Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

I’ve seen someone lined up perfectly for the catch and have it knocked out their hands by someone without the t-shirt trying to catch it before. Was during the Big Bash a couple of years ago.

Camera found the guy 5 minutes later and he still had his head in his hands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good finish on the cards here, can see these 2 winning it for NZ or 1 going and the rest following quickly.

Playing it well seeing off the England spinners now.

Nothing in it for pace on the ball.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The set up of the side having Stokes balancing it is amazing, absolute game changer having 6 frontline bowlers to pick from.

I’d stick with Curran well certainly in and around the squads, young & good bottle. Wood I’m really not convinced by.
Woakes has turned into an absolute superstar up front and at the end of the innings!

Covstu

Proper screaming at the box today on this one. This is the joy of ODI cricket, one big smash and it was all over for us! Great win and 2-1 up!

Gazolba

Never was the phrase "we threw it away" more apt than in that game.

Gazolba

Really odd that he had only bowled 5 overs when others were on 8 or 10.
They were saving him for the 51st and 52nd overs.

Terry Gibson's perm

Smith doesn’t seem as happy in South Africa series as he did against England hopefully his run is over.

It’s good to see how warner is being treated by the fans there I would expect fun times at Edgbasten for him next time lots of masks

Gazolba

Interesting result in the Zimbabwe vs Scotland WC qualifier.
Both teams got 210 all out, so it was a tie!
I can't ever remember that happening before.

wingy

Interesting result in the Zimbabwe vs Scotland WC qualifier.
Both teams got 210 all out, so it was a tie!
I can't ever remember that happening before.
They were unlucky and haven't qualified.
Lost to WI by 5 runs on duckworth Lewis.

tisza

Going to keep saying it - this obsession with attacking one-day batsmen in the Test side is ridiculous. Hitting your way out of trouble etc.
Most of those wickets were given away.
Really what is wrong with a plodder who builds an innings? You've got 5 days.
This one will be over in 3 days.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Going to keep saying it - this obsession with attacking one-day batsmen in the Test side is ridiculous. Hitting your way out of trouble etc.
Most of those wickets were given away.
Really what is wrong with a plodder who builds an innings? You've got 5 days.
This one will be over in 3 days.

You’d almost say a ‘Jonathan Trott’ at 3 type........ he used to be slated for building an innings!

tisza

You’d almost say a ‘Jonathan Trott’ at 3 type........ he used to be slated for building an innings!
you've got to have someone to hold the innings together.
there's no doubting the ability of some of the batsmen to score runs when it's easier and a platform has been built.
Seems to almost be a thread running through top level English sporting sides that they still can't handle the mental side of things particularly when they are on the backfoot.

stupot07

He was great when we had KP and Freddie to get quick runs alongside him, I think the problem started when Bell was struggling and Cook wasn't scoring quickly the innings was too slow then we'd be under pressure. We're really missing that type of player now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Another issue is take Moeen Ali for instance horribly out of form needs to be taken out the firing line but will play both Tests (7 weeks then til Pakistan Test) then he’ll need a good break (as the county season starts) probably get a championship game before the Pakistan Test series then this is followed up by a load of white ball cricket v Aus & India before the test series!
So not much chance to regain red ball form out of the firing line of Test cricket.

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking forward to getting in the car at 2.30 am to hear them saying what a good ball to Anderson that was:emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread