Anti Wasp march / protests. Where are they ? (1 Viewer)

covman

I have asked the Trust about them.

I'll tweet the jimmy hill way later also :)

I can't see why there would be "another side" or why any ccfc fan wouldn't want pressure on wasps to get a deal sorted at the ricoh?

Your methods sound very familiar. I wonder where you got them from?

Bully a company into making a deal! Perhaps we could all buy a service from Wasps and then not pay them? It's bound to work.

Nick

Administrator
Your methods sound very familiar. I wonder where you got them from?

Bully a company into making a deal! Perhaps we could all buy a service from Wasps and then not pay them? It's bound to work.

Ha, a city fan is going to be offended at pressure on Wasps for a deal to be sorted at the Ricoh. Baffling.

I said pressure all sides to get a deal done at the Ricoh, the better deal for CCFC the better. Where is the issue?

I learnt them from Wasps, can you not tell?

Gosford Green

Nothing stopping a deal being agreed with Wasps in principal on the pretense that legal action is dropped.

Once a deal is agreed, details can be released and then surely more pressure can be put on sisu to drop the legals and then we would see whether Wasps are going to ramp up the rent and whether they are trying to screw over CCFC.

Sounds a good idea. JR2 dropped pending satisfactory long term agreement over stadium rent and income.
The FL or someone one step removed should step in as an intermediator.

martcov

I can't see why there would be "another side" or why any ccfc fan wouldn't want pressure on wasps to get a deal sorted at the ricoh?

Is that the sum of your anti Wasps protest? You being one of the biggest protagonists of putting pressure on Wasps. I bet they are quaking in their boots.

Nick

Administrator
Is that the sum of your anti Wasps protest? You being one of the biggest protagonists of putting pressure on Wasps. I bet they are quaking in their boots.

I have sent a fair few ideas to the trust that could be done, I am happy to discuss potential ideas.

The same as I have been about SISU. (note, not CCFC).

italiahorse

There will be a short term deal of some sort when the current deal ends.
It's just impossible to do a long term deal when your both in the courts.
Obvious to me.
Just need an indication from Wasps and everybody can relax. That's what we should be asking.

italiahorse

If you aren't anti wasps then by definition you support franchising in sport and would have no objection if ccfc moved 90 miles away.

Do you not have a problem if that happened then? Extraordinary.
Franchising is already established and part of sport.
Most people, including myself, don't care and as Wasps is now a countrywide name franchising is questionable in any case.
No way could Coventry City be moved long term so it's irrelevant.

skybluebeduff

Franchising is already established and part of sport.
Most people, including myself, don't care and as Wasps is now a countrywide name franchising is questionable in any case.
No way could Coventry City be moved long term so it's irrelevant.
Franchising is frowned upon all over England, this isn't America. Try and find many people who like MK Dons, a pathetic team created out of the demise of a great club. Very happy AFC Wimbledon are now above them in the league, a nice kick in the face to any franchised football club, having to look up to the club they have tried to steal IMO.

Gosford Green

I know a rugby fan who will happily sit at the Ricoh and watch Wasps in a European game other times he will watch or Northampton even travel to Twickenham to watch Saracens in a big game. All very odd.

Football is different, it is tribal so franchising would never work, SISU moving to Sixfields as another example.

Grendel

I know a rugby fan who will happily sit at the Ricoh and watch Wasps in a European game other times he will watch or Northampton even travel to Twickenham to watch Saracens in a big game. All very odd.

Football is different, it is tribal so franchising would never work, SISU moving to Sixfields as another example.

There is tribalism in rugby - try asking fans of Gloucester, Leicester or Northampton.

Gosford Green

There is tribalism in rugby - try asking fans of Gloucester, Leicester or Northampton.

Obviously to some extent but not he same as in football. No one involved in rugby seems to have batted an eyelid over Wasps coming to Coventry, where as MK Dons are universally hated in football circles. If (god forbid) they become Coventry Wasps would there be an outcry from the rugby world?
The only complaints about Wasps landing here are from Coventry City supporters, football fans.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously to some extent but not he same as in football. No one involved in rugby seems to have batted an eyelid over Wasps coming to Coventry, where as MK Dons are universally hated in football circles. If (god forbid) they become Coventry Wasps would there be an outcry from the rugby world?
The only complaints about Wasps landing here are from Coventry City supporters, football fans.

And Wasps fans?

Covstu

With Wasps, and in particular their fans, education would be the first thing. Obviously its a complex situation but if it could be condensed as much as possible into a couple of paragraphs, concentrating on Wasps involvement, and flyers given out to their fans that would be a good start.

The version of events they seem to believe seems very different to what actually happened. For example I've had a Wasps fan at work telling me how good a deal we have as Wasps allow us to keep our ticket money!
Not being funny Dave but they moved their club 90 miles away and they didn't bat an eyelid. They understand our situation (some sympathise) but generally they don't give a shit about us.

Covstu

Yep spot on, different world completely

letsallsingtogether

So will all those that refused to go on the march against Sisu go on one against the wasps.
Sorry but they want everyone else to do all the work then can't be bothered to even turn up.
We did do a protest in the early days only 2 turned up BHSB and Steve.
We also did one against the council If I remember there were about 8 in attendance.
Steve has now left the group as has BHSB.

So now the ball is in your court give us a shout when you have organised something I for one will attend.

Torch, Grendel, Nick etc we are waiting.
Stop leaving it to others.

Grendel

So will all those that refused to go on the march against Sisu go on one against the wasps.
Sorry but they want everyone else to do all the work then can't be bothered to even turn up.
We did do a protest in the early days only 2 turned up BHSB and Steve.
We also did one against the council If I remember there were about 8 in attendance.
Steve has now left the group as has BHSB.

So now the ball is in your court give us a shout when you have organised something I for one will attend.

Torch, Grendel, Nick etc we are waiting.
Stop leaving it to others.

Surprised Steve attending a wasps protest. He said on this forum he was happy they were here.

rupert_bear

Whats all this latest Wasp bollox again ? They are here, probably to stay live with it ! Our concern needs to be ccfc, it's Acadamy in less than a years time, where we will be playing in 18 months time and the FL will want concrete assurances sooner rather than later. Another nail in the Acadamy coffin today. I firmly believe get shut of SISU agreements with Wasps over Acadamy training and the Ricoh would be a formality. But I also believe sisu will get nothing from Wasps with any hint of continuation of the legals.

letsallsingtogether

Surprised Steve attending a wasps protest. He said on this forum he was happy they were here.
Well you were all to busy slagging him off for not doing anything funny it was mensioned at the time and on other occasions but you all find a way to not acknowledge it.
Funny really those shouting the loudest have done absolutely nothing at all.
So now I have made up my mind until some of you organise something I don't see why I should.
Let me know I will be glad to join you will even help but onus is on you
PUSB

skybluetony176

Well you were all to busy slagging him off for not doing anything funny it was mensioned at the time and on other occasions but you all find a way to not acknowledge it.
Funny really those shouting the loudest have done absolutely nothing at all.
So now I have made up my mind until some of you organise something I don't see why I should.
PUSB

If you're waiting for this lot it looks like your protesting days are over ;)

letsallsingtogether

If you're waiting for this lot it looks like your protesting days are over ;)
Funny that isn't it.
Now I know how to stop a thread.

People moan they don't have time well we all work and take time away from our family time to organise these things.
We have even used holiday to go on protests others just fucking moan about what you doing for this or that.
We have enough ideas to last till 2020 but can't do them all.
So again I say.
Put Up Or Shut Up....

So they should put up or shut up.

Grendel

What are you organising then? Marching on the spot behind your keyboard doesn't count. You organise something I promise to attend also.

Whose your money on? I think Nuttall probably?

Grendel

Funny that isn't it.
Now I know how to stop a thread.

People moan they don't have time well we all work and take time away from our family time to organise these things.
We have even used holiday to go on protests others just fucking moan about what you doing for this or that.
We have enough ideas to last till 2020 but can't do them all.
So again I say.
Put Up Or Shut Up....

So they should put up or shut up.

What's the sky blue trusts official strategy on wasps LAST? It's all very well banging on about protests and hiding behind keyboards but if the official body and its head at the time supported wasps and you just say there and said nothing....what does that make you?

letsallsingtogether

What's the sky blue trusts official strategy on wasps LAST? It's all very well banging on about protests and hiding behind keyboards but if the official body and its head at the time supported wasps and you just say there and said nothing....what does that make you?
So because I said nothing I must be a Wasps fan.
You sit there and never say anything about our owners so what does that make you.
Oh stop it I protested against wasps did you? ....No
I protested against the Council did you?....No
I Protested against sixfields did you?....No
I protested about Sisu did you ....No
So what does that make you.

Come on what are you organising?

I'm waiting for my invite.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No there isn't. They have their favourites and teams that they follow but the majority of dead keen rugby fans will go and watch top quality rugby wherever it is. Football fans don't.

NorthernWisdom

That's not unreasonable.

If I had confidence a lot would turn up then I might consider it, although not sure I go to enough City games to have enough authority for people to follow tbh. It's fair to say all things need an institution behind them though, such as the Sky Blue Trust, otherwise it ends up four men and a whistle.

Bit like the SISU Out stuff earlier this season before this weekend - not sure it was any help, if not ended up a hinderance.

Grendel

No there isn't. They have their favourites and teams that they follow but the majority of dead keen rugby fans will go and watch top quality rugby wherever it is. Football fans don't.

Nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread