Anti-SISU (3 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

We’ve been through some very difficult times and SISU have made some bad errors.

I don’t believe the UofW stadium will ever be built. I think the strategy of moving us to Northampton & latterly StA are both to distress the owners of the CBS stadium/Ricoh.

Wasps are losing millions each year on their trading (excluding the year they sold part of their rights to the premiership) . Therefore, at some point in the future they are either needing some new multi millionaire with more money than sense or to cut back or sell part or all of the stadium.

SISU have managed to work out that having orange faced investors in the dug out is a bad idea and have fortunate to have employed DB and allowed MR free reign to organise the playing side (within a limited budget).

SISU were stupid to have allowed their option on the stadium to be lost in administration, but I assume it was a decision based to avoid paying a high rent.

The interest charged to the club is very punitive, which is adding to the debt and potentially reducing the prospects of anyone else being interested in buying the club.

The current day to day running of the club seems sound, but I don’t think there is any chance of MR ever being given a budget to compete with other clubs with parachute payments.

Enjoy the moment - this is a positive time on the pitch.

Grendel

Well he came to Cov, I can’t think of many more
Basket case of a club besides Newcastle or perhaps Derby at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle pay Bruce £2.75m a year - I think magpie blood would be very quickly infused

capel & collindridge

I wrote on here on 20th November 2015:

I know I'm very much in the minority here, but I've always thought it likely that somehow or other a new stadium would have to be built. I can understand why people haven't believed TF, as his job at SISU seems to have been to head up the misinformation department. But Chris Anderson is in a completely different position. Why would he come in as a high profile figure within the game, shoot his mouth off about stadium plans that don't exist and a meeting with the FA that hasn't happened, without being genuinely convinced that we will soon be acquiring a new stadium. He has everything to lose by making false claims. Equally, he has everything to lose by demonstrating that he is being duped by our owners, or that he is stupid enough not to know the difference between Coventry City Council and the adjoining areas or not to know that basic knowledge of this kind matters to City supporters. The really interesting bit for me appears to be the suggestion that CCC may be willing to contemplate some kind of an accommodation with SISU about a ground in the city for the City. Let's hope common sense prevails and we get something akin to HR Mark 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't changed my mind about the new stadium. But I wonder will have happened by 20th November 2027. I'd love to be proved right.

SlowerThanPlatt

I wrote on here on 20th November 2015:

I know I'm very much in the minority here, but I've always thought it likely that somehow or other a new stadium would have to be built. I can understand why people haven't believed TF, as his job at SISU seems to have been to head up the misinformation department. But Chris Anderson is in a completely different position. Why would he come in as a high profile figure within the game, shoot his mouth off about stadium plans that don't exist and a meeting with the FA that hasn't happened, without being genuinely convinced that we will soon be acquiring a new stadium. He has everything to lose by making false claims. Equally, he has everything to lose by demonstrating that he is being duped by our owners, or that he is stupid enough not to know the difference between Coventry City Council and the adjoining areas or not to know that basic knowledge of this kind matters to City supporters. The really interesting bit for me appears to be the suggestion that CCC may be willing to contemplate some kind of an accommodation with SISU about a ground in the city for the City. Let's hope common sense prevails and we get something akin to HR Mark 2.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't changed my mind about the new stadium. But I wonder will have happened by 20th November 2027. I'd love to be proved right.

They’re cutting it fine - over half way through 2021 and no progress

Users who are viewing this thread