Atmosphere (3 Viewers)

David O'Day

attendance for the remaining home games is being inflated by people wanting points for wembley

if we had lost against wolves what woud it have been 24k? 25k

Alan Dugdales Moustache

attendance for the remaining home games is being inflated by people wanting points for wembley

if we had lost against wolves what woud it have been 24k? 25k
Not for Leeds. Never.

mmttww

Which blocks are going to be open and which aren't don't really drive the atmosphere.

If we want a consistently good atmosphere, we might have to organise ourselves a bit.

Doesn't need 'Ultra' vibes. Get a group together, talk to the club, agree a few things e.g.

- do we want the South Stand to be an extension of the corner?
- if Y, can we plan for safe standing to be in those blocks as well?
- if Y, we'll need comms. e.g. don't sit here if you want a quiet sit-down!
- do we want to move corner Season Tickets to to blocks 10-13?
- if Y, how can the club co-ordinate that to make it all work out.
- Either way, club needs to accept a lot more people wanting to stand.

The club's listening to what the fans want. If we want to capitalise, might have to work a bit.

Must be people that would be up for doing something like Pete does with the Fans Forum?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

In an interview he reiterated that he dislikes Brazil due to his personal situation and considers himself Dutch. We then persisted to sing ‘he’s Brazilian’ against his wish.

You can change your Nationality but you can't change your place of Birth.

hamertime

The atmosphere at our ground is one of the best in the championship, at times breathtaking. The bigger the crowds get the more people you have coming who are not as fanatical but still fans. The longer we are at the top of the chamionship the more it will grow. Singers corner next season will congregate to behind the goal im sure and it will be a whole new dynamic on the atmosphere. Fair play the the club for sorting it out.

David O'Day

The atmosphere at our ground is one of the best in the championship, at times breathtaking. The bigger the crowds get the more people you have coming who are not as fanatical but still fans. The longer we are at the top of the chamionship the more it will grow. Singers corner next season will congregate to behind the goal im sure and it will be a whole new dynamic on the atmosphere. Fair play the the club for sorting it out.
You are making your wums far too easy to spot

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Atmosphere has been shocking ever since the we’ll live and die nonsense started. Sack that off and create something real and not manufactured.

Our catalogue of songs has never been great but it just seems to get worse and that isn’t helping either.

I didn’t think we could get worse than calling a Dutch player Brazilian and singing about playing in sky blue and white but then I heard the Bidwell song. Sigh

Using the same song for both strikers is a new low.

theferret

Absolutely but we are not turning fans away.

Even Saturday, there's a few thousand left.

Besides Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday, the home areas have had spare seats available. Monday against Cardiff had availability and plenty on the gate.

When we are demanding 28/29,000 home fans, we can open up the South Stand every single game.

Also Swansea, general admission sold out for that game.

There actually isn't many left for saturday, pretty much what you see on the map now, about 800. Plus they may open up premium seats by dugout but that isn't many. Block 25-27 is all sold out, there have been no seats retained for potg and sales for this game have been high for months and those seats sold a while ago. This completely sells out by eob Friday.

theferret

People are overthinking this. Atmosphere has gone flat for some games simply because expectancy has been raised. We're waiting for something to happen because we're expecting it.

That won't be there on Saturday, so it will be bouncing.

I would prefer the away fans closer, but that only really happened earlier this season. Last season and season before a smallish following would be on the far side from sc in any case, so it's no different.

Also, pretty much all the people who were in the ground last season and before are in the ground now in the same seats. It's simply expectancy and familiarity, there will be flat games and games where it is rocking.

People agonising because there are 5 minute spells where it is quiet, yet some grounds it is like that for 90 minutes.

pusbccfc

Also Swansea, general admission sold out for that game.

There actually isn't many left for saturday, pretty much what you see on the map now, about 800. Plus they may open up premium seats by dugout but that isn't many. Block 25-27 is all sold out, there have been no seats retained for potg and sales for this game have been high for months and those seats sold a while ago. This completely sells out by eob Friday.

Ideally those seats by the dugout are open permanently but at a reasonable price. The moment they go to £45 it's a bit silly.

It seemes like they put the potg seats on sale for Monday but then left them for the day.

Either way, 30,000 at £37 is another good pay day for the club.

theferret

Ideally those seats by the dugout are open permanently but at a reasonable price. The moment they go to £45 it's a bit silly.

It seemes like they put the potg seats on sale for Monday but then left them for the day.

I guess it's more like 10K after ST holders at say £27 average allowing for concessions. I also imagine a lot of JSB vouchers will be used for this game so a lot of freebies, so average will be even less than that I'd imagine.

SBbucks

Well 19500 season tickets are going to work out at £12-£20 each (even that is way too high because of the junior season tickets). But yes, apart from that your 30,000 at £37 is fine..

messiahrobins

People are overthinking this. Atmosphere has gone flat for some games simply because expectancy has been raised. We're waiting for something to happen because we're expecting it.

That won't be there on Saturday, so it will be bouncing.

I would prefer the away fans closer, but that only really happened earlier this season. Last season and season before a smallish following would be on the far side from sc in any case, so it's no different.

Also, pretty much all the people who were in the ground last season and before are in the ground now in the same seats. It's simply expectancy and familiarity, there will be flat games and games where it is rocking.

People agonising because there are 5 minute spells where it is quiet, yet some grounds it is like that for 90 minutes.
Leeds will out sing us, they are a very vocal belligerent fanbase always have been.
The problem at the CBS is we dont have an 'end' that is intimidating like the Holte End or Kop (on european nights now) for example. Singers corner is great but it is so small in number, and in a corner. Also the stands are far too far away from the pitch. The CBS would have been epic had the stands been on top of the pitch so the linesmen could hear people politely correcting their erroneous decisions and the opposition players could really feel a good old jolly polite ticking off if they did something untoward.

SBbucks

Leeds will out sing us, they are a very vocal belligerent fanbase always have been.
The problem at the CBS is we dont have an 'end' that is intimidating like the Holte End or Kop (on european nights now) for example. Singers corner is great but it is so small in number, and in a corner. Also the stands are far too far away from the pitch. The CBS would have been epic had the stands been on top of the pitch so the linesmen could hear people politely correcting their erroneous decisions and the opposition players could really feel a good old jolly polite ticking off if they did something untoward.

“ChatGPT - please write me some bollocks about the CBS Arena”

theferret

Well lets see Saturday. Nothing would please me more if it is a hostile intimidating nasty atmosphere that helps us get three points. Sadly i fear it will be just like Cardiff.

It will be nothing like Cardiff, just as it wasn't for Leicester and Blues this season.

Has any club outsung us in the last 3 seasons, even when it has been flat? I guess Cardiff was about the first time you could argue, but couldn't really hear them.

SC extends to 17-18, so it's 4000-5000 people, bigger than most loud areas at grounds in this league. Even those with a big end behind the goal, Hillsborough, Bramall Lane when I've been in the championship, are dead.

CBS is ok, yes stands are too far from the pitch, but the difference between it and KP, St Mary's etc is the steepness of the stands and the slightly raised roof.

Whenever I see a big twitter account ask what is the loudest set of home fans in the championship I routinely see us mentioned the most, by far. People aren't saying that to blow smoke. Yes it has dupped, but it won't be like that Saturday.

SBbucks

It will be nothing like Cardiff, just as it wasn't for Leicester and Blues this season.

Has any club outsung us in the last 3 seasons, even when it has been flat? I guess Cardiff was about the first time you could argue, but couldn't really hear them.

SC extends to 17-18, so it's 4000-5000 people, bigger than most loud areas at grounds in this league. Even those with a big end behind the goal, Hillsborough, Bramall Lane when I've been in the championship, are dead.

CBS is ok, yes stands are too far from the pitch, but the difference between it and KP, St Mary's etc is the steepness of the stands and the slightly raised roof.

Whenever I see a big twitter account ask what is the loudest set of home fans in the championship I routinely see us mentioned the most, by far. People aren't saying that to blow smoke. Yes it has dupped, but it won't be like that Saturday.

You’ve got more patience than me, I couldn’t be arsed to waste time responding to his nonsense.

MalcSB

Absolutely but we are not turning fans away.

Even Saturday, there's a few thousand left.

Besides Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday, the home areas have had spare seats available. Monday against Cardiff had availability and plenty on the gate.

When we are demanding 28/29,000 home fans, we can open up the South Stand every single game.
The south stand will be open every game. The attendance was 28,500 on Monday - thats really not far off full.
But equally, an away fan is profitable especially at the CBS. Away fans have nowhere to drink and often spend their money in the concourse. We also charge away fans some of the highest prices in the league.
Profitable to whom. The arena probably, the football club marginally.

shmmeee

Is this the same fan base that demands kids for a quid because we need to grow lifelong fans, but would then tell those kids to fuck off if an away fan is going to pay £37?

This logic leads to charging home fans as much as possible because all that matters is todays gate receipts and not building loyal customers who are worth tens of thousands over their lifetime.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Singers corner won't exist for much longer because we'll outgrown it . It's the result of years of smaller gates in a big stadium . We're now at the stage of transition where our stadium is being rejigged to accommodate more home support and it's well overdue .

How many well supported clubs with over 25000 average have a " corner ". ?

If we ever get into the premier league we will fill the north and south ends as much as will be allowed .
At that point you have to ask which " end" will be our noisy end ? The one shared with the away fans or the one where we can have 6000 of our own fans.

pusbccfc

Is this the same fan base that demands kids for a quid because we need to grow lifelong fans, but would then tell those kids to fuck off if an away fan is going to pay £37?

This logic leads to charging home fans as much as possible because all that matters is todays gate receipts and not building loyal customers who are worth tens of thousands over their lifetime.

Nobody is demanding away fans get seats over home fans.

shmmeee

No, I said don't sell season tickets there unless needed.

Potato potahto, the home atmosphere and offering for the average game would be significantly improved by selling STs in that stand, otherwise you can’t move the noisy bunch and what’s on offer for the average ST holder isn’t as good as it could be.

I’m saying the calculus weighs heavily in favour of home fans to the point where one home fan is worth probably 50+ away fans.

MalcSB

No, I said don't sell season tickets there unless needed
How would that even work? You either sell season tickets there, starting during the early bird period, or you don‘t.
if you hold back to see how it pans out, people who would have liked to go there will have gone somewhere else.
Next thing you know, you and others will be complaining there’s a bunch of prawn sandwich eaters between Singers and away fans.

pusbccfc

How would that even work? You either sell season tickets there, starting during the early bird period, or you dont.
if you hold back to see how it pans out, people who would have liked to go there will have gone somewhere else.

Unfortunately yes. The moment you sell season tickets there, you limit the away allocation for the entire season to 2500.
Even on those night matches when we have been getting 22,000.

For what it's worth, I'd love to sit behind the goal but I'm still not sure it's the right time to open it permanently.

If we managed to get promoted, open it instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread