Awaiting a call from Mr Tim Fisher (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Then why are they not going through the European commission you mong? Fuck's sake, get a grip.

That's the $64M question isn't it mong. I don't pretend to know the actual answer to that one mong but the mechanism is in place should they have chosen to take it mong.

Perhaps it didn't deliver what they want mong but from this week's warm up game it's hard to see what more the JR will deliver now mong.

Maybe they should of done their due diligence mong.

Where have we heard that before mong.

skybluetony176

A quick question limoncello.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't limoncello a sweet liqueur. Yet you seem so bitter.

Anyway good night.

If you have any more bright ideas just jot them down and I'll get back to you in the morning.

L

limoncello

That's the $64M question isn't it mong. I don't pretend to know the actual answer to that one mong but the mechanism is in place should they have chosen to take it mong.

Perhaps it didn't deliver what they want mong but from this week's warm up game it's hard to see what more the JR will deliver now mong.

Maybe they should of done their due diligence mong.

Where have we heard that before mong.

Why would lawyers take it through the English judicial system, have a judge hear evidence and make decisions upon the evidence presented if it's actually a matter for the European commission? Don't you think at some point one of the legal advisors would have said something along the lines of 'actually, I think we may have taken the wrong course of action here, what we should actually be doing is taking this to the European commission. A bloke on the internet is very persistent in his belief that this is the correct course of action and I'm inclined to agree because he is obviously trained in legal matters because he speaks with such authority'?

mighty quinn

Ask them why didn't they just go to the European commission for England regarding the "state aid" as its there job to investigate complaints about the legality of state aid and therefore would have saved them a packet on the JR?

Can you also ask them what the ownership arrangements will be at any sisu owned stadium and what this means to the club.

Can you also ask that if Joy is a Christian why can't she forgive ACL and return on the temporary rent deal offered by ACL through the FL or at least show the fans (who were here before her and assuming she doesn't liquidate the club will be here long after she's gone) enough respect to at least counter that offer with the temporary deal that will bring the club home.

Tony's European Commission idea is total horseshit.
Please explain to me that response. You must be a sisu fan.god knows why?

skybluetony176

Why would lawyers take it through the English judicial system, have a judge hear evidence and make decisions upon the evidence presented if it's actually a matter for the European commission? Don't you think at some point one of the legal advisors would have said something along the lines of 'actually, I think we may have taken the wrong course of action here, what we should actually be doing is taking this to the European commission. A bloke on the internet is very persistent in his belief that this is the correct course of action and I'm inclined to agree because he is obviously trained in legal matters because he speaks with such authority'?

Like I said I don't pretend to know their reasons for not taking this cause of action but the mechanism is there.

That's a question only sisu can answer as it was their decision. Hence why I suggested it as a question in answer to the OP.

I really am going to bed now. If you don't believe me look it up for yourself, it's all available online.

Grendel

Please explain to me that response. You must be a sisu fan.god knows why?

I explained you idiot I assume Tony is the SISU fan anyway as he is trying to tell them the best solution for their needs is the European Comission.

I think Tony is just a bit exited at the moment, he has the European elections looming and his beloved Nigel Farage is giving him sleepless nights,

Grendel

Like I said I don't pretend to know their reasons for not taking this cause of action but the mechanism is there.

Tonyspeak for: I havent a fucking clue what I am talking about I am quiting while I am behind

skybluetony176

Tonyspeak for: I havent a fucking clue what I am talking about I am quiting while I am behind

I see you're back on form with personal insults again instead of counter arguments.

We all know what this means. I have a point you can't discount so belittle the person because that means you must be belittling their point. As your clearly not smart enough to work it out for yourself I'll help you out.

The only person that looks little from your actions is yourself.

LastGarrison

Could you please ask him whether it was a standard Carling glass that was launched at his bonce or something fancier like a Stella glass?

Thanks in advance.

skybluetony176

Sorry are you saying that the mechanism of the European commission isn't there? I'd be happy to hear your expert opinion on this. Just to give you a heads up. The European commission of Spain is also investigating 3clubs concerning state aid rules. If this ISN'T the right mechanism please show me the proof as I feel honour bound as a European citizen to report the commissions for acting outside of there jurisdiction and waisting tax payers money.

The only other reason I can think of for your reply is that you think I don't have a fucking clue as to why sisu didn't use this mechanism. Well I've already said that. I've also said that this is the reason why I posed the question in reply to the OP.

Sisu may well have a very genuine reason for not using the European commission route. As there's a good chance that the JR is saddling the club with yet more debt it can't afford as a CCFC fan I'd like to know why they chose to go straight for the JR route. Is this wrong as a CCFC fan or are you more concerned about how badly sisu can beat up CCC in court?

Last edited:

Grendel

Sorry are you saying that the mechanism of the European commission isn't there? I'd be happy to hear your expert opinion on this. Just to give you a heads up. The European commission of Spain is also investigating 3clubs concerning state aid rules. If this ISN'T the right mechanism please show me the proof as I feel honour bound as a European citizen to report the commissions for acting outside of there jurisdiction and waisting tax payers money.

The only other reason I can think of for your reply is that you think I don't have a fucking clue as to why sisu didn't use this mechanism. Well I've already said that. I've also said that this is the reason why I posed the question in reply to the OP.

Sisu may well have a very genuine reason for not using the European commission route. As there's a good chance that the JR is saddling the club with yet more debt it can't afford as a CCFC fan I'd like to know why they chose to go straight for the JR route. Is this wrong as a CCFC fan or are you more concerned about how badly sisu can beat up CCC in court?

How many more times?

The commission has not even released any documentation that it has even started formal investigations into Swansea. Its processes often take years to reach a conclusion - even if they ever reach a conclusion at all. If they ever do reach a conclusion its often not conclusive and can be challenged. So you'd face years of wrangling - is that what you want?

The JR process will allow access to certain documentation which will be there then for all the public to see and draw conclusions from. Its very i likely either side will be able to appeal the outcome.

Finally, how do you know they haven't advised the commission over irregularities regarding the loan anyway? They can persue two actions at the same time you know.

wal3590

"Hi Lee,

I've been asking for a full, open forum since February 2013. I think the council and ACL have been keeping a lot of very significant things covered up and they have been using an expensive London PR firm to spread misleading stories. We'll never get a solution until all the facts are out there and available to the fans.

This is why I signed the petition calling for a parliamentary inquiry, though I doubt this will ever happen. I'm not focused on the Judicial Review but at least the legal actions have forced the council/ACL to have over a lot of their internal e-mails and documents, which has brought a lot of the truth about what really happened to light. Sadly, most of it goes unreported in the Coventry Telegraph.

Over the past three weeks, I have been meeting groups of fans (between half a dozen and 20 at a time) and doing my best to answer all their questions. The feedback has in the main been very positive.

I'd now like to have a full, open forum. Ideally, I'd like everyone involved in the dispute to attend: the top council officers, ACL directors and Joe and Gary (both of whom have spent time with Joy/her lawyers recently btw). That way everyone can give their side of the story and answer questions.

With a multi-party forum like this, we need a robust, independent chairman. One of the CWR presenters would be perfect. The presenters I've approached asked me to speak with the senior producers at CWR. I've done so and they have told me that the forum should be after the local elections (I wanted it to be ASAP) as they have limited manpower during election coverage and also limits on the availability of their presenters if there's a chance that the forum might be seen as "political". They have promised to get back to me with a date and possible chairman by Monday. I already have a venue in mind which some fans in Coundon have shown me.

I'll keep you posted. You can e-mail or call me any time.

Best wishes.
Mark"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Sounds fair enough. So Hoff and Mr Cov have spent time with Joy and her lawyers. Wonder why?

Pretty true about the CT too. I keep meaning to look and see if Simon Gilbert is related to anyone in ACL. He's been doing some nice PR for them lately.

Astute

Sounds fair enough. So Hoff and Mr Cov have spent time with Joy and her lawyers. Wonder why?

Pretty true about the CT too. I keep meaning to look and see if Simon Gilbert is related to anyone in ACL. He's been doing some nice PR for them lately.

So which part of what SG has said isn't truthful?

Just because it isn't always good news for SISU?

skybluetony176

How many more times?

The commission has not even released any documentation that it has even started formal investigations into Swansea. Its processes often take years to reach a conclusion - even if they ever reach a conclusion at all. If they ever do reach a conclusion its often not conclusive and can be challenged. So you'd face years of wrangling - is that what you want?

The JR process will allow access to certain documentation which will be there then for all the public to see and draw conclusions from. Its very i likely either side will be able to appeal the outcome.

Finally, how do you know they haven't advised the commission over irregularities regarding the loan anyway? They can persue two actions at the same time you know.

You're basing your estimations on the time scales on what exactly? Or are they guestimations?

I think you're pinning your hopes on more coming out of the JR than we already know. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but who's to say that it will clear the muddy waters anymore than the European commission would. In fact I would suggest that a European commission would carry more weight than sisu's legal team so more would come out.

If a complaint has been made we would already know about it as has happened with the Welsh cases and the Spanish cases.

Grendel

I think you'll find Mr Gilbert is fulfilling the SBT version of a brilliant investigative journalist.

will am i

Come on. If the club have some information and documents that help inform the fans of the truth of the situation - they have their own website on which to post it. If the move to Northampton is genuinely not their fault then get it out there. If I believe it I'll go buy some season tickets and perhaps a few others will too. Right now I don't believe a word they say.

torchomatic

Ha! classic. Reid writes it = rubbish. Gilbert writes it = gospel truth. I'm surprised you're so easily taken in. Remember those emails that didn't show ACL/CCC in a particularly good light? I remember you saying you weren't going to believe them as you didn't know the "context". Seems you're not particularly bothered about context when it suits.

So which part of what SG has said isn't truthful?

Just because it isn't always good news for SISU?

martcov

"Hi Lee,

I've been asking for a full, open forum since February 2013. I think the council and ACL have been keeping a lot of very significant things covered up and they have been using an expensive London PR firm to spread misleading stories. We'll never get a solution until all the facts are out there and available to the fans.

This is why I signed the petition calling for a parliamentary inquiry, though I doubt this will ever happen. I'm not focused on the Judicial Review but at least the legal actions have forced the council/ACL to have over a lot of their internal e-mails and documents, which has brought a lot of the truth about what really happened to light. Sadly, most of it goes unreported in the Coventry Telegraph.

Over the past three weeks, I have been meeting groups of fans (between half a dozen and 20 at a time) and doing my best to answer all their questions. The feedback has in the main been very positive.

I'd now like to have a full, open forum. Ideally, I'd like everyone involved in the dispute to attend: the top council officers, ACL directors and Joe and Gary (both of whom have spent time with Joy/her lawyers recently btw). That way everyone can give their side of the story and answer questions.

With a multi-party forum like this, we need a robust, independent chairman. One of the CWR presenters would be perfect. The presenters I've approached asked me to speak with the senior producers at CWR. I've done so and they have told me that the forum should be after the local elections (I wanted it to be ASAP) as they have limited manpower during election coverage and also limits on the availability of their presenters if there's a chance that the forum might be seen as "political". They have promised to get back to me with a date and possible chairman by Monday. I already have a venue in mind which some fans in Coundon have shown me.

Best wishes.
Mark"

The inquiry will never happen.

SISU also cover things up and Spread misleading stories.

An open forum would be interesting, but would it solve any problems? Doubt it. It would bring badness from all parties to light, but what happens then? Probably they will end up in a slanging match.

The only way forward is secret talks between the parties with no preconditons and an affirmation that both sides are seeking a solution.

The rest is pure spin.

I am no longer interested in whose fault it is that we are where we are, but when is someone going to take initiative to get us out of here,

MLs forum won't acheive that.

J

Jack Griffin

Classic, SISU just lost a court hearing where the Judge told them they couldn't have the council documents they wanted, next thing you know there is an email claiming that "the legal actions have forced the council/ACL to have over a lot of their internal e-mails and documents" (I presume he meant hand over not have over).

torchomatic

I'm hoping that the JR will give us some clear indication of what happened and why we are where find ourselves. If SISU have done anything dodgy or underhand then I hope everyone can see and digest it. Similarly with ACL/CCC.

We already heard some interesting stuff last time.

Classic, SISU just lost a court hearing where the Judge told them they couldn't have the council documents they wanted, next thing you know there is an email claiming that "the legal actions have forced the council/ACL to have over a lot of their internal e-mails and documents" (I presume he meant hand over not have over).

Astute

Ha! classic. Reid writes it = rubbish. Gilbert writes it = gospel truth. I'm surprised you're so easily taken in. Remember those emails that didn't show ACL/CCC in a particularly good light? I remember you saying you weren't going to believe them as you didn't know the "context". Seems you're not particularly bothered about context when it suits.

Reid did well at first. But once he had a meeting with Joy he just came out with crap. So which part of SG's articles do you disagree with.......other than not being so one sided towards SISU like Les Reids were towards the end?

I remember them parts of emails you say about. Not full emails were they? As I said I await the rest of them so we can see the full context of them. I am still waiting to see them.

Astute

I'm hoping that the JR will give us some clear indication of what happened and why we are where find ourselves. If SISU have done anything dodgy or underhand then I hope everyone can see and digest it. Similarly with ACL/CCC.

We already heard some interesting stuff last time.

I hope this is the case. But the problem is that SISU brought the case for unlawful lending. They haven't been able to expand on it. So it might just be that they look into the rules of state funding, local lending to protect a local resource and securing a local authority freehold. Nothing to do about how or why our club don't own it or why our club doesn't play there after having it built for them.

Buster

So the crux of the matter is , SISU are trying to make out ,by taking over the mortgage ,ccc have tried to favour another cmmercial entity against them . They say the information is there but hasnt come out yet. They have repeated this many times The fishing trip in court revealed nothing . Very interesting that Joe and Gary were in talks with Joy and her LAWYERS
This can only be viewed as a good thing and in line with SISU's recent willingness to converse with all and sundry ,looks good for the future! IMHO

LastGarrison

I think a knife fight to the death is the only way to settle it.

A team from ACL and a team from SISU. Winner stays on.

dongonzalos

"Hi Lee,

Best wishes.
Mark"

Fairplay he is trying to arrange the forum.

I am guessing Joy probably wants to use them as witnesses that Mr Haskel was part of an orchestrated plot to kick SISU out.
(Not too sure that will interest the judge to greatly)

Looks from the outside like desperation is starting to kick in.

The suspicious side of me would suggest this was name dropped to try and frighten the council ( just a guess)

Buster

Fairplay he is trying to arrange the forum.

I am guessing Joy probably wants to use them as witnesses that Mr Haskel was part of an orchestrated plot to kick SISU out.
(Not too sure that will interest the judge to greatly)

Looks from the outside like desperation is starting to kick in.

The suspicious side of me would suggest this was name dropped to try and frighten the council ( just a guess)
Why would the want to collude with SISU ?
Thought they parted on bad terms

Ian1779

Reid did well at first. But once he had a meeting with Joy he just came out with crap. So which part of SG's articles do you disagree with.......other than not being so one sided towards SISU like Les Reids were towards the end?

No, you just decided he was a shit journalist because he wasn't writing what you want to hear. You guys love Simon because he feeds the popular anti-SISU ego.

RegTheDonk

No, you just decided he was a shit journalist because he wasn't writing what you want to hear. You guys love Simon because he feeds the popular anti-SISU ego.

Les blew it when he started offering his opinions rather than the facts.

Astute

Back to your anti CCC rubbish again I see. Nothing that SISU or anyone have said on the matter has been shown to have any proof. I want to see some sort of proof. I don't live anywhere near Coventry so have no affinity with them. I want what is best for my club, but waiting for Joys tactics to work doesn't seem to be working. And I don't agree with them either.

Users who are viewing this thread