Awaiting a call from Mr Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Are we sure Fisher said just getting on a plane? Or was it just getting on a plan?

If they're our only choices it was definitely plane. Joy had some doors that needed a bit of the bottom.

lewys33

Which bit? I deal with Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood, Solihull, Gaydon and Shanghai. None of my contacts do

JLR uses @jaguarlandrover.com but it is a Gmail system. Has been for around 2 years now. Better than outlook IMO. Don't know if dealer network uses the same. I only ever speak to dealers through another team.

What concerns me is Grendel knows so much about it........

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

JLR uses @jaguarlandrover.com but it is a Gmail system. Has been for around 2 years now. Better than outlook IMO. Don't know if dealer network uses the same. I only ever speak to dealers through another team.

Some of their cars aren't so good. I can testify to this. As such, Grenduffy's hand at play isn't such a surprise

dongonzalos

Sat right beside you :)

lewys33

Some of their cars aren't so good. I can testify to this. As such, Grenduffy's hand at play isn't such a surprise

Obviously this isn't the place to discuss but don't see why u think the cars aren't so good?

Anyway back to topic. ML has his charm and puts across his (the clubs/sisu) side of things. It's up to you whether you take it with a pinch of salt or as gospel truth. IMO I can't work out if he telling the truth or if he has convinced himself it's the truth. He is very good at what he does though. He got me angry at times reverting back to the same blame game when all I was chasing was a return to the Ricoh.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Obviously this isn't the place to discuss but don't see why u think the cars aren't so good?

Anyway back to topic. ML has his charm and puts across his (the clubs/sisu) side of things. It's up to you whether you take it with a pinch of salt or as gospel truth. IMO I can't work out if he telling the truth or if he has convinced himself it's the truth. He is very good at what he does though. He got me angry at times reverting back to the same blame game when all I was chasing was a return to the Ricoh.

First hand experience. Mrs Mungo had one until very recently, and that was fine. Mine has been trouble since day one.

As for ML, yes, sometimes he comes across as quite polished. He has struggled sometimes when pressed hard though. Whether he is telling the truth as he sees it, or is being disingenuous; who knows. For the purposes if balance, I'd say the same about some of the councillors too

wingy

don't tell valliant ,by the way where Is he again.

My major Curiosity Is over the means ,timing and method of fan communication.

Circumvent the Trust as a body,,spread a bit of libelous stuff,Does It Indicate confidence In the JR process ,Is there any truth IN It.

Grendel

It's probably a 10 year old 2.0 litre petrol x-type. They weren't great to be fair.

Grendel

Just a Mondeo In a different skin.

Outrageous slur. By its 10th year they had got the drive dynamics about right. Problem was it was 10 years too late.
The products now are very competitive and most land rover products have order banks you'd never have thought possible a few years ago.

olderskyblue

Outrageous slur. By its 10th year they had got the drive dynamics about right. Problem was it was 10 years too late.
The products now are very competitive and most land rover products have order banks you'd never have thought possible a few years ago.

That's true enough. Although, recently took a sportbrake out, and surprised how rough the ride was on country roads. Motorway seemed fine though. Disappointed, and will probably mean I won't buy one.

Nick

Administrator
When I was a youngster I worked in the compound at Gaydon, I feel sorry for you Grendel if you have to sell them the way they get thraped around there!

This was about 10 years ago and those X types were awful to drive (granted it was 1-2 mile we drove them)

Was always a race to get to the XKR's first.

wingy

It's a Brilliant turn around story.

wingy

When I was a youngster I worked in the compound at Gaydon, I feel sorry for you Grendel if you have to sell them the way they get thraped around there!

This was about 10 years ago and those X types were awful to drive (granted it was 1-2 mile we drove them)

Was always a race to get to the XKR's first.

Nice little Job.

Knew a test driver who'd been there years ,what a great job he had and very decent living .

Back on topic where's Wal ,have they beamed him up.?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

careful boys I drive jags, have had 5 in my short life and 2 land Rovers so far...all exceptional :)

I had a Range Rover that nearly bankrupt me to keep going. Fell apart as soon as the warranty finished. My wife has just got rid of an XF (2011 year); and that was smashing. I have an XJ Portfolio (sorry Grendy) and it's been in five times, and it's not even a year old yet. That's poor, by any standards

Grendel

I had a Range Rover that nearly bankrupt me to keep going. Fell apart as soon as the warranty finished. My wife has just got rid of an XF (2011 year); and that was smashing. I have an XJ Portfolio (sorry Grendy) and it's been in five times, and it's not even a year old yet. That's poor, by any standards

It is. Its not acceptable. In all seriousness you can PM me your details and the issue if you wish as I would like to know details.

Nick

Administrator
Nice little Job.

Knew a test driver who'd been there years ,what a great job he had and very decent living .

Back on topic where's Wal ,have they beamed him up.?

Rubbish money, long days and a mission at 5am but good fun!

We used to watch the test drivers fly round the track, great job!

DazzleTommyDazzle

The wife had a Range Rover Sport that she loved, but spent more time in the dealers than on the road.

On the other hand, I have an XK60 that makes me smile every time I get into it.

lewys33

Rubbish money, long days and a mission at 5am but good fun!

We used to watch the test drivers fly round the track, great job!

Remember any guys names? Yh it's always nice to go warm the car up before some testing!

I have only been working for them for 7 years so since early XF days, and even when doing benchmarking stuff the mercs are decent but I cannot for the life of me see why people would pick a Bmw.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Remember any guys names? Yh it's always nice to go warm the car up before some testing!

I have only been working for them for 7 years so since early XF days, and even when doing benchmarking stuff the mercs are decent but I cannot for the life of me see why people would pick a Bmw.

Depends what floats your boat. If you like whistles and bells, a Beemer fares well. The multi-media interface currently used by JLR isn't industry competitive. The Sat-nav is so haphazard as to be akin to playing tombola, no album art for music, of way of quickly scrolling as you can on BMW/Audi/Mercedes, etc. In the XJ it's quite low resolution, compared to a 7 Series or S-Class (my previous vehicle) too. All that stated, they make you feel more special than any car I know. Bar going daft, if course.

I'm cheered that I can now attribute any subsequent failings to any involvement to Mr Grendel though. I guess music scrolling via repeated and manic pressing of the screen isn't so much of an issue when your collection only includes Marillion

Grendel

Depends what floats your boat. If you like whistles and bells, a Beemer fares well. The multi-media interface currently used by JLR isn't industry competitive. The Sat-nav is so haphazard as to be akin to playing tombola, no album art for music, of way of quickly scrolling as you can on BMW/Audi/Mercedes, etc. In the XJ it's quite low resolution, compared to a 7 Series or S-Class (my previous vehicle) too. All that stated, they make you feel more special than any car I know. Bar going daft, if course.

I'm cheered that I can now attribute any subsequent failings to any involvement to Mr Grendel though. I guess music scrolling via repeated and manic pressing of the screen isn't so much of an issue when your collection only includes Marillion

Sigh and there I was trying to be sensible.

Do they still do the I Drive on BMW? That things an abomination.

lewys33

There is a new interface coming out, however not sure if it will be rolled out in to current models as well.

I must admit the S class is one of the cars which makes you think wow.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Sigh and there I was trying to be sensible.

Do they still do the I Drive on BMW? That things an abomination.

I too was trying. But sometimes, it's hard to suppress my inner mongrel!

I don't know what its called now. I had a 7-series for the weekend last year; and that was impressive with regards MMI. Widescreen, high-definition affair. Even did contact pictures when the phone rang. On my XJ, when the phone rings, it just shows the number in the central screen. You have to look at the digital dash where the rev counter is to see the name. In small font. Having a great big picture pop up, as on the Beemer, is a help. Ditto the scroll wheel for quickly spinning through contacts, or music.

My Mercedes was brilliant in that regards too. So intuitive, you didn't need to take your hands off the road. Even read out incoming texts in a very authoritative Germanic tone.

Some of the other stuff the Jag does is bananas too. Select reverse, and once the reversing camera is operational, it over-rides all other functionality. You can't even turn the music down?!?

Frustrations aside; it is a glorious machine, and I love it. And I'm still appreciative of my good fortune every time I step into it. Even to take stuff to the tip, like this morning.

I will PM you later. Only posted from my phone in the last day, and can't figure out how its done. Doh!

Sick Boy

No one is perfect. I'll settle for having a poor understanding of the mechanics behind a company's email severs; but console myself I have the right view with regards the people who are ruining our club, thanks

Just like when we were defending your old mate Thorny eh?! ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Just like when we were defending your old mate Thorny eh?! ;)

If you recall I constantly stated I thought blame lay both between Thorn and the pantomime going on in the boardroom; and that I couldn't see how he could be held solely responsible. And anyone who still thinks the management that prevailed at the club at the time was blameless has the opportunity now to think back in light of subsequent events

TurkeyTrot

If you recall I constantly stated I thought blame lay both between Thorn and the pantomime going on in the boardroom; and that I couldn't see how he could be held solely responsible. And anyone who still thinks the management that prevailed at the club at the time was blameless has the opportunity now to think back in light of subsequent events

A few years ago now, the telegraph had a questionnaire in their paper, I think it was around the time we signed Robbie Keane, one of the questions were "how happy are you with Bryan Richardson"
The result was 98% (I think) of fans were happy with him.
I've looked for it on t'internet, as I did find it again a couple of years ago, but it seems to have gone forever.
Just saying...

Grendel

A few years ago now, the telegraph had a questionnaire in their paper, I think it was around the time we signed Robbie Keane, one of the questions were "how happy are you with Bryan Richardson"
The result was 98% (I think) of fans were happy with him.
I've looked for it on t'internet, as I did find it again a couple of years ago, but it seems to have gone forever.
Just saying...

Richardson I'm pretty sure one season got some player of the season votes. He was very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread