Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Match Thread Arsenal v Coventry Friday 21st August 23 ko 8pm

Assuming EMC Rudi and Cherif aren’t fit to start:

Rushworth
MvE Thomas Amenda Dasilva
Yirenkyi Grimes Onyeka
Tchaouna Awoniyi BTA

S: Dovin, KKH, Kitching, Hamer, Torp, Sakamoto, Simms, Cherif, EMC

BTA and Onyeka on the left to try and help Dasilva vs Saka, give Rudi more time. Worry a little about not having Torp or Hamer for set piece delivery
 
More the fact that someone has to miss out. Can’t see the need for Awoniyi, Sakamoto and EMC on the bench. Assuming it’s the same 11 as Monaco.

You can name nine players on the bench!
 
Assuming EMC Rudi and Cherif aren’t fit to start:

Rushworth
MvE Thomas Amenda Dasilva
Yirenkyi Grimes Onyeka
Tchaouna Awoniyi BTA

S: Dovin, KKH, Kitching, Hamer, Torp, Sakamoto, Simms, Cherif, EMC

BTA and Onyeka on the left to try and help Dasilva vs Saka, give Rudi more time. Worry a little about not having Torp or Hamer for set piece delivery

Looks pretty spot on to me, wouldn't be surprised to see Hamer start on the left though. better defensively.
 
Looks pretty spot on to me, wouldn't be surprised to see Hamer start on the left though. better defensively.

Maybe. Thinking BTA for his energy but Hamer with his set piece delivery too I’d be happy.
 
Bet fair arsenal to win 5-0 is 18/1
City to win 14/1

There’s some value in there
 
I think it will be the same starting 11 as v Monaco
I'd like to see Awoniyi start up front, thats harsh on Simms who's had a good pre-season, but we need someone who can hold the ball up and give us an outlet, and thats not Simms.
 
I think Awoniyi will be on the bench, I think Hamer will start on the left as he’s more likely to get back.

Rushworth
MVE
Thomas
Amenda
DaSilva
Grimes
Onyeka
Yirenkiyi
Tchaouna
Hamer
Simms

Wilson, KKH, Kitching, BTA, Rudoni, EMC, Torp, Awoniyi, Cherif
 
Last edited:
Just thinking the bench is hard to name, I’ve left out Eccles, Sakamoto and Latibeudiere.

Is it possible Rudoni and EMC will be left back home and start at Plymouth?
 
To be honest the quicker we get this game out of the way the better. It’s going to tough but I want us to give a good account of ourselves.

I’m sick of Arsenal fans going on about how they’re going to spank us bad, flogging tickets for £500 a pop for the game and just a weirdly deluded fan base who think suffering is Vik not looking like prime Bergkamp.

Plus my father in law is a fucking Arsenal fan who’s never set foot in a football ground in his life and I can’t bare to listen to his gobshite on football matters!!




Feel better now offloading… 😂
 
To be honest the quicker we get this game out of the way the better. It’s going to tough but I want us to give a good account of ourselves.

I’m sick of Arsenal fans going on about how they’re going to spank us bad, flogging tickets for £500 a pop for the game and just a weirdly deluded fan base who think suffering is Vik not looking like prime Bergkamp.

Plus my father in law is a fucking Arsenal fan who’s never set foot in a football ground in his life and I can’t bare to listen to his gobshite on football matters!!




Feel better now offloading… 😂
Agreed
 
Saw us at 14/1 so thought ill have some of that..then I’ve just seen the reserve 11 arsenal could put out 😳hopefully we’re bang on it and arsenal have on off day
 
Last edited:
We’re going to get spanked but whatever it’s our first PL game in 25 years and we’re away to one of the best teams on the planet FFS
 
There’s a comment on there saying he’s only played 30 minutes of pre season so they think Madueke will start.
Yeah I doubt they'd risk starting him in a game like this.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom