Forest Derby both more than city

We will probably be just below blues too

Last edited:

COV

10k season tickets isn’t it?
Average of 2000 to 3000 away fans over the season so that’s 13k
Walk up of about 6000

About 18000 - 19000. 20k would be good.

But there will be a huge difference between smallest and biggest crowd as always with us

Don’t know how that stands us v Birmingham etc

Sky Blue Harry H

Forest Derby both more than city

We will probably be just below blues

Think that's about right Evo - if full away attendances are allowed (which I assume they will be) then I think we will average about 17k next season. The figure could rise if we have a decent season.

vow

15K average over the season.

Forest game will be carnage!

Sky Blue Harry H

10k season tickets isn’t it?
Average of 2000 to 3000 away fans over the season so that’s 13k
Walk up of about 6000

About 18000 - 19000. 20k would be good.

But there will be a huge difference between smallest and biggest crowd as always with us

Don’t know how that stands us v Birmingham etc

Walk up of 6,000 ? Perhaps for the odd big game, but that hasn't been the City way for a while. I think the away following average would normally be above that (but may be affected TV schedules and the effect of Cov-id on travelling support). I know I want to follow City away, but am reluctant to travel on coaches/pile into pubs at present (which is part of the 'experience')

COV

Walk up of 6,000 ? Perhaps for the odd big game, but that hasn't been the City way for a while. I think the away following average would normally be above that (but may be affected TV schedules and the effect of Cov-id on travelling support). I know I want to follow City away, but am reluctant to travel on coaches/pile into pubs at present (which is part of the 'experience')

Well move a few between categories if you like, I still say we’ll average somewhere between 18 and 19k 👍

TomRad85

We're historically poor for where we should be.
Agreed, especially when you consider the size of Coventry and Warwickshire and consider also we are the only professional club within Coventry and Warwickshire.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Well the season we got relegated from the championship was our lowest home average at that level at the ricoh .

We managed 21 , 20 , 19 , 17 at the ricoh with terrible managers and the club was on a downward spiral .

I'm confident of 20k

Yorkshire SB

Think this is being undershot slightly. When did we last sell this many season tickets?
Perfect storm with promotion, no footy with covid, and ricoh return - be surprised if we average less than 20k - think it’ll 21/22k average.

COV

Agreed, especially when you consider the size of Coventry and Warwickshire and consider also we are the only professional club within Coventry and Warwickshire.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Don’t think that’s the case- example, head towards Rugby and you’re in Leicester territory quite quickly nowadays with how they’re doing.

There’s one major factor and it’s much more important than location..

We’ve generally been shite for 50 years apart from the last 4, and in those four we ended up with the club being ripped apart by the owners so we had no chance to get up to the ground and enjoy without some kind of major disaster going on distracting everything.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think this is being undershot slightly. When did we last sell this many season tickets?
Perfect storm with promotion, no footy with covid, and ricoh return - be surprised if we average less than 20k - think it’ll 21/22k average.

I would agree if Cov-id had finished. Still a lot of vulnerable/anxious people out there who will swerve crowds.

Evo1883

Coventry had a higher historical average attendance than Leicester and forest until about 10/12 years ago .

True story

slowpoke

Tbf population of Nottingham is roughly twice that of Coventry and I imagine there are more Forest than County fans
No it isn’t it’s about the same 330k for Nottingham 325k for Cov. and they do have two football clubs.

COV

Historical attendances mean very little.

That's why when people QUOTE our premiership attendances at times they also fail to add that most other clubs were shite too compared to today

Norwich are a good example, our crowds were always a bit more than theirs, definitely we were ‘comparable’, now they have big waiting lists to get in and sell out every week

Evo1883

I maintain that 34 years of doing pretty much fuck all in the top flight did more damage to the fanbase than good .
Then along came almost 20 years of catastrophic failures to accompany that

Northants Sky Blue

Between 1967-2017 we prob lost more football matches than 90% of league teams & cant underestimate the effect that has on crowds.

In that period the teams we like to compare ourselves with were either winning the league (Derby twice, Forest, Leicester) or yo-yoing between divisions so had promotions that drew fans in.

The last time we could look down our nose at our rivals gates was prob under Milne with 30,000 City fans in the ground + away support

COV

Between 1967-2017 we prob lost more football matches than 90% of league teams & cant underestimate the effect that has on crowds.

In that period the teams we like to compare ourselves with were either winning the league (Derby twice, Forest, Leicester) or yo-yoing between divisions so had promotions that drew fans in.

The last time we could look down our nose at our rivals gates was prob under Milne with 30,000 City fans in the ground + away support

Well late 80s as well. We didn’t have 30k but we compared well to our rivals at that point. Most of them were below us, Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham, Leicester and so on

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Pretty sure there were plenty of people on Twitter claiming we’d be getting 25k a week if we returned to the Ricoh…. Thousands of people who said they’d not go to st Andrews but would definitely go to the Ricoh

Users who are viewing this thread