Appeal Dismissed (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
We’ve never told anyone to boycott anything. Why do we have any right to tell people how to spend their hard earned?

Yet the Trust has said a first game for a moved sports team was a fantastic sporting occasion and not said a negative thing about sports teams being moved? In fact, tried to justify it.

However, following the meeting, Sky Blues Trust spokesman Jan Mokrzycki said it was a "new start" and the trust would seek a "good relationship" with its new landlord and hoped the football club could stay at Ricoh for longer than the two-year agreed deal.

chiefdave

Snoz picked up a well deserved lifetime achievement award at the Coventry and Warwickshire Sports Awards last night and had his say. Can't disagree with any of this.
I'd give my 1987 medal back in exchange for that, without a doubt, not a problem at all. I'd give everything back to keep Coventry City going.

Somehow you've got to wave over both sides and say let's start again and get together for the fans.

Because that's what it is all about, the fans. The fans are coming through and paying out of their own wages, some are even out of work.

I can't see why a pitch can't be shared. If they got together as men and sat there and talked it out I am sure there is an answer there somewhere.

This is where we've got to play, in Coventry. If not in Coventry, what are we going to do? They don't know, and that's what is worrying me. I'm 82 years old, I want to know before I go in that grave they're going to dig for me. I want to know they're still here, and still playing.

It's now what we are talking about at this present moment. At this present moment it's got to be, get together, talk it over, talk it sensibly.

It's not 'we're bigger than you', let's get together on an equal level. Wasps, I love rugby, I love football, if only we can get together and share this. Look at it, what a wonderful stadium, which we gave away.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I am a Coventry ratepayer, well Council Tax at least, and I'd politely disagree.

If selling to Wasps damages the local football team significantly, as it clearly is, then that's hugely disadvantageous to the city from both a commercial and a cultural point of view. And that's before even considering the morals of it all...
You may be a council tax payer but even if every city supporter came from Coventry (which thy don't by a long way) that is only 1 in every 30 and if I was 1 of the other 29 I would not want my council hanging around waiting for a team playing 35 miles away to come back and buy the stadium .All the time the value of a ground that you wanted to get rid of falling . When Wasps bought the ground Mr Fisher said they paid over the odds . Like I said before Sisu played a game of poker and lost. Another point people want local businesses to back a campaign to get the club playing next season these same people who were shat on by Sisu when they moved away and liquidated the club when A C L tried to get money that was legally theirs By the way morals don't come into business ask Susi

fernandopartridge

You may be a council tax payer but even if every city supporter came from Coventry (which thy don't by a long way) that is only 1 in every 30 and if I was 1 of the other 29 I would not want my council hanging around waiting for a team playing 35 miles away to come back and buy the stadium .All the time the value of a ground that you wanted to get rid of falling . When Wasps bought the ground Mr Fisher said they paid over the odds . Like I said before Sisu played a game of poker and lost. Another point people want local businesses to back a campaign to get the club playing next season these same people who were shat on by Sisu when they moved away and liquidated the club when A C L tried to get money that was legally theirs By the way morals don't come into business ask Susi
They were already back when the Wasps sale was completed

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Not when It was started. Even if they were they were never going to make a realist bid . The council gave them plenty of chance to make one many times before . One excuse was we have to spend the money getting the team right first .A fine job they did of that.

fernandopartridge

Not when It was started. Even if they were they were never going to make a realist bid . The council gave them plenty of chance to make one many times before . One excuse was we have to spend the money getting the team right first .A fine job they did of that.
You've made all of that up, but, by implication....

The council were lying in September 2014 when they stated that the club could still have an option to buy a share in the stadium.
Also, so was that cretin Mutton when he criticised SISU in 2012 for a lack of investment in the team.

duffer

It's funny that, because right up until they sold the ground in secret to Wasps the Coventry taxpayer was told that the ground was doing fine. Hell we even put another 14m of our cash into it. (Voted for in another meeting they wanted to keep secret). So don't give me all this bollocks about the council acting in the city's best interests.

If you want what's best for the city then you need the club in the city. It's that simple. I'm guessing you're another one of those people who as long as it beats SISU it's ok, regardless of the impact on the the club or the town.

I can't control what SISU or Wasps do, but I expect my elected representives and their officers to behave honestly and openly. So you're welcome to your opinion but don't pretend to speak on behalf of the Coventry tax payers because a lot of them can see that it isn't just SISU at fault here.

As for OSB's idea of getting some sort of support together from everyone who benefits from CCFC being in town, that looks solid to me. I'm sorry it doesn't screw SISU enough for you to get behind it.

Magwitch

It’s not about screwing sisu anymore it’s about saving the life of Coventry City Football Club. All focuses have to be on that, no distractions. I am surprised there’s been little if any reactions from our public figures as yet such as our local MPs, perhaps they see it as a bit early the sisu appeal has only just been announced but not exactly unexpected and maybe there are behind the scenes chatting going on. As for focusing attention it has to be at Wasps 100% they are the enemy at the moment anyone else is for another time.

Nick

Administrator
It’s not about screwing sisu anymore it’s about saving the life of Coventry City Football Club. All focuses have to be on that, no distractions. I am surprised there’s been little if any reactions from our public figures as yet such as our local MPs, perhaps they see it as a bit early the sisu appeal has only just been announced but not exactly unexpected and maybe there are behind the scenes chatting going on. As for focusing attention it has to be at Wasps 100% they are the enemy at the moment anyone else is for another time.

Why would the MPs say anything? They will just pipe up when they need to to try and justify wasps moving here or to put pressure on the club (not owners)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Duffer I don't know the ins and outs of your council but if they had told the truth (which council rarely do) that finances at A C L were not great people would want a deal at any cost just to stop the drain on finances . SISU have never to my knowledge put in a realistic bid . They wanted it given to them. I don't think Sisu are the only ones at fault in this ,but if there is anyone more at fault tell me . If you asked people in Coventry who carried most of the blame for the situation I think I know who it would be . I want what is best I have join most of the protests but I like a few more have thrown in the towel and said que sara sara

Magwitch

That’s what MPs do like them or loathe them same as other “names” Unless you can come up with different that’s how it is.
What do you think could or should be done you have the platform

Nick

Administrator
That’s what MPs do like them or loathe them same as other “names” Unless you can come up with different that’s how it is.
What do you think could or should be done you have the platform

So you say I am talking out of my arse but then say "that's how it is"?

Make up your mind.

Nick

Administrator
Duffer I don't know the ins and outs of your council but if they had told the truth (which council rarely do) that finances at A C L were not great people would want a deal at any cost just to stop the drain on finances . SISU have never to my knowledge put in a realistic bid . They wanted it given to them. I don't think Sisu are the only ones at fault in this ,but if there is anyone more at fault tell me . If you asked people in Coventry who carried most of the blame for the situation I think I know who it would be . I want what is best I have join most of the protests but I like a few more have thrown in the towel and said que sara sara

I can't figure out what point you are trying to make in reply to Duffer?

skybluetony176

What would that actually achieve?

I’ll take that as a no. What will it achieve? You won’t know unless you try. I’ll give you an example. When there was early day motions on football governance I wrote to my MP and asked him if he could support it, he wrote back (or his office did) thanking me for writing and confirming that he will support it as requested by myself and when I checked up he did.

Unfortunately Nick this is typical of you. You’ll quite happily take five minutes to write a post moaning that MP’s will do nothing but you won’t spend five minutes to send them an email asking them to do something. It’s like moaning you’ll never win the lottery when you’ve never bought a ticket or intend to.

Quit whining like a bitch and take five minutes to write to your MP. In fact why stop there, write to all Coventry MP,s. Why stop there, write to all Coventry councillors as well reminding them of the council statement made at the time of the Wasps sale asking them what they intend to do to make sure that the statement holds true. I certainly intend to and I don’t even live in Coventry. If they still do nothing knock yourself out. You would have earned the right to call them every name under the sun.

Nick

Administrator
I’ll take that as a no. What will it achieve? You won’t know unless you try. I’ll give you an example. When there was early day motions on football governance I wrote to my MP and asked him if he could support it, he wrote back (or his office did) thanking me for writing and confirming that he will support it as requested by myself and when I checked up he did.

Unfortunately Nick this is typical of you. You’ll quite happily take five minutes to write a post moaning that MP’s will do nothing but you won’t spend five minutes to send them an email asking them to do something. It’s like moaning you’ll never win the lottery when you’ve never bought a ticket or intend to.

Quit whining like a bitch and take five minutes to write to your MP. In fact why stop there, write to all Coventry MP,s. Why stop there, write to all Coventry councillors as well reminding them of the council statement made at the time of the Wasps sale asking them what they intend to do to make sure that the statement holds true. I certainly intend to and I don’t even live in Coventry. If they still do nothing knock yourself out. You would have earned the right to call them every name under the sun.

So it didn't actually achieve anything did it? It's all well and good getting on your high horse about it but I may as well have just shouted at the squirrel in my garden for the use it would do.

Do you really think it took 5 minutes to write a post?

Fair play to you for writing to them all, sadly they won't give a shit. That's me slating them, rather than you.

Magwitch

What would that actually achieve?
I am sure every MP in the area has received some sort of correspondence regards this hardly under the carpet is it, trouble is ordinary fans like us who will suffer the most are very limited to what they can do, okay vent our spleens on here or similar sites, ring radio phone-ins perhaps go to a Wasp match and yahoo and boo for a while but what else and what’s the betting they would get slagged on here no matter what they tried. One way of guaranteeing a multi post negative thread on here is to mention the Trust.

skybluetony176

So it didn't actually achieve anything did it? It's all well and good getting on your high horse about it but I may as well have just shouted at the squirrel in my garden for the use it would do.

Do you really think it took 5 minutes to write a post?

Fair play to you for writing to them all, sadly they won't give a shit. That's me slating them, rather than you.

The only one getting on their high horse is you. You’re moaning that they won’t do anything yet you’re unwilling to ask them. You’re reaping what you sew and then complaining about the result. It achieved what I set out to do and that was to get my MP to support it. The problem is that there isn’t enough MP’s supporting it and why wouldn’t there be if voters/football fans don’t pressure them to do something about it.

Five minutes is just a turn of phrase. Why be pedantic about it? I bet if you took a day of here you would have emailed all MP’s and councillors before lunchtime. You only really need two templates, one for MP’s asking them for support of the club and pressure Wasps with a public statement that they should be talking to the club regardless of the legal action, the council template the same but also including a reminder of the council statement at the time of the sale. So then it’s just a case of changing the addresses. I’m sure that shouldn’t be too taxing even for you.

Irish Sky Blue

The only one getting on their high horse is you. You’re moaning that they won’t do anything yet you’re unwilling to ask them. You’re reaping what you sew and then complaining about the result. It achieved what I set out to do and that was to get my MP to support it. The problem is that there isn’t enough MP’s supporting it and why wouldn’t there be if voters/football fans don’t pressure them to do something about it.

Five minutes is just a turn of phrase. Why be pedantic about it? I bet if you took a day of here you would have emailed all MP’s and councillors before lunchtime. You only really need two templates, one for MP’s asking them for support of the club and pressure Wasps with a public statement that they should be talking to the club regardless of the legal action, the council template the same but also including a reminder of the council statement at the time of the sale. So then it’s just a case of changing the addresses. I’m sure that shouldn’t be too taxing even for you.
Where do you find email addresses for MPs and for city councillors. Can you put them up on here?

skybluetony176

Where do you find email addresses for MPs and for city councillors. Can you put them up on here?

Councillors | Coventry City Council

Just click on the councillor and it will take you to their homepage with their contact details.

MP’s is a little harder. Easiest and quickest way is search for them by name through google.

Coventry council also has this page on their website. Maybe we should be making use of it? Petitions | Petitions | Coventry City Council

Captain Dart

Magwitch

A good idea, inandate them, all of them Tory, labour, liberal, fill their in trays up with letters and emails, in other words get on their threepennybits and the same with the Wasp hierarchy starting with that smug looking Eastwood bloke.

Sky Blue Pete

So no agreement again. How do we all unite behind a leader who can take this somewhere? So frustrating. Especially the petty whose got the biggest prick conversations that take every thread off course

Irish Sky Blue

I was talking to someone today about the latest appeal. We both agreed that the fact that Sisu left it until the last possible day makes it even worse and shows their contempt for the fans and the club. They could have appealed as soon as their last one was turned down. This would have moved the process forward more quickly therefore increasing the chances that it could be done and dusted before the end of the season. But no. They wait until the last day, tantalising the supporters, almost twisting the knife in that they knew that we would all be hoping and praying that it was at an end and that we might be spared the prospect of moving out of the city again or indeed having no club to support. Mean minded, mean spirited people.

Irish Sky Blue

letsallsingtogether

He is right Nick you and a few others on here are willing to do nothing but moan.
So all the protests etc didn't work but if we hadn't of done them we wouldn't have known.
Shall we all sit tight and hope it all goes away.
Shall send my email today.

Nick

Administrator
He is right Nick you and a few others on here are willing to do nothing but moan.
So all the protests etc didn't work but if we hadn't of done them we wouldn't have known.
Shall we all sit tight and hope it all goes away.
Shall send my email today.
Apart from when I was willing to help the trust but they wanted to rant and rave which achieved nothing, you mean?

More than willing if there's something I can help with that will achieve something.

Magwitch

Inundate Wasps too with emails, situation ain’t their fault but it’s their stance that threatens our future.

Users who are viewing this thread