Anti Wasp march / protests. Where are they ? (3 Viewers)

rupert_bear

Would it though? They bought the stadium without so much of a whimper from our fans, they're damaging out academy by moving and building at the higgs without so much of a whimper from our fans, they stopped negotiations on a longer deal without much of a whimper from our fans. And they can do all of this as 99.999999% of us all hate sisu and it gives them a nice easy deflection to stack all the blame on. (And no I'm not saying sisu are not to be also blamed)

If they said, sorry but we can't work with sisu, or we can't give what the club needs, the vast majority of the fan base would shrug their shoulders and blame the club/sisu and wasps would once again get away without a whimper from our fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well regarding the ground, we are still there. and like it or not when selling the stadium was done we were playing in Northampton with quotes from various football club management personnel including Joy Sepalla "we have moved on" and when the deal was on sisu were given the chance to stake a claim, you know that.

As for the Acadamy, again sisu, Chris Anderson at the time said they were actively pursuing other options. Is that no longer the case ?

pipkin73

You have a vivid imagination. I have no loyalty to Wasps in fact I am not really a fan of rugby. Being a proud Cov Kid I take an interest in Coventry RFC and have watched them a few times at Coundon Road and the Butts mainly because friends were playing for Cov or I ended up on a day out as the BPA has many fine watering holes in close proximity.

Wasps coming here has been a massive nail in the potential coffin of CCFC, I blame them being here on the actions of SISU when attempting to acquire the Ricoh on the cheap.
You apportion blame towards CCC, you hate Wasps probably as much as I hate SISU but I am prepared to do something along the lines of protesting while the noise against CCC and Wasps is (so far) just the sound of the keyboard being hit hard. I am not so blinkered to not join any campaign against Wasps.

From what i hear, Wasps have now given CRFC 3 players- So as CRFC seem to want to help CCFC are ·Wasps trying to bribe them". Scored most of their tries last few games (info come from Sky Blue World).

Nick

Administrator
Well regarding the ground, we are still there. and like it or not when selling the stadium was done we were playing in Northampton with quotes from various football club management personnel including Joy Sepalla "we have moved on" and when the deal was on sisu were given the chance to stake a claim, you know that.

As for the Acadamy, again sisu, Chris Anderson at the time said they were actively pursuing other options. Is that no longer the case ?

Aren't the club in talks with CSF about the academy?

stupot07

Oh come on Rupert, the club never had a chance of staking a claim once wasps purchased the council half. Higgs were just following due process. And don't forget the deal wasnt signed until after we came back and after the council said they wanted to build bridges and work towards ownership (more bollocks).

And yes, I am well aware of the clubs aspiration to combine first team and academy on one site. They never served notice to CSF though did they. Wasps were looking at numerous sites, they chose the one that would damage our academy, as their needs are rightly more important to them than ours. Still an active choice, still an element of blame.

Tbh this has been done to death. You 100% blame sisu, I aportion the blame to differing degrees on several parties. We both want sisu out.

stupot07

Aren't the club in talks with CSF about the academy?
I believe so, we haven't had an update, its also not guaranteed we will keep cat 2 status, the FL/FA only said it could be possible over split sites, not that it was a done deal.

rupert_bear

The one interesting and perhaps reassuring fact re. the Acadamy a number of new coaches and staff have recently been hired some coming from other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton and they have advertised for a new coach I think for the under 16s to me that points to a future

duffer

Ah – “by definition”. A nice easy black and white statement that no doubt gives you a warm feeling of moral superiority inside. But simplistic bollocks.

There isn’t a single one of the 92 (?) league clubs that anyone would contemplate allowing to move to a different area. They all clearly represent a very specific place, and moving would spark universal condemnation and 100% resistance from fans.

Wasps should never have moved out to Wycombe. It was a totally unsuitable location, it diluted and fragmented their fan base, and IMO made them a de facto franchise, ripe for the picking.

People (including their own fans as well as vehement “anti-franchisers” on this site) say they should have moved anywhere from Oxford to Upton Park in the East End of London! Would such people “by definition” support moving Everton over to Warrington in the Merseyside area? Of course they bloody wouldn’t, we all know where Everton should be.

The Wasps move came out of unique circumstances and sets no precedent for the vast majority of sports clubs. The people who have embraced it (rugby followers, journalists and commentators, players, politicians, sponsors) are entitled to do so without being labelled as immoral hypocrites by you.

By the way, I agree that it harms CCFC and I wish with all my heart that we had bought the Ricoh instead. But we didn’t and now we have to work with the reality. An anti-Wasps campaign as such would be a complete waste of time - like Nick says it needs to be pro-CCFC but putting pressure on Wasps (and others).

Moving from West London to Wycombe does not make Wasps a de facto franchise. No matter how much you repeat it, it does not make it true. Please stop making excuses, I've got more respect for people who just admit that they don't care about it than those who try to justify it using a thin layer of sophistry.

Which bit of this do you struggle with - Wasps were established in West London, their academy was in West London, their owner said they were a West London club. They defined their local rivals as other London teams, notably Saracens and Harlequins. Find a single article anywhere that defines them as a 'franchise' after moving to Wycombe. Plenty of rugby followers, including most importantly the Wasps fans they've left behind, haven't embraced coming to Coventry at all.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to point out that from what I see it bears little relationship to the facts, and that the real issue here is that you can't bear to admit that if you support Wasps you're supporting a franchise where the owners moved the club away from its fanbase for commercial reasons. That's fair enough, as long as the same people don't start bleating when it might happen to a team that they do care about - at that point I think it's fair enough to point out the hypocrisy of that position.

duffer

Totally agree, all wind and piss.

Oh aye, yeah, and what exactly have you been doing then? Not going to games and shaking your fist in rage at the computer screen? Picture of Fisher on the dartboard? Mostly whining here?

No need to answer, I can probably guess. You could always try organising something I suppose, but I'm going to venture that you don't have the time, skills or motivation to bother. I don't see that you are any better than anyone else here, but let me know when you build the first barricade, comrade, and I'll see if I can get the day off.

Grendel

I'll ask them next time they come and watch Wasps play in Europe.

When's your exclusive news 18 months ago regarding the JLR stadium going to be announced?

hill83

I don't know anyone that cares enough to be honest. In fact I know more people who are now wasps season ticket holders who used to be cov city season ticket holders than anti wasps people.

letsallsingtogether

Why would you have expected me to campaign to bring another rugby club to Coventry when I don't agree with that course of action?
TBH wouldn't expect you or most of the others on here to campaign or protest about any thing that makes you leave your desk.

letsallsingtogether

Where is the protest still waiting
Torch
General
Come out of hiding........

letsallsingtogether

Funny how those that shout the loudest and slag off anyone trying to do something then disapear when asked to help out or even attend a protest they are shouting for.
They want to be taken seriously but are really just a bunch of keyboard clowns.

General, Torch, chief Dave Andteasb and the rest of the one percenters where are you all?

Nick

Administrator
I have put a few ideas and things on here, the same as I did put a couple of half decent things on the SISU march threads but they don't really get any interest. :(

What's a "one percenter"?

Otis

I don't know anyone that cares enough to be honest. In fact I know more people who are now wasps season ticket holders who used to be cov city season ticket holders than anti wasps people.
People don't care enough to protest. They only care enough to moan.

covmark

Funny how those that shout the loudest and slag off anyone trying to do something then disapear when asked to help out or even attend a protest they are shouting for.
They want to be taken seriously but are really just a bunch of keyboard clowns.

General, Torch, chief Dave Andteasb and the rest of the one percenters where are you all?
Have a day off ffs, we all know you are a protesting hero.
If there was a trust led protest backed by the CT, like there was with the Sisu out stuff, it'd give something for people to get behind. Whereas a one man and his dog protest led by a random bloke on here will just be a laughing stock and will do more harm than good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

idm1975

Dont live in the city but everytime, i am at a home game, i speak to someone about things the one thing that always gets there goat is wasps being here. Even witnessed blokes in the toilets trying to remove wasps posters on the walls on numerous occasions.

rupert_bear

If there was a trust led protest backed by the CT, like there was with the Sisu out stuff, it'd give something for people to get behind. Whereas a one man and his dog protest led by a random bloke on here will just be a laughing stock and will do more harm than good.

Well said......Tim

Houdi

People don't care enough to protest. They only care enough to moan.
Exactly this. There is going to be no meaningful protest against Wasps, that time has passed. If people were going to protest against them they would have done it when they moved here. Virtually everybody I know seems to have gone to a Wasp game, including CCFC season ticket holders, and even fans who go to watch Cov Rugby. I won't go and watch them, but it seems I'm in a increasing minority.
As the years pass, younger people will just see them as a Coventry team,harsh but true. Went to Leamington on the train the other day, huge seemingly permanent Wasps adverts at Coventry station, and Wasps adverts at Leamington as well.
All the local media,print,tv and radio,cover them extensively, they are effectively established here, whether we like it or not. Wasps clearly owe a huge debt of gratitude to CCC, and we all know that CCC were and presumably still are desperate to drive Sisu out of Coventry.

NortonSkyBlue

Wasps are not the enemy and it is the right of any individual to spend their leisure time watching Wasps at their home, bought and paid for.
Coventry City are not the victim here any more than the guy who starts the fight and then gets a bloody nose. The language used and action taken over many years has put us in this situation, not Wasps and not CCC, I hate this situation as much as anybody but what is clear is that if you poke the bear too often it will strike out and we should be surprised that we are going to be without a ground and an academy if we don't listen to what is being said loud and clear and often.

ajsccfc

My new neighbour is a Wasps coach so if he offers me any comp tickets I'll politefully decline which is about as much rage as I can muster about them at this point.

Also, 'Well said....Tim' is possibly the worst post made this year.

letsallsingtogether

Funny how you never tell the ones who do all the moaning to have a day off.
So no I won't.
Funny the ones who start all these threads asking for this and that are the ones that do nothing.
I wonder why they actually start these threads???????
So come on what are you all planning.

Grendel

Funny how you never tell the ones who do all the moaning to have a day off.
So no I won't.
Funny the ones who start all these threads asking for this and that are the ones that do nothing.
I wonder why they actually start these threads???????
So come on what are you all planning.

So your saying Gosford Green should be planning something?

He darted the thread?

idm1975

My new neighbour is a Wasps coach so if he offers me any comp tickets I'll politefully decline which is about as much rage as I can muster about them at this point.

Also, 'Well said....Tim' is possibly the worst post made this year.
Trick or treat coming up you gonna egg his house?

Users who are viewing this thread