Anti-SISU (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, can understand that if they announced it last year. They’ve been saying they’re building a new ground since 2013, how long can it possibly take?
The way I now see it is they weren’t serious before and joy Seppala is absolutely serious about it this time at uow

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

Grendel

do I need to provide one? Mark Robins is the man at the helm and takes the glory and rightly so. But as he has often pointed out, it’s the structure/hierarchy and day to day management that makes a club succeed. Our owners head it. It’s simple.

If Robins was having no support at all from the owners, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

For the record, I dislike Sisu and would ultimately like them to go but to suggest they haven’t done good things or support the club or Robins is utter tripe

We have traded players and the negative sell fees of those since he came back is (£7m) - so we’ve had to surrender £7m partly due to a strategy which reduced revenue by moving to Birmingham

The owners have extracted funds back into the investment portfolio and have put back in an identical amount at massive high interest yields.

These aren’t opinions they are hard cold facts. So again - what have they done - at what really needs to be asked if we hadn’t sold Maddison Wilson Baylis Stephenson and Mccallum - where would we be now - I don’t think very far

Grendel

You are kidding aren’t you? Please say you are. It’s fine to think it’s highly unlikely but to suggest no progress is bizarre

So explain the progress? It’s none

Reactions: KAB

Grendel

Lots of people wanting to steal the happiness isn’t there? Quite bizarre

we are 4th

We should have more points

We are playing a style of football that is brilliant

Grendel-owner doesnt do anything to help. Ffs

Im replying to a question about our owners - Seppalla is a disaster zone - a failure on a monumental scale at the club in her strategic aims - which had zero to do with football

Grendel

SlowerThanPlatt

The way I now see it is they weren’t serious before and joy Seppala is absolutely serious about it this time at uow

Hmm - the owners have always maintained they will build a new ground throughout? If you believe they’ve strung us along before, what makes you think it’s different this time?

Grendel

Lots of people wanting to steal the happiness isn’t there? Quite bizarre

we are 4th

We should have more points

We are playing a style of football that is brilliant

Grendel-owner doesnt do anything to help. Ffs

how have the owners anything to do
With that?

Sky Blue Pete

Im replying to a question about our owners - Seppalla is a disaster zone - a failure on a monumental scale at the club in her strategic aims - which had zero to do with football
Come on man. Either she has failed the club and served her investors or are you saying her wealth is by chance?
So the football success is failure? I’m struggling to follow - please help or better still marvel at what the club has achieved in spite of having the worst owner in football

Gint11

We have traded players and the negative sell fees of those since he came back is (£7m) - so we’ve had to surrender £7m partly due to a strategy which reduced revenue by moving to Birmingham

The owners have extracted funds back into the investment portfolio and have put back in an identical amount at massive high interest yields.

These aren’t opinions they are hard cold facts. So again - what have they done - at what really needs to be asked if we hadn’t sold Maddison Wilson Baylis Stephenson and Mccallum - where would we be now - I don’t think very far

Can you clarify what your issue is then?

is it that we sell players?
Is it that we sell them too cheaply?
Is it that they extract funds?

We are always going to sell players. We can’t keep most of them. The fee is what another club is willing to pay. Of course they extract funds. They aren’t in it for fun. You must know how business works.

I believe we lose less money overall than we did when they took over (pandemic and stadium moves away) aside and we’ve climbed the pyramid twice and won trophies and are now 4th in the 2nd tier.

They ain’t perfect but back to your original comment of no Support, bollocks.

Grendel

Fair enough. I will wait for more concrete evidence before thinking we’re going to build a new ground

Sisu buys distressed organisations and attempts to sell at a profit. My gut tells me building a new stadium doesn’t fit the investment portfolio

usskyblue

Sisu buys distressed organisations and attempts to sell at a profit. My gut tells me building a new stadium doesn’t fit the investment portfolio

You may be right.

Are you ever happy being a supporter of Coventry City Football Club ?

Grendel

You may be right.

Are you ever happy being a supporter of Coventry City Football Club ?

The title and subsequent conversation is targeted at Sisu which if we are being pedantic doesn’t even own the club - Seppalla certainly doesn’t - so your observation and opinion is emotional and irrelevant

usskyblue

The title and subsequent conversation is targeted at Sisu which if we are being pedantic doesn’t even own the club - Seppalla certainly doesn’t - so your observation and opinion is emotional and irrelevant

Do me a favour. It doesn’t matter the subject does it? Your joy (pun intended) is finding something to moan about.

Anyway. We never defended SISU on Twitter but we worked together to fight against people with that as their sole target, ignoring all other parties. So… what changed ?

Reactions: vow

Grendel

So the club could just function on its own?

Well it actually is isn’t it? What is sepalla doing Pete - advising Viveash on formations - telling Robins who to pick? What do any owners do other than provide funding? She doesn’t get her CEO to wear a tracksuit and sit in the bench anymore

Grendel

Do me a favour. It doesn’t matter the subject does it? Your joy (pun intended) is finding something to moan about.

Anyway. We never defended SISU on Titter but we worked together to fight against people with that as their soul target, ignoring all other parties. So… what changed ?

Birmingham that’s what changed

letsallsingtogether

So how much further forward are we securing a new ground than 2013?
Pete believes so must be true.
Seppala said the same thing to me years ago she also said we would never return to the Ricoh.
Sorry until the start building then it's just more words of bullshit.

BTW SISU OUT

Grendel

Pete believes so must be true.
Seppala said the same thing to me years ago she also said we would never return to the Ricoh.
Sorry until the start building then it's just more words of bullshit.

BTW SISU OUT

The move to Birmingham and the second strategic catastrophe did it for me. She’s an idiot and after 15 years we are back where we started so yes it’s time to go

Evo1883

This is like when somebody picks a fight with you after a lovely evening .

Done to death , nobody cares , stop killing erections

Grendel

So there were no other parties involved in that situation other than SISU ?

Sisu are one person and that one person did decide on a terrible rental deal - and yes it was in my view from what I have heard down to her

Evo1883

Bet this thread hits 1000 pages because some people thrive off this shit 🤣

Same when a financial thread comes out , people be like
giphy.gif

• Haha

Grendel

Not getting involved .

Move it to that section and moan there , I just want to talk about the football if I'm honest

well don’t comment then

Users who are viewing this thread