Awaiting a call from Mr Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

lewys33

So they won't talk to ACL but will to CCC? Must be after the freehold again then.

Otherwise are they blaming Higgs again? Won't talk to ACL but will to CCC means they don't want to talk with Higgs?

apparently they were never that interested in freehold......

Anyway what I mean is they don't want to be part of a sub-let. Nothing really against higgs I think it is more at the contracts within Acl etc.

lewys33

strange one is it not .

Obviously money to ACL helps their survival,to deal with CCC the JR would need to be dropped ,If CCC are confident over that they'd want to clear their name properly and not have all that Mud ready for future application.

Yh basically nobody is talking because of the JR but ML can't see why when negotiations could be done separate to that. Can see both sides of that 1. Frustrating for us fans though.

wingy

Yh basically nobody is talking because of the JR but ML can't see why when negotiations could be done separate to that. Can see both sides of that 1. Frustrating for us fans though.

Yet they just tried to delay the JR?

Astute

apparently they were never that interested in freehold......

Anyway what I mean is they don't want to be part of a sub-let. Nothing really against higgs I think it is more at the contracts within Acl etc.

No chance. Why did they turn down the last offer then?

skybluepete1987

Not a criticism but shows have laughable the situation has got, the biggest fans forum is on tenterhooks because the Club's CEO has agreed to have a private phone call with a fan.

Last edited:

Samo

Has he called yet?

TurkeyTrot

Something to make you smile while you're waiting.
Many years ago, not long after the formation of the Trust. Mike McGinnity agreed to meet us, this was at Highfield road. We were all booted and suited for the meeting as we didn't know what to expect. About 5 or 6 of us turned up and were waiting in the reception area, bang on time Mr McGinnity comes and meets us and takes us to his office. He sits behind his desk, and looks us up and down with a stern look on his face and says "don't ever turn up wearing suits again, I thought you were the fucking bailiffs" :)

mighty quinn

Ask them why didn't they just go to the European commission for England regarding the "state aid" as its there job to investigate complaints about the legality of state aid and therefore would have saved them a packet on the JR?

Can you also ask them what the ownership arrangements will be at any sisu owned stadium and what this means to the club.

Can you also ask that if Joy is a Christian why can't she forgive ACL and return on the temporary rent deal offered by ACL through the FL or at least show the fans (who were here before her and assuming she doesn't liquidate the club will be here long after she's gone) enough respect to at least counter that offer with the temporary deal that will bring the club home.
It would hurt their pride too much .and they that is more important to them than the club and the fans .that to me makes them useless owners.

RegTheDonk

Nice one Wal.

I would simply ask this:

As fans, we've had to put up with a hell of a lot of agro these past few years (the battle between you and ACL/CCC; the move to Northampton; the relegation; the hope of survival with a limited squad and budget). But one thing that really frightens me is your previous threat of liquidation. Can you reassure us that, should the legal battles not go SISUs way, and there is no realistic way of you ever recuperating your losses - you will at least think of the fans and try and sell the club so someone else can have a go, rather than (in effect) being spiteful and finishing CCFC off totally.

Last edited:

shmmeee

It's GApps for business. To be fair gmail is just the backend, you shouldn't have to use the interface. Switch to Outlook or whatever floats your boat, I haven't used the GMail interface for ages.

What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, the ACL short term run off thing. I thought Sisu turned it down more recently because "I don't like those mean boys" (paraphrasing).

Edit: all that @ Torchy.

Grendel

It would hurt their pride too much .and they that is more important to them than the club and the fans .that to me makes them useless owners.

Tony's European Commission idea is total horseshit.

shmmeee

Not a criticism but shows have laughable the situation has got, the biggest fans forum is on tenterhooks because the Club's CEO has agreed to have a private phone call with a fan.

I'm not on tenterhooks, I expect no answers and lots of waffle, with a bit of blame others chucked in for good measure.

I think him and Labovtich should do a Reddit style Ask Me Anything. Sort it out Nick! :D

Astute

Why is that? As someone who hasn't the foggiest about this stuff, care to enlighten us?

Wouldn't you do best asking someone who does have a clue on what is going on?

Grendel

Why is that? As someone who hasn't the foggiest about this stuff, care to enlighten us?

Tony is referring to the fact that the European Commission were asked to look into Swansea city and believed sisu should persue this in place of the JR.

I would urge Tony to look at this and see when the commission were advised of the issue and what progress has been made. From what I can see nothing so it would actually prolong the agony.

Also they can do both and may be doing both.

Astute

Tony is referring to the fact that the European Commission were asked to look into Swansea city and believed sisu should persue this in place of the JR.

I would urge Tony to look at this and see when the commission were advised of the issue and what progress has been made. From what I can see nothing so it would actually prolong the agony.

Oh yes I forgot that SISU have got far with the constant litigation threats and court dates.

Grendel

Oh yes I forgot that SISU have got far with the constant litigation threats and court dates.

How long do you think a European Commission takes?

shmmeee

Cheers.

Steve.B50

This morning I watched the highlights from the 87 cup final. It made me so angry I can no longer watch my home team in my home City that I decided I would try and get hold of somebody at sisu by email. I managed to find an email Address for Joy Seppala. I winged off an email her just to try calm me down a little, I never in a million years expected a reply. I have just received the following email:
View attachment 3505

I wondered if anybody had any questions they would like me to ask? Very much looking forward to this! If he ever calls...

Good luck. .

Grendel

Why is it? Explain your reasoning, assuming you have some. The mechanism is there for that purpose so why skip it and go straight to JR?

I have on another thread. Even Schmee excepted my logic.

Actually its this thread. Can't you find it!

skybluetony176

Perhaps there is no case to argue, in which case good luck to Swansea.

Perhaps the investigation is ongoing. I've not seen that they have dropped it.

Grendel

Perhaps there is no case to argue, in which case good luck to Swansea.

Perhaps the investigation is ongoing. I've not seen that they have dropped it.

So when did the investigation start? Date please.

Steve.B50

We all want both parties to talk, but both make excuses and want the other to make the first move.
In this modern day, what would be so difficult picking up the phone and suggesting an off the record chat over a coffee?

skybluetony176

How long do you think a European Commission takes?

Tell us please oh wise one. Will it take as long as sisu wanted the JR to take as they tried to get it put back so they could present 1000's of pages of new "evidence".

Assuming it does take as long as you are intimating and sisu have moved the club away to distress ACL and it's partners perhaps they should have taken this option after all they failed to get the JR postponed meaning they failed to prolong the distressing.

L

limoncello

Tell us please oh wise one. Will it take as long as sisu wanted the JR to take as they tried to get it put back so they could present 1000's of pages of new "evidence".

Assuming it does take as long as you are intimating and sisu have moved the club away to distress ACL and it's partners perhaps they should have taken this option after all they failed to get the JR postponed meaning they failed to prolong the distressing.

I'd hazard a guess that if you engage an expensive legal team they would at least be aware of the appropriate area of jurisdiction. It would be a bit weird if they turned up at the JR and the judge says 'actually, you should have gone to the European courts, not here. Bye'.

Idiot.

chiefdave

I'd hazard a guess that if you engage an expensive legal team they would at least be aware of the appropriate area of jurisdiction. It would be a bit weird if they turned up at the JR and the judge says 'actually, you should have gone to the European courts, not here. Bye'.

I bloody hope that doesn't happen, after all this build up I just want a resolution. Imagine us all sat here ready to go and judge just goes 'you do realise you've come to the wrong place'.

skybluetony176

I'd hazard a guess that if you engage an expensive legal team they would at least be aware of the appropriate area of e a bit weird if they turned up at the JR and the judge says 'actually, you should have gone to the European courts, not here. Bye'.

Idiot.

Did you not here what happened in court this week. Idiot.

Your confusing the European Court with the European commission. Idiot.

It's the European commissions place to police things like state aid, only an idiot would spend thousands and thousands on a private prosecution when there's a body there to do it at no cost to yourself. Idiot.

L

limoncello

Did you not here what happened in court this week. Idiot.

Your confusing the European Court with the European commission. Idiot.

It's the European commissions place to police things like state aid, only an idiot would spend thousands and thousands on a private prosecution when there's a body there to do it at no cost to yourself. Idiot.

Then why are they not going through the European commission you mong? Fuck's sake, get a grip.

Users who are viewing this thread