credit:
    £2,271.03
    People like this would love us to turn our back on ccfc

Coventry

31. coop

coop Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £267.49
    Never went to Northampton after being a season ticket holder for years signed back up when we came back.Dont think I'll go if we ground share again but probably go to a few more away.My choice

32. Terry Gibson's perm

Credit:
    £1,431.89

The four year old might manage that but the seven year old is a bit soft for that I think

vow and Nick like this.
  33. Liquid Gold

Credit:
    £7,241.09
    Who told you that because it isn't true. A complaint cannot be withdrawn from the EU commission.

What can they do?

34. Liquid Gold

Credit:
    £7,241.09
    Get him a G&T

Terry Gibson's perm likes this.
  35. Terry Gibson's perm

Credit:
    £1,431.89

That site is hilarious is there anything our fans didn’t throw from the stands at their ground?