Appeal Dismissed (6 Viewers)

Grendel

Can someone please explain to me the position of Tim Fisher ? Is he both chairman (or equivalent) of Coventry City and the one and only shareholder of Otium, who are effectively taking Wasps back to court and in doing so threatening the very existence of Coventry City ?. Surely that can't be right, because if so he has a massive conflict of interest. Shouldn't he nail his colours to the mast one way or another ? If he chose to step aside from Otium and remain in his CCFC role at least it would show some kind of commitment.
This club is a complete basket case .

Wasps are threatening the club’s existence

You’ve just proved my point - Timmy Fishook blah blah

no_loyalty

Fucking Wasps season ticket holder I know, born and bred in Coventry and ex City season ticket holder, has said he doesn't give a flying fuck about our predicament. I am appalled at his comments, I thought he was taking the piss at first but he wasn't.

Nick

Administrator
Can someone please explain to me the position of Tim Fisher ? Is he both chairman (or equivalent) of Coventry City and the one and only shareholder of Otium, who are effectively taking Wasps back to court and in doing so threatening the very existence of Coventry City ?. Surely that can't be right, because if so he has a massive conflict of interest. Shouldn't he nail his colours to the mast one way or another ? If he chose to step aside from Otium and remain in his CCFC role at least it would show some kind of commitment.

He is a director of otium rather than the only shareholder. The shareholders with significant control are sisu who choose the directors.

Grendel

Agree that the media stuff would probably work but must be better ways than at our games?

Not really. You wouldn’t get enough to go to one of their games would you?

I mean if you could you could probably end this stance in one game with the “right” behaviour

The trust said be silent when they are taking kicks

Ffs

Nick

Administrator
Fucking Wasps season ticket holder I know, born and bred in Coventry and ex City season ticket holder, has said he doesn't give a flying fuck about our predicament. I am appalled at his comments, I thought he was taking the piss at first but he wasn't.

They are the ones I don't get. Somehow think they are better because they are apparent wasps fans with their moral high ground.

Id quite happily piss those off all day and if wasps went bust I'd laugh at.

Grendel

“Most”. You big silly sausage.

On here? Tony, Last, Dart, bHSB, all the trust, the Bergerac bloke

Oh and dongles 1,000 new accounts

shmmeee

One suggestion to highlight our plight is to protest at a Wasps fixture, and I mean a big protest with several thousand in the Ricoh. This would get attention in the national press.

If it really is 2014 again, can I just say: please can we not do Brexit. Thanks.

higgs

Sickening to hear that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

They are the ones I don't get. Somehow think they are better because they are apparent wasps fans with their moral high ground.

Id quite happily piss those off all day and if wasps went bust I'd laugh at.

I would love it if they went bust, or moved as far away as possible from Cov

shmmeee

I met one like that. Seemed really happy CCFC we’re getting fucked. But he was a c**t anyway. The Leicester fan in the same office had more sympathy.

hopesprings

In reality, what can the FA / EFL actually do about it? People will always shout about them, but what can they do?
They can withdraw the "golden" share and sell it to the highest bidder. Yep it would start a whole bucket load of shit/legals etc BUT the new owner of the golden share would be able to play in the football league. They could do a deal to play at the Ricoh. Not sure what the existing owners of the CCFC could do at that stage other than to take Football league to court. From players point of view I do not know legally what they could do but if CCFC owners could not let them play I would think there may be a contractual situation where the players and management become "free" agents and sign up for the new owners.... I do seem to recall that Football League effectively said they (the FL) can do what they like as they write the rules!!

Grendel

They can withdraw the "golden" share and sell it to the highest bidder. Yep it would start a whole bucket load of shit/legals etc BUT the new owner of the golden share would be able to play in the football league. They could do a deal to play at the Ricoh. Not sure what the existing owners of the CCFC could do at that stage other than to take Football league to court. From players point of view I do not know legally what they could do but if CCFC owners could not let them play I would think there may be a contractual situation where the players and management become "free" agents and sign up for the new owners.... I do seem to recall that Football League effectively said they (the FL) can do what they like as they write the rules!!

Oh dear. That’s not how it works.

Nick

Administrator

They could take the golden share unless they stopped legal action against another private company?

The only way that would ever happen is if they got every stadium owned by the clubs.

What happens if the EFL sell it to the highest private bidder and then they messed up? They just take it back again and resell?

It's absolutely shit but while there aren't being laws broken etc there's not much they can do.

letsallsingtogether

Because as the time nears the end the media will become aware. A sit in with “wasps are removing our club” would not be want wasps want to see
The thing is the protests that get the most publicity are the illegal ones.
Things like pitch invasions love them or hate them they make an impact.
No one can be seen as advocating them as they will be arrested.
Ideally this would be at a wasps game but again you need the numbers to do this, no matter what you think they have been talked about by various groups can't get the numbers thou.

So many people say they will come, will do this and do that then don't turn up.

Would love us to fill an end at the Ricoh for a wasps game, with City flags banners and City songs for the whole game that is on tv but it will never happen.

skybluetony176

Most people in here would rather the club die so they can laugh at Joyless and Timmy Fishface - oh and perhaps cadge a few wasps free tickets

Shut the fuck up you boring c**t. Most people on here are trying to work out what course of action we can and should take and it’s almost unanimous that it’s directed at Wasps. You on the other hand are trying to drive division. Why don’t you just fuck of and leave it to us who are interested in doing something you boring little oxygen thief.

Nick

Administrator
Ideally this would be at a wasps game but again you need the numbers to do this, no matter what you think they have been talked about by various groups can't get the numbers thou.

Would love us to fill an end at the Ricoh for a wasps game, with City flags banners and City songs for the whole game that is on tv but it will never happen.
Best get the orders for free tickets in ;)

no_loyalty

Just as long as I get banned from every Rugby non Football ground in the country, I could probably live with that.

F

Fishy Tim

If you ve got a season ticket you have funded your own slow death , Keep feeding Sisu and they keep laughing at you ! When will fans learn Sisu have no loyalty !

Londonccfcfan

Anbody can relegated once due to poor management. But to get a club relegated twice then EFL should make it legally binding that if under certain ownership 2 relegations should force putting the club up for sale for a fair price indicative of the market (independently) if the clubs fans want this.

Most clubs owners sell up at a loss anyway if they have any backbone like (sunderland recent case).

Should be compulsory - 2 relegations within 5 years say.

This doesn't even take into consideration the Asset stripping and lack of investment (but the current market sale price would be indicative of that).

Captain Dart

In short, no & yes.

Grendel

Anbody can relegated once due to poor management. But to get a club relegated twice then EFL should make it legally binding that if under certain ownership 2 relegations should force putting the club up for sale for a fair price indicative of the market (independently) if the clubs fans want this.

Most clubs owners sell up at a loss anyway if they have any backbone like (sunderland recent case).

This doesn't even take into consideration the Asset stripping and lack of investment (but the current market sale price would be indicative of that).

What tripe

Nick

Administrator

There's no chance they can do that while they are private companies.

Which assets have actually been stripped? Not ploughing money in also isn't a reason to take a football club away is it?

no_loyalty

I thought a club had to pay a £1M bond to the EFL, if they wanted to ground share away from their home city?

Nick

Administrator
You really think that of LAST, bHSB and Tony?!?

Load of Bollocks. May not agree with them all (any?) of the time, but that's a load of bollocks that won't help.

I don't agree with those listed either. I don't doubt there will be some sat about hoping they can pick the club up if it went bust.

There were people pushing before that the way to go is for the club to be in admin and try and pick it up that way.

Users who are viewing this thread