Ashes 17/18 Thread (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it true lost his ipl contract

Terry Gibson's perm

Cricket Australia seem under real pressure to get rid of him, I can’t help but feeling this has Warner’s dirty little hands all over it.

Reactions: vow

Otis

How can downright clear cheating only be considered a lesser category of offence?

Sounds barmy to me.

SkyBlueSoul

It's definitely backfired for Warner if this is his doing, lots of shouts for his head to roll as well. Used to read The Roar when I was down under, very popular over there. This article is just one calling for everyone involved to go

"In addition to Smith, vice-captain David Warner, Cameron Bancroft and coach Darren Lehmann must also all be removed from the team immediately. If they feel hard done by, tough. We all feel hard done by today. Deal with it."

Australia left without a team to love after Smith cheats the game

ccfctommy

Aussies all out for 107. They were 53/0!

Also the Australian Commision of Sport (basically the government) has said that Smith should resign as captain. Its over for him.

tisza

gotta feel this review/investigation is going to reveal an unhealthy environment surrounding the team etc. Influential cadres & a "a win at any cost" culture.
Written press already confirming stories of the unpleasant nature of the Ashes sledging. Bairstow & his father's death, religion & race all being mentioned as examples of the sledging.
Smith's captaincy is done just a question of what happens to the coach & other players involved.
Have to wonder how Lehmann was considered for coach & what example he sets - bearing in mind his own unsavoury record as a player which included being discplined for an outburst against Sri Lanka which included "f*****g b***k c****s".

Gazolba

So Stokes misses an entire test series for something he was accused of but was never proven.
Meanwhile the Australian captain is found guilty of ball tampering and misses just one game.
That's justice for you!

Grendel

So Stokes misses an entire test series for something he was accused of but was never proven.
Meanwhile the Australian captain is found guilty of ball tampering and misses just one game.
That's justice for you!

Yeah because a criminal charge is the same as an offence in cricket that carries a mandatory one game ban

Terry Gibson's perm

The Aussies are turning on Warner this is the gift that just keeps giving, he has left the WhatsApp group serious move that

Terry Gibson's perm

The best thing smith can do is look into his history and see if he has an English relative but Warner can fuck off the game would be better without people like him

tisza

Another aussie whitewash.
Chances of no coaching staff being part of it - slim.
Chances of no bowlers being part of it - nil.
Trying to sweep it under the carpet and ignore other tampering and behavioural claims.

chiefdave

More than I thought they'd get. Of course there's no guarantee they'll get back in.

Smith is a special talent so you'd imagine him coming back unless this affects him mentally. Can easily see Warner losing the plot. Bancroft hasn't played many tests anyway, wouldn't be a surprise to not see him in the side again.

Are they bans from all cricket or just playing for Australia?

chiefdave

To answer my own question the ban is for all international cricket and domestic cricket in Australia. They aren't banned from the IPL as such but the IPL commissioner Rajiv Shukla has voided their contracts.

Interestingly Warner is banned from ever holding any leadership position in the future, due to “apparent lack of contrition”, Smith and Bancroft banned from any leadership position for 12 months after they return and any future leadership position will depend on "acceptance by fans and the public".

tisza

ridiculous Lehmann keeps his job. He's responsible for the team and its current culture, what was the walkie-talkie business about?
slightly cynical that with Aussie cricket renegotiating a huge TV deal their best batsman will be back for key money-makers - WC and Ashes.
Still believe it's a bit of a cover-up in that no bowlers were supposedly involved. Bowlers check the ball every delivery and they can't notice unusual changes to the ball.
Surely needed to be a much deeper investigation into tampering concerns in the earlier Tests & even Ashes just for the sake of clarity & openness.

Esoterica

Seems a bit weird for me - ask a player to bowl a no ball at a given time which loses the bookies some money: 10 year ban. Deliberately try and alter the course of a whole match: 1 year ban.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Seems a bit weird for me - ask a player to bowl a no ball at a given time which loses the bookies some money: 10 year ban. Deliberately try and alter the course of a whole match: 1 year ban.

Remember the bans today are by Cricket Australia.

The ICC only banned Smith for 1 game and no match bans for the other 2!

Terry Gibson's perm

Remember the bans today are by Cricket Australia.

The ICC only banned Smith for 1 game and no match bans for the other 2!

The icc were pathetic and I think ca havebgot it about right with the length of the bans, I just hope Surrey don’t see this as an opportunity to sign either of them and as said before Bancroft should have his contract torn up at Somerset

Users who are viewing this thread