Anti-SISU (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

well don’t comment then

It was a simple observation that we already have a forum sub section to moan about sisu .

I will let your snide comment slide , but next time
giphy.gif

Grendel

It’s been a game of billy-big-balls from everyone involved from the very beginning. St. Andrews was no different

They agreed the rent - knowing we’d lose money

Grendel

It was a simple observation that we already have a forum sub section to moan about sisu .

I will let your snide comment slide , but next time
giphy.gif

I guess you’d have shoved any observations regarding Derby’s owners there as well if you supported them

Evo1883

I guess you’d have shoved any observations regarding Derby’s owners there as well if you supported them

I think the problem with this one particular subject is quite simply the length of time , and discussion we've had over the years on it .

I think that it has its place in the sub section of the forum because of that reason .

Sky Blue Pete

Well it actually is isn’t it? What is sepalla doing Pete - advising Viveash on formations - telling Robins who to pick? What do any owners do other than provide funding? She doesn’t get her CEO to wear a tracksuit and sit in the bench anymore
Ok

Sky Blue Pete

Pete believes so must be true.
Seppala said the same thing to me years ago she also said we would never return to the Ricoh.
Sorry until the start building then it's just more words of bullshit.

BTW SISU OUT
Funnily enough I don’t believe it will happen I believe she is serious about the uow site but gut is not a business thing to follow

Great_Expectations

I’m sure there are a handful who would be NOPM/Anti SISU until they go, but on the whole the Anti SISU/NOPM stuff was hot air and a reason people could justify not going to support the team.

Ideal world we’d probably all like them gone, but they’ve ensured we’ve retained our most successful manager in recent history (who has repeatedly backed the owners), and as a byproduct of our on pitch successes, are currently overseeing a period of relative stability and fantastic club/player/fan relations.

Grendel

I’m sure there are a handful who would be NOPM/Anti SISU until they go, but on the whole the Anti SISU/NOPM stuff was hot air and a reason people could justify not going to support the team.

Ideal world we’d probably all like them gone, but they’ve ensured we’ve retained our most successful manager in recent history (who has repeatedly backed the owners), and as a byproduct of our on pitch successes, are currently overseeing a period of relative stability and fantastic club/player/fan relations.

they’ve ensured nothing regarding Robins and that’s not even a criticism of him. Any manager wants to leave any club - they do

lordy_87

I was one of the many who during the Northampton era were NOPM and it definitely was not just an excuse to not support the team. I did away games but didn't visit Sixfields once. Why would you want to give your hard earned money to a set of owners who decided to take it's club outside of it's city? They ran the club disastrously with not one care for the supporters and I couldn't bring myself to hand them money. They were destroying the club.

Grendel

I was one of the many who during the Northampton era were NOPM and it definitely was not just an excuse to not support the team. I did away games but didn't visit Sixfields once. Why would you want to give your hard earned money to a set of owners who decided to take it's club outside of it's city? They ran the club disastrously with not one care for the supporters and I couldn't bring myself to hand them money. They were destroying the club.

The Northampton move at least made strategic sense and was a plan. After that she’s looked like Captain Manwairing - she’s lurched from one revenge campaign to another and failed every time

Gynnsthetonic

Who is out there to buy a championship club that can just about muster up 16000 home fans in a ground they don't own and controlled by the Council/Wasp. Preston Haskell 4th, Gary Hoffman lol, look at the owners of Forest, Derby, Blackburn, Hull, Wigan, Reading, Sheffield Wed etc all toxic, unfortunately owners like Leicesters are just not that easy to find. Better the devil you know I say!

Brighton Sky Blue

Who is out there to buy a championship club that can just about muster up 16000 home fans in a ground they don't own and controlled by the Council/Wasp. Preston Haskell 4th, Gary Hoffman lol, look at the owners of Forest, Derby, Blackburn, Hull, Wigan, Reading, Sheffield Wed etc all toxic, unfortunately owners like Leicesters are just not that easy to find. Better the devil you know I say!

And even then Sepalla would be asking for money no sane rich person would ever give

Great_Expectations

they’ve ensured nothing regarding Robins and that’s not even a criticism of him. Any manager wants to leave any club - they do

He’s still here, and progressing the team. His stock is high and he’s in a strong bargaining position, so it’s not a leap to assume he’s received some assurances.

Plus, we know at least one club were interested and he was offered an improved contract almost immediately.

skyblue1991

They agreed the rent - knowing we’d lose money
Did they have that much of a choice when it was Wasps that essential forced the club out unless we wanted to sign something that would've been catastrophic?

The move to Northampton was a SISU plan to distress the council and force the council to sell the Ricoh to SISU, it's not SISU's fault the council sold the stadium to Wasps though?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Did they have that much of a choice when it was Wasps that essential forced the club out unless we wanted to sign something that would've been catastrophic?

The move to Northampton was a SISU plan to distress the council and force the council to sell the Ricoh to SISU, it's not SISU's fault the council sold the stadium to Wasps though?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
You had 2 cows fighting against each other the stronger one won.
One was bluffing the other one wasn't.
Joy fucked around with OUR football club not giving a fuck about anyone selfish cow.
Serious question did she even know where Coventry was before she decided to buy us?

D

Deleted member 2477

Spot on but you still wont educate the uneducated

Grendel

Serious question did she even know where Coventry was before she decided to buy us?

Well she tried Man City, Aston Villa and Southampton first so I would say no. It was a short term investment (which to be fair they were fairly honest about) that blew up in her face

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What SISU have done in terms of CCFC finances is to run the club as a normal business. It seems to me all football clubs should look at and abide by that concept (not of course the associated legal scheming etc).

It is not some sort of financial epiphany, they havent suddenly learnt how to run the club they have been here best part of 14 years they have known the club inside and out for a very long time. Its not a magic trick this season. They allowed the club to go down to rebuild (leaving aside the schemes/attempts to obtain the stadium). They know how to run business, and CCFC has been run in the same financial manner as now for the past 7 years at least.

What is different is that the team is succeeding. Wonder if the feel around the club would have been the same had the team been struggling, the legal scheming been continuing but finances run the same way? I doubt it

I am content that the finances are well run. where that takes the team ? well what will be will be. I haven't forgotten all that went on, but life is too short to keep going over and over old ground. Does that mean i trust Joy & SISU? absolutely not. I remain healthily sceptical of anything she or SISU do.

Sky Blue Pete

What SISU have done in terms of CCFC finances is to run the club as a normal business. It seems to me all football clubs should look at and abide by that concept (not of course the associated legal scheming etc).

It is not some sort of financial epiphany, they havent suddenly learnt how to run the club they have been here best part of 14 years they have known the club inside and out for a very long time. Its not a magic trick this season. They allowed the club to go down to rebuild (leaving aside the schemes/attempts to obtain the stadium). They know how to run business, and CCFC has been run in the same financial manner as now for the past 7 years at least.

What is different is that the team is succeeding. Wonder if the feel around the club would have been the same had the team been struggling, the legal scheming been continuing but finances run the same way? I doubt it

I am content that the finances are well run. where that takes the team ? well what will be will be. I haven't forgotten all that went on, but life is too short to keep going over and over old ground. Does that mean i trust Joy & SISU? absolutely not. I remain healthily sceptical of anything she or SISU do.
Yep but if my mother had wheels she would be a bike. By that I mean we have been and are currently being successful

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Yes Pete. But the point i was making was win or lose success or failure the club would be run financially exactly the same way as it has been for at least the last 7 years. But many fans would wrongly imo see the financial management differently depending on success or failure of the team when reality is nothing has changed in that management method

Sky Blue Pete

Yes Pete. But the point i was making was win or lose success or failure the club would be run financially exactly the same way as it has been for at least the last 7 years. But many fans would wrongly imo see the financial management differently depending on success or failure of the team when reality is nothing has changed in that management method
And it’s a point well made

lifeskyblue

I can’t let bygones be bygones…SISU taking the club out of the City was almost the death knell for club and fans. I didn’t go to Northampton but did to st Andrew’s. And we are still no nearer to building our own ground…no one surprised
Having said that we do seem to be more stable than many clubs in the football league and the management of that side has improved immeasurably. Perhaps SISU got it right in us having to rebuild from the bottom. Of course we sell players to Improve finances (what football team outside the top few don’t) but to be fair the manager has been allowed to reinvest some of the monies from sales. Finally the owners have allowed Robins to get on with the running of the team and developing a style that has proved exciting (at times) and delivered improvement yr on yr. I hope they are wise enough to stick with him if we have a blip and are shrewd enough to invest a little more should we realistically be in with a chance of promotion (not throw money at it but just upgrade one or two positions ).
From being in the doldrums about the future a few years ago I am now fairly content with where my football team is at present and can dream of even better times ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread