Appeal Dismissed (10 Viewers)

Otis

Fucking Wasps season ticket holder I know, born and bred in Coventry and ex City season ticket holder, has said he doesn't give a flying fuck about our predicament. I am appalled at his comments, I thought he was taking the piss at first but he wasn't.
Kill him and then disassociate yourself from him.

Grendel

Thanks for making me smile

Regardless it’s illegal consider that if Burton Albion - a club who are regarding as a fine example of how a club should be run - get relegated in 4 years they’d be up for sale

Grendel

Without the Golden Share Otium' s value drops like a stone making the company virtually worthless.

You do realise don’t you the golden share is essentially worthless and if it’s non transferable to new owners of the same club?

Grendel

Fuck off you have done more to split the fans so that things don't work then anyone you really are a tosser of the highest order.

No I just put the club first regardless of owners.

You’ve never sang together. You are a divisive figure.

hopesprings

Oh dear. That’s not how it works.
I know that is not how it has been working...but can you actually say that the Football League could not take that stance.... where is it laid down that they cannot. SureSisu would be ranting and raving but the football league "own" the "golden share" do they not ? Yes it would result in legals but the football leageu as they haave said many times before set their own rules

skybluetony176

For what it’s worth I’ve emailed Andy Turner from the Telegraph asking that the telegraph do another petition similar to the one I remember Simon Gilbert did when there asking all parties to come together to find a solution. My suggestion is that this time it’s directed at Wasps as they are the ones on this occasion refusing to talk. Can I suggest that everyone else does the same. I have Andy Turners email as [email protected]

Grendel

I know that is not how it has been working...but can you actually say that the Football League could not take that stance.... where is it laid down that they cannot. SureSisu would be ranting and raving but the football league "own" the "golden share" do they not ? Yes it would result in legals but the football leageu as they haave said many times before set their own rules

But you realise they cannot give that share to new owners of coventry city and presently it would go to the team leading the Conference?

I was eleven in 87

We need a national media campaign pressuring Wasps into letting us stay for the sake of the fans. I really hope it isn't the case but I can easily see CCFC being crushed between two equally hard-nosed businesses as SISU protect their investment and Wasps seek to deter them by damaging their assets.

Anyone know roughly how long a decision will take on whether the appeal will be heard?
What about a national Media campaign pressuring Sisu into dropping the latest court case??

rockdude101

Seems to me as if the Wasps position is fair - why would you expect them to negotiate with a company that's consistently engaging costly legal battles and repeatedly losing?

It is all a bit confusing though. Am I right in thinking that ACL are basically owned by the council? If so, why did they sell their share to Wasps in the first place?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

What about a national Media campaign pressuring Sisu into dropping the latest court case??

Id say the vast majority of national media articles have focused on SISU'S terrible tenure and their penchant for losing court cases....and it's made no difference to them. Therefore im hoping (probably incorrectly) that Wasps might prove more amenable to pressure given their assumed interest in fostering postitive relations with Coventry's people.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Seems to me as if the Wasps position is fair - why would you expect them to negotiate with a company that's consistently engaging costly legal battles and repeatedly losing?

It is all a bit confusing though. Am I right in thinking that ACL are basically owned by the council? If so, why did they sell their share to Wasps in the first place?

They might see attacking CCFC (a SISU asset) as a way of waging war against their foe in the court room but i think the following point needs reiterating to them; it is the fans and local populace who lose out most if CCFC fold. I actually dont think SISU would change tack based on any perceived threat to the ongoing viability of the football club so its likely a flawed strategy for Wasps anyway.

ccfcway

Other parties will try and blur and push it as CCFC pushing it so it isn't as bad if kicked out. People you would class as running the football club have no control over it.

Hasn’t the application been submitted by SBSL which only has 2 directors, joys PA and the CCFC chairman ?

hopesprings

But you realise they cannot give that share to new owners of coventry city and presently it would go to the team leading the Conference?
I caan see no rules that have been published that if the FL take away a share that they have to effectively sacriffice it as you are suggesting. yes if a club is liquidated I understand your stance BUT that is not what the situation would be. It is a case of it has never been done before BUT it could be done yes I agree lots of clubs could be upset but wouldn't it be good if the FL had the bottle to stand up to crap owners who have had years to put things right and just put 2 fingers up to all and sundry. In the long term i think most footy fans would actually back the FL as then they could use that as a threat to other owners who just do not care. Radical I know but probably an effective way for the FL to work

Nick

Administrator
I caan see no rules that have been published that if the FL take away a share that they have to effectively sacriffice it as you are suggesting. yes if a club is liquidated I understand your stance BUT that is not what the situation would be. It is a case of it has never been done before BUT it could be done yes I agree lots of clubs could be upset but wouldn't it be good if the FL had the bottle to stand up to crap owners who have had years to put things right and just put 2 fingers up to all and sundry. In the long term i think most footy fans would actually back the FL as then they could use that as a threat to other owners who just do not care. Radical I know but probably an effective way for the FL to work

How is it then judged going forward whether they should take the golden share? When the fans want it to happen?

Covstu

They can withdraw the "golden" share and sell it to the highest bidder. Yep it would start a whole bucket load of shit/legals etc BUT the new owner of the golden share would be able to play in the football league. They could do a deal to play at the Ricoh. Not sure what the existing owners of the CCFC could do at that stage other than to take Football league to court. From players point of view I do not know legally what they could do but if CCFC owners could not let them play I would think there may be a contractual situation where the players and management become "free" agents and sign up for the new owners.... I do seem to recall that Football League effectively said they (the FL) can do what they like as they write the rules!!
Sell it on eBay?

ccfcway

Doesn't really matter about directors if there is somebody with significant control though does it?

We learnt about it from our chairman , surely he has significant control ?

Coventry City Football Club has learned of the decision of the club owners SISU to appeal the latest court judgement and continue court proceedings against Wasps and Coventry City Council.

Grendel

Embarrassing

Nick

Administrator
We learnt about it from our chairman , surely he has significant control ?

Coventry City Football Club has learned of the decision of the club owners SISU to appeal the latest court judgement and continue court proceedings against Wasps and Coventry City Council.

Not sure what that quote proves?

Grendel

If Wasps don't back down it's none - league and god knows where we will be playing.

If we stay at the Ricoh the playing budget will be cut to pay for the increased rent , which will lead to relegation to Div 2 and then none -league so either way the future for the football club is so depressing .

Wasps are scum aren’t they?

Sky Blue Pete

One suggestion to highlight our plight is to protest at a Wasps fixture, and I mean a big protest with several thousand in the Ricoh. This would get attention in the national press.
I think so good natured singing football chants all the way through in the main stand by the chairman of wasps nothing judgemental, wearing city colours pretending its a home game

ccfcway

Not sure what that quote proves?

The ccfc chairman is one of the two directors listed of the company who are perusing the court case. Ccfc are fully aware of what is happening as their chairman is. (Some below him might not be) To issue a statement that ccfc have been made aware of this is like Micky Adams refering to himself in the 3rd person.

Nick

Administrator
The ccfc chairman is one of the two directors listed of the company who are perusing the court case. Ccfc are fully aware of what is happening as their chairman is. (Some below him might not be) To issue a statement that ccfc have been made aware of this is like Micky Adams refering to himself in the 3rd person.

It doesnt matter who the directors are though? It's the people with significant control who choose the directors.

Do you think Fisher, Boddy or anybody else has any say in it?

ccfcway

It doesnt matter who the directors are though? It's the people with significant control who choose the directors.

Do you think Fisher, Boddy or anybody else has any say in it?

Do you think if the CCFC chairman who was listed on the on going litigation wasn’t happy they would still be here ?

christonabike

On here? Tony, Last, Dart, bHSB, all the trust, the Bergerac bloke

Oh and dongles 1,000 new accounts
Im just glad Im the Bergerac man. Im only sorry other genuine people have been slagged off by "Mr sit back and blame others.com"

SkyBlueCRJ

If Wasps don't back down it's none - league and god knows where we will be playing.

If we stay at the Ricoh the playing budget will be cut to pay for the increased rent , which will lead to relegation to Div 2 and then none -league so either way the future for the football club is so depressing .

If Wasps don't back down unfortunately that would mean the end of CCFC altogether I believe. If they do there will almost certainly be cuts throughout the club. So yes, the future looks bleak.

Sky Blue Pete

If Wasps don't back down unfortunately that would mean the end of CCFC altogether I believe. If they do there will almost certainly be cuts throughout the club. So yes, the future looks bleak.
Yep so frustrated right now what a mess. Remember the last game at highfield road?

Users who are viewing this thread