Appeal Dismissed (1 Viewer)

Grendel

The ccfc chairman is one of the two directors listed of the company who are perusing the court case. Ccfc are fully aware of what is happening as their chairman is. (Some below him might not be) To issue a statement that ccfc have been made aware of this is like Micky Adams refering to himself in the 3rd person.

Oh bore off

Grendel

Ha ha. You not like the idea of two national media campaigns against Sisu and Wasps in order to try and get a resolution?

A media campaign against sisu you said and that’s been going on for 5 years with no effect other than enhance their reputation

I was eleven in 87

A media campaign against sisu you said and that’s been going on for 5 years with no effect other than enhance their reputation
Yes I should have clarified that it should be against Sisu and Wasps in my reply.
One campaign against both entities then.
I appreciate the ‘campaign’ against Sisu has had little effect but I still don’t think we should give up either. Sisu haven’t given up their ‘campaign’!!

Magwitch

Where did all this start ? Before Northampton and that was before Wasps, our chairman and a couple of others took the decision to move our club away from our city. At the time it was thought it wouldn’t happen and at the eleventh hour they would relent and not move, despite protests, marches, MPs bringing it up in the House it happened. Our chairman was up to his grubby neck in it all and imo still is and unfortunately is part of ccfc his actions all those years ago directly caused the loss of our stadium and consequently the position we are now in.

Nick

Administrator
Where did all this start ? Before Northampton and that was before Wasps, our chairman and a couple of others took the decision to move our club away from our city. At the time it was thought it wouldn’t happen and at the eleventh hour they would relent and not move, despite protests, marches, MPs bringing it up in the House it happened. Our chairman was up to his grubby neck in it all and imo still is and unfortunately is part of ccfc his actions all those years ago directly caused the loss of our stadium and consequently the position we are now in.

Wasps were in the picture before Northampton.

It started before SISU were even here.

Waste of time. During the SISU out campaign me and my lmates started to feel like it became a distraction to on-field stuff. Which was even more pointless as it became apparent SISU really didn't give a shit. The only time they care is when it costs money, like when the Northampton move failed and we didnt follow.
A Wasps campaign will just stoke another SISU out campaign alongside it and the whole thing will just distract from the pitch again.
Unfortunately like SISU, Wasps wont give a shit and it will hurt us not them.

Grendel

Waste of time. During the SISU out campaign me and my lmates started to feel like it became a distraction to on-field stuff. Which was even more pointless as it became apparent SISU really didn't give a shit. The only time they care is when it costs money, like when the Northampton move failed and we didnt follow.
A Wasps campaign will just stoke another SISU out campaign alongside it and the whole thing will just distract from the pitch again.

Fuck off

Nick

Administrator

You seem to be easily distracted?

Yet again, it completely flies over your head.

Yes it has, please explain your comment.
My point was that the SISU out campaign was a distraction for the on-field action. As in the team wants to hear us roaring them on, not chanting about SISU. That a similar Wasps campaign will go the same way and will just rekindle the SISU out campaign.
In reply you said I seem to be easily distracted. I then pointed out that, that isnt really relevant as it the effect on the players who I was referring to and I am not a player.
So yes your point has flown way over my head, as it doesnt really make any sense to me.

Sky Blue Pete

I do wonder if this is impacting the squad. I am hopeful the stadium has to be close to finishing given fisher has been working on it for 5 years and surveyor architect and project managers are all in place

rockdude101

but i think the following point needs reiterating to them; it is the fans and local populace who lose out most if CCFC fold.

But why should they care, to be honest? They own the stadium and have mostly separate fans to fill it. They can walk away from any negotiations no worse off than bad press which will be portrayed as SISU's fault.

SISU want their cake and eat it. Engaging in costly futile legal cases against the company that holds the stadium they are tenants in isn't going to help negotiate a new deal. Especially when Wasps have stated - stop the legal cases and we're happy to talk about keeping you here.

With the League saying their bit, the only escape route for CCFC is a deal at the Butts for a season till the legal options have been entirely exhausted for SISU to challenge.

The Lurker

But why should they care, to be honest? They own the stadium and have mostly separate fans to fill it. They can walk away from any negotiations no worse off than bad press which will be portrayed as SISU's fault.

SISU want their cake and eat it. Engaging in costly futile legal cases against the company that holds the stadium they are tenants in isn't going to help negotiate a new deal. Especially when Wasps have stated - stop the legal cases and we're happy to talk about keeping you here.

With the League saying their bit, the only escape route for CCFC is a deal at the Butts for a season till the legal options have been entirely exhausted for SISU to challenge.

can’t do a deal with butts. Cov united playing there and signed a long term contract.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And this is the bit that rankles, the council in their infinite wisdom sold the lease to wasps, stating “measures are in place to make sure it doesn’t impact the football or rugby club”

Wasps should care and quite frankly I cannot wait for the day the bucket collections start to save them. I will laugh in their faces as they’re opportunistic slimy rugby team crumbles into oblivion. It’s also the reason I won’t vote the major parties in Coventry. Their “getting one over on SISU” has destroyed any hope for the football club going forward, with or without SISU

Captain Dart

Can the EFL remove the golden share from Sisu ?

They won't unless the club can't complete its fixture list.
Even then we'll probably only be relegated to non league with a stiff points deduction.
I don't think it will come to that but I do think the brinkmanship will go on until April/May at the earliest.

duffer

I'm not convinced that if Wasps want to be fully accepted in the community that they can afford to upset those who support CCFC, I know a fair number of city fans who go to Wasps.

It's one reason why the PR wars have started.

A point worth making as well perhaps, the action is against the Council rather than Wasps directly, they're only involved as an interested party.

Regardless, what I don't understand is why so many people would give Wasps a free pass here. They chose to buy into this mess, no one forced them to do it. Presumably they were aware of the ongoing legal issues, hence the secrecy and dissembling around the deal at the time.

Why would I, as a City fan, not want to pressure them into doing a deal that suits the club? Like it or not SISU think they have a case, until the legal path is exhausted they're going to keep at it. I don't think they'll win, but it's not my opinion that matters. In the meantime there is nothing at all to stop Wasps discussing a deal with the club.

And again, we can't rely on the FL to intervene here, no matter what they say...

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

But why should they care, to be honest?

They should care if they are truly concerned with forming a part of the community in Coventry. Killing its most succeasful football club is not going to endear it to the general populace here.

CCFC has virtually no leverage over Wasps amd therefore, imho, needs to push the line that they are collateral damage in this feud. Regardless of the very real link between the club and SISU CCFC has to make out that its Wasps threatening to kill them off to generate a media shitstorm.

Im firmly of the opinion that SISU have generated much of this horrendous situation for CCFC but im thinking of how the club can best save its own skin.

Sky Blue Pete

13th August 1883 - ?????????

135 years but will be be in the football league to start our 136th

All things have a start and an end and maybe it’s just our time

Users who are viewing this thread