Appeal Dismissed (3 Viewers)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would like to see a strong active campaign to detail the worth of CCFC to Coventry and the local community. Starting now. We all know it but sometimes you have to state the b******* obvious to make the point. Make it detailed and talk it up in the press, to the council, businesses, decision makers and fans. Get a solid basis out there to challenge what is going on. I think it needs to be led by the Boddy part of the Club/Otium (for want of a better expression & it needs a definite leader) but it also has to be supported by the fans and fans groups. We all sit and accept the good work done by Boddy & the other operational staff but push it in peoples faces. It is saying this is what you will lose if CCFC goes - Academy, SBITC, JSB's, history, great moments for club & city, identity etc - then challenge them "what are you going to do about it"

In addition detail the finances of being at the Ricoh. Make it clear why CCFC being there benefits Wasps financially. This is information Boddy must have or could get. If there is benefit financially to Wasps emphasise it and it puts pressure on Wasps to explain why they are willing to pass it up.

take it away from SISU Vs Wasps in fact do not mention court cases and our owners at all

Instead of saying "its not us we are not involved its because of the owner" get CCFC involved more publically in the new lease/tenancy issue by stating the economic and community case clearly, explain it, prove it. Yes I know we should all back the club but the case for CCFC and talks needs to be put strongly, clearly, to be backed up and supported. It has to be sustained too

just my take on it

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I would like to see a strong active campaign to detail the worth of CCFC to Coventry and the local community. Starting now. We all know it but sometimes you have to state the b******* obvious to make the point. Make it detailed and talk it up in the press, to the council, businesses, decision makers and fans. Get a solid basis out there to challenge what is going on. I think it needs to be led by the Boddy part of the Club/Otium (for want of a better expression & it needs a definite leader) but it also has to be supported by the fans and fans groups. We all sit and accept the good work done by Boddy & the other operational staff but push it in peoples faces. It is saying this is what you will lose if CCFC goes - Academy, SBITC, JSB's, history, great moments for club & city, identity etc - then challenge them "what are you going to do about it"

In addition detail the finances of being at the Ricoh. Make it clear why CCFC being there benefits Wasps financially. This is information Boddy must have or could get. If there is benefit financially to Wasps emphasise it and it puts pressure on Wasps to explain why they are willing to pass it up.

take it away from SISU Vs Wasps in fact do not mention court cases and our owners at all

Instead of saying "its not us we are not involved its because of the owner" get CCFC involved more publically in the new lease/tenancy issue by stating the economic and community case clearly, explain it, prove it. Yes I know we should all back the club but the case for CCFC and talks needs to be put strongly, clearly, to be backed up and supported. It has to be sustained too

just my take on it
Can you not lead it?

covcity4life

so is this a point to be really worried? what do people think chances re of extending ricoh deal?

and do we have any sort of plan b?

skybluetony176

so is this a point to be really worried? what do people think chances re of extending ricoh deal?

I think it’s a point to not risk being not being worried. Even if you’re not worried you should start acting worried. We need to take action from the off before it escalates and all of a sudden we’re at a point where it’s too late to be worried as the worst has already happened.

letsallsingtogether

Yes it has, please explain your comment.
My point was that the SISU out campaign was a distraction for the on-field action. As in the team wants to hear us roaring them on, not chanting about SISU. That a similar Wasps campaign will go the same way and will just rekindle the SISU out campaign.
In reply you said I seem to be easily distracted. I then pointed out that, that isnt really relevant as it the effect on the players who I was referring to and I am not a player.
So yes your point has flown way over my head, as it doesnt really make any sense to me.

Funny how Nick, Grendel Torch and a few others said that the whistles and pigs and other protests put the players off and even cost us points so he really they should be agreeing with you.

lifeskyblue

just my take on it

Agree with all this and would add City of Culture as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

For what it’s worth I’ve emailed Andy Turner from the Telegraph asking that the telegraph do another petition similar to the one I remember Simon Gilbert did when there asking all parties to come together to find a solution. My suggestion is that this time it’s directed at Wasps as they are the ones on this occasion refusing to talk. Can I suggest that everyone else does the same. I have Andy Turners email as [email protected]

Had a reply from Andy Turner. He’s forwarded my email onto Keith Perry for consideration. I’ll be emailing Keith Perry Friday evening if I’ve not heard anything. If you haven’t already emailed Andy Turner please do or email Keith Perry directly. The more the merrier.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Not sure how this can be resolved.
Totally understand why Wasps will not join in any negotiations.
SIsu have their own unknown agenda for continuing to challenge legal systems judgements.

Only hope is the legal system moves quickly and decision made well before end of season.

Just scanning back on this thread.
I say it agin, if anyone thinks
Funny how Nick, Grendel Torch and a few others said that the whistles and pigs and other protests put the players off and even cost us points so he really they should be agreeing with you.

Fuck me, so you are now saying I have the same opinions as Mr argumentative and Mr slightly nuts. Haven't had the pleasure of a chat with Torch yet so cant comment there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Agree with all this and would add City of Culture as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure how this can be resolved.
Totally understand why Wasps will not join in any negotiations.
SIsu have their own unknown agenda for continuing to challenge legal systems judgements.

Only hope is the legal system moves quickly and decision made well before end of season.
That's the problem, the legal system doesn't move quickly ,so good luck with "decision made well before end of season "

I read somewhere that the EFL will need to know by February where the football club is playing next season.

So the EFL will have a decision to make, do they stick by what they said, that they won't allow the football club to move at of the City again or do they go back on their word.

The sad thing is by the year 2021 the year of the City of Culture , this City may not have a football team playing in the EFL.

Adge

Not sure I get all this drivel about going to Wasps matches/protests etc. My take on the whole situation is this-Should Wasps be here? The answer is no. Did the council sell us down the river by selling the Ricoh to them? The answer is yes.
There is only one party that can now stop this process but have chosen to carry on despite all the warnings and that is the Cockroaches that own our football club.
Can’t see how or why the blame is being pointed elsewhere on this one I’m afraid.:emoji_thinking:

Magwitch

Of course it’s sisu, they even kept worrying fans dangling on a string for a few weeks before announcing at the last minute they were to lodge an appeal. You can almost taste their delight in doing so.

Last edited:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Adge you are not the only person to say they should not have sold the Ricoh to Wasps but put yourself in council position you want to relieve yourself of it. The club had already moved to Northampton liquidation the club to make sure they(the council ,the ratepayers) did not get what was legally owed to them . They had said they would not pay anywhere near the price Wasps paid thinking they were the only show in town . Should the council have hung on waiting for a change of heart? I think not and I am not a Coventry ratepayer . Their(Sisu) previous and latter actions prove their move was right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Adge you are not the only person to say they should not have sold the Ricoh to Wasps but put yourself in council position you want to relieve yourself of it. The club had already moved to Northampton liquidation the club to make sure they(the council ,the ratepayers) did not get what was legally owed to them . They had said they would not pay anywhere near the price Wasps paid thinking they were the only show in town . Should the council have hung on waiting for a change of heart? I think not and I am not a Coventry ratepayer . Their(Sisu) previous and latter actions prove their move was right.

They sold it to a club with no connections to the city and which is owned by a shady businessman who has his money stashed away in Malta. For all the millions the club paid in rent and revenues over the years it is not as though the club had been freeloading the council since it moved in. More baffling is why we declined the 50% share when the Higgs were offering it on a silver plate and when SISU were relatively loose with their cash.

Paxman II

Just get them in a room explain we (CCFC 'the club') are coming at this in direct conflict with the ultimate owners and sort out a compromise that weighs in WASP favour for now, with an understanding when SISU are gone - and they will, we can start afresh as a football club with new owners and help support each other. There are big maintenece issues coming up at the Ricoh and other ancilarly cost and WASP will want all the backing they can muster. They will need public backing in this City and CCFC is a far bigger entity than them, both publicly and in the media.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just get them in a room explain we (CCFC 'the club') are coming at this in direct conflict with the ultimate owners and sort out a compromise that weighs in WASP favour for now, with an understanding when SISU are gone - and they will, we can start afresh as a football club with new owners and help support each other. There are big maintenece issues coming up at the Ricoh and other ancilarly cost and WASP will want all the backing they can muster. They will need public backing in this City and CCFC is a far bigger entity than them, both publicly and in the media.

No they need to fuck off

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The answer to your first question is yes. Even if Wasps did relent and talk Sisu would set conditions before talks began even though they are in a weak position it would soon bring and end to talks. As for plan b they would try and Sue them what grounds I don't know but there again I cannot see the grounds the present legals are on they played a game of poker and lost move on.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

They sold it to a club with no connections to the city and which is owned by a shady businessman who has his money stashed away in Malta. For all the millions the club paid in rent and revenues over the years it is not as though the club had been freeloading the council since it moved in. More baffling is why we declined the 50% share when the Higgs were offering it on a silver plate and when SISU were relatively loose with their cash.
They sold the club because it would have been a drain on finances had they not done so. "The millions they paid in rent and revenues over the years " when Sisu came they had chance to renegotiate the terms they didn't do it their fault the contract was agreed and the way they ended the deal was shameful they "freeloaded" at the end. As for the Higgs share I am as baffled as yourself.

Grendel

They sold the club because it would have been a drain on finances had they not done so. "The millions they paid in rent and revenues over the years " when Sisu came they had chance to renegotiate the terms they didn't do it their fault the contract was agreed and the way they ended the deal was shameful they "freeloaded" at the end. As for the Higgs share I am as baffled as yourself.

The original owners tried to negotiate and the council told them to do one

Ken Taylor decided after the club was on the brink he’d decide who could buy the club and announced sisu as the bidder of choice

The reason? They wouldn’t exercise the right to purchase

Daniel Gidney thought the club a nuisance and wanted it out so he could go in his nonsense project of rivalling the NEC as the premier venue. The dumbass council swallowed it hook line and sinker

Sisu are only here because of the council

Brighton Sky Blue

And look at the profit Wasps are raking in-oops the losses are going up year on year and we will soon be left in a similar situation if the trend carries on. Nobody comes out of that time smelling of roses. It is also the height of hypocrisy on their part to sell to the club they opted for which was relocating a club and run by a shady offshore individual while refusing to deal with SISU on the same basis.

Grendel

And look at the profit Wasps are raking in-oops the losses are going up year on year and we will soon be left in a similar situation if the trend carries on. Nobody comes out of that time smelling of roses. It is also the height of hypocrisy on their part to sell to the club they opted for which was relocating a club and run by a shady offshore individual while refusing to deal with SISU on the same basis.

People like stretton would have been demanding the council not sell to a London hedge fund as they’d load a great community asset with debt and continue to financially mismanage.

Low and behold.....

Magwitch

T
The original owners tried to negotiate and the council told them to do one

Ken Taylor decided after the club was on the brink he’d decide who could buy the club and announced sisu as the bidder of choice

The reason? They wouldn’t exercise the right to purchase

Daniel Gidney thought the club a nuisance and wanted it out so he could go in his nonsense project of rivalling the NEC as the premier venue. The dumbass council swallowed it hook line and sinker

Sisu are only here because of the council
Tory Council ?

Brighton Sky Blue

People like stretton would have been demanding the council not sell to a London hedge fund as they’d load a great community asset with debt and continue to financially mismanage.

Low and behold.....

This one's not even from London it's Maltese. Maybe former Cllr Lucas can sell her photo with James Haskell to raise some funds

Grendel

T

Tory Council ?

He was but the council were unanimous in welcoming sisu so they could continue with their silly business games - the formula probe was £10m and the “independent” director was always voting for the council

They needed a company in who had no intention of buying into it

Remember it wasn’t sisu it was Ranson who using his Sportzone collateral with sisu funds - they’d already tried at several clubs and wanted an asset free, admin free project and Ranson sold a vision of almost instant promotion.

Brighton Sky Blue

He was but the council were unanimous in welcoming sisu so they could continue with their silly business games - the formula probe was £10m and the “independent” director was always voting for the council

They needed a company in who had no intention of buying into it

Remember it wasn’t sisu it was Ranson who using his Sportzone collateral with sisu funds - they’d already tried at several clubs and wanted an asset free, admin free project and Ranson sold a vision of almost instant promotion.

So what's the end game now?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Grendel Sisu had a fresh start they didn't have to take the previous contract on they could have walked away nobody held a gun to their head .So it was Ken Taylor who sold us to Sisu was it? Major shareholder? Sisu are where they are because THEY f..ked up.

End games....

Wasps, tie CCFC down to as long a deal as possible for as much money as possible whilst giving away as little as possible. Helping prop up their business plan.
Bring an end to all legal action that causes them grief, money and I guess puts off attracting potential investors (maybe).
Let CCFC go, then try and find other revenue streams to replace them. Hope the pressure increases on SISU from having to fund a new home elsewhere, blame SISU over legal action.

SISU, get a short term deal that gives Wasps as little as possible and gains as much revenue as possible.
Make sure any agreement is short term so Wasps cant plan long term.
Apply as much financial pressure as possible to pressure test their business plan.
Hope to win some legal action to recoup some money.
Hope Wasps have to sell some of ACL on the cheap
Try to keep breaking even to last as long as possible whilst hoping on the above.
Eventually if nothing else works sell Ryton and anything else of value and move on.

Both wankers neither give a shit about us, in my opinion.

Think it has been like this since about 20011/12 just swap Council/Higgs with Wasps.

Grendel

Grendel Sisu had a fresh start they didn't have to take the previous contract on they could have walked away nobody held a gun to their head .So it was Ken Taylor who sold us to Sisu was it? Major shareholder? Sisu are where they are because THEY f..ked up.

The council only wanted a company that would have accepted those terms so we’d have plunged into administration - the council refused any bids that involved bid agreeing those terms

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There were 2 other bidders - one being Geoffrey Robinson and His Craigavon consortium - the council refused to talk to them, because they couldn’t guarantee funds to develop the surrounding area

They wanted SISU to find the regeneration project in the surrounding areas.

Captain Dart

Its like Jackanory round here. Lots of stories.

Grendel

Sky Blues cool on Robinson bid

“He is now heading a consortium that is hoping to buy the debt-ridden club, but a rival group has also made an offer which Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) feel is more advantageous.”

ACL are the reason SISU are here! As I’ve been saying all along.

Also of course the Manhattan Group - Hopkins was openly scathing of the dealings with the council in the dealings at the time

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

But it isnt "we (CCFC 'the club') who can legally sign any deal ................ which means any such deal would be a waste of paper. Wasps wouldnt be legally entitled to collect the rent from CCFC the club and there is nothing requiring Otium to pay it. Authority has to come from the Otium Director who has to act on the owners instructions to sign a deal. CCFC is not actually a legal entity it is presently the trading name of a legal entity

Users who are viewing this thread