Are CWR and CET just SISU puppets? (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Cwr Currently saying that the site at Hawkesbury looks like the new CCFC site and all but saying it has been confirmed by Nuneaton Council. Talk about getting some scratchings and turning it into a story. Follows on from the CET front page this morning.

Surely they should be doing some investigative journalism instead of feeding themselves off the carcass of CCFC fans feelings where we are scratting for information. Get into SISU ACL and CCC to find out what's going on you vultures.

RoboCCFC90

You'd think that CT could thought of the FOI back when they started their huge escapade in August, but fair play to the Trust.

wince

Cwr Currently saying that the site at Hawkesbury looks like the new CCFC site and all but saying it has been confirmed by Nuneaton Council. Talk about getting some scratchings and turning it into a story. Follows on from the CET front page this morning.

Surely they should be doing some investigative journalism instead of feeding themselves off the carcass of CCFC fans feelings where we are scratting for information. Get into SISU ACL and CCC to find out what's going on you vultures.
Was going to post this myself

Moff

Sorry Italia but you seem to have joined in with the mass hysteria.

No they are not puppets, they can only report and speculate on what they know. If you arent happy with that try it yourself and see how you do against PR machines, slick lawyers and Sisu's constant smokescreens and see how far you get.

The fact is they are local journalists and want to report on the local club, for us the public, and have to do so with one arm tied behind their back in the fact that they cant sometimes go as far as they may, for fear of being barred any contact with the club to report to us the fans.....and lets face it if they reported nothing there would be even more hysteria, so perhaps just give them a bit of a break.

(Just my humble opinion)

Last edited:

wince

Sorry Italia but you seem to have joined in with the mass hysteria.

No they are not puppets, they can only report and speculate on what they know. If you arent happy with that try it yourself and see how you do against PR machines, slick lawyers and Sisu's constant smokescreens and see how far you get.

The fact is they are local journalists and want to report on the local club, for us the public, and have to do so with one arm tied behind their back in the fact that they cant sometimes go as far as they may, for fear of being barred any contact with the club to report to us the fans.....and lets face it if they reported nothing there would be even more hysteria, so perhaps just give them a bit of a break.
ITs the slant of the reporting that's the problem for me

skybluetony176

At best its lazy journalism. It took someone 5 minutes to post the links to how the site has been refused planning twice for housing directly from a government that is under pressure to deliver new homes. Yet no mention, that I have seen, in the CET.

Must be a slow news day.

wingy

Mr Uptons response to a critical text around the stations Investigative Journalism," Would you Rather stay at Sixfields ",deliberately obtuse.

skybluetom

No they're not Sisu puppets to answer the question. They just refuse to join in the populist constant Sisu bashing which at times verges on the insane from certain fans and I for one am glad they do. Some of things I've read in the past about Les Reid and Linnel are ridiculous when all they're trying to do is offer a balanced perspective and create debate. 'THEY'RE ON THE SISU PAYROLL!!!!' I've head so many times, yes, yes of course they are.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No they're not Sisu puppets to answer the question. They just refuse to join in the populist constant Sisu bashing which at times verges on the insane from certain fans and I for one am glad they do. Some of things I've read in the past about Les Reid and Linnel are ridiculous when all they're trying to do is offer a balanced perspective and create debate. 'THEY'RE ON THE SISU PAYROLL!!!!' I've head so many times, yes, yes of course they are.
I bet there are a lot of people out there that are glad you agree with them.

Hobo

Modern journalism....let's stir it up like Jeremy Kyle. They prefer speculation to facts, easier for them to sit on the fence and stir it up.

bigfatronssba

Are you saying that neither of them have an opinion on the subject?

Grendel

Are you saying that neither of them have an opinion on the subject?

In terms of the BBC they must show impartiality at all times and impartiality on here puts you in sisu rent boy category.

bigfatronssba

In terms of the BBC they must show impartiality at all times and impartiality on here puts you in sisu rent boy category.

Are you seriously saying that Linnell never expresses an opinion on air?

Grendel

bigfatronssba

He presents alternative scenarios to create debate.

That's not being impartial then is it?

Nothing at all wrong with him doing that, but you can't express an opinion and claim to be impartial at the same time.

italiahorse

It's not impartiality if they say that a site at Hawkesbury is in discussion with Nuneaton Council.
That is putting 2 pieces of information together and saying "is this the new site for the new stadium"

Particularly as all the information is already available on this site but they have chose to ignore it.

Grendel

That's not being impartial then is it?

Nothing at all wrong with him doing that, but you can't express an opinion and claim to be impartial at the same time.

You can because the scenario may not be your actual opinion.

martcov

What do you call populist and SISU bashing? To a point you are right in as far as some people blame SISU for everything, but SISU do deserve criticism for the situation CCFC are in. They are the owners and their decisions from the day they made the mistake of buying CCFC, are the main reason we are where we are. I think SISU have handled their ownership badly and would gladly bash them on that point, but do not consider myself extreme, insane or populist. Indeed I would even give them credit for their last two management appointments which seem to have been well thought out. I don't see the CET or CWR as SISU puppets either. They should be reporting all facts, whether beneficial to SISU or not and I think that is what they are trying to do. Sometimes they get it wrong, but I don't think that is planned.

italiahorse

All I am saying is that they should be delving into the facts.
Not picking up snippets of information and then making a show of it or in the case of the CET a front page story.

CWR tonight were vague with the information and constructed headlines of "is this the new stadium" and threw in a quote from the council about discussions as if the 2 were related.

I would be asking the question, which councils are you talking too, because no 2 councils are saying they are excited about the interest.
Use the facts available not the rumours.

Then again pushing for facts don't sell papers.

Push the ba$tards to bring this to a conclusion.

Astute

So showing impartiality means missing out information that is out in the open that seems to disprove the article that has been written?

blend

Good point, I just think they are restricted on how far they can go as not to lose all contact.

So you make concessions to keep contact? They ought to rise above this, at the end of the day they're both large organisations, BBC and Trinity Mirror Group they should be able to look after themselves. I agree with the OP they appear unable to delve to the heart of the matter.

blend

He presents alternative scenarios to create debate.

He certainly does not, he keeps presenting the same scenario over and over again, that is something completely different and in my opinion unprofessional. Even talksport make sure they cover all angles of an argument to create debate, he juste covers 1 side. If you like it you can claim he is impartial.

italiahorse

He certainly does not, he keeps presenting the same scenario over and over again, that is something completely different and in my opinion unprofessional. Even talksport make sure they cover all angles of an argument to create debate, he juste covers 1 side. If you like it you can claim he is impartial.

They seem to be nice to everybody even though Sisu are being shown for what lying manipulative ba4tards they are.

Get them on a hook and real them in if you dare.

bigfatronssba

I don't think either organisation is biased either way.

I do however think that certain individuals within those organisations are more sympathetic to sisu's cause than the ACL/CCC cause.

Perfect example is Linnell, not biased as such, but always seems to defend Fisher, and quick to get little digs in at the council. Compare this to Eakin, (who I never used to particularly like) who has realised that this is a highly emotional situation and therefore keeps his nose out. When someone rings in talking about the council or sisu he just lets them talk. Linnell always has to put his spin on it.

If Eakin can just report the story, why cant Linnell?

Rusty Trombone

You can because the scenario may not be your actual opinion.

Although Linnell can be frustrating to listen to (he plays devils advocate a bit too well at times), I like the fact he is happy to state that he wouldn't attend Sixfields as a supporter. I also respect the fact he came on here to answer questions until one idiot spoilt it for the rest of us.

Rusty Trombone

I don't think either organisation is biased either way.

I do however think that certain individuals within those organisations are more sympathetic to sisu's cause than the ACL/CCC cause.

Perfect example is Linnell, not biased as such, but always seems to defend Fisher, and quick to get little digs in at the council. Compare this to Eakin, (who I never used to particularly like) who has realised that this is a highly emotional situation and therefore keeps his nose out. When someone rings in talking about the council or sisu he just lets them talk. Linnell always has to put his spin on it.

If Eakin can just report the story, why cant Linnell?

I wish Eakin would argue back more, I find that he is too willing to back down from putting a different view to Linnell.

Sterling Archer

All I am saying is that they should be delving into the facts.
Not picking up snippets of information and then making a show of it or in the case of the CET a front page story.

On behalf of Great Britain, I'd like to congratulate you on working out how the whole of our media and journalism works.

Get used to it buddy.

italiahorse

On behalf of Great Britain, I'd like to congratulate you on working out how the whole of our media and journalism works.

Get used to it buddy.

You can blindly accept it but not me. Local radio and papers should not be the puppets of a hedge fund from London, particularly not going along with their propaganda.
They should get the facts for their customers.

italiahorse

14:00 Friday. Yet again a CWR story matching together 2 separate pieces of information.

"Nuneaton Council confirm they have had an enquiry about a plot of land in Hawkesbury" .......... or there abouts.

Do your job and investigate it properly instead of giving out misinformation. :facepalm:

Moff

So you make concessions to keep contact? They ought to rise above this, at the end of the day they're both large organisations, BBC and Trinity Mirror Group they should be able to look after themselves. I agree with the OP they appear unable to delve to the heart of the matter.

That's not what I said. Are you a journalist with the way you spin things to suit your view?

You know so much why dont you go and report. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread