Ann lucas wins (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

An award for outstanding achievement for the city ..................what a load of bollocks!

Nick

Administrator
Probably the same judges who awarded CCFC that award when we were at Sixfields.

Sky Blue Pete

Look at what she's done you clowns and then say thanks for the many years of service or not. That's entirely up to you as for me I will say thanks

Grendel

Look at what she's done you clowns and then say thanks for the many years of service or not. That's entirely up to you as for me I will say thanks

What has Anne Lucas ever done for this City? Her lasting heritage will be the damage done to over a century of sporting heritage.

If Lucas had any respect or dignity she would have resigned her position as leader after he role in the debacle. However, one suspects such qualities are not natural bedfellows with Anne Lucas.

Grendel

I guess not. Political party line or policies maybe ?
I would say though that the majority of ratepayers would take her view on the Ricoh if they really could be bothered with the facts.

The majority wouldn't give a fuck. Over 80% of the electorate didn't even vote for her last time.

As for facts - what facts? Those hidden behind un-minuted clandestine meetings and commercial confidentiality?

italiahorse

Says the man who doesn't live in the City. Have you polled all 330k voters? Is everyone happy with Ann :pointlaugh:

Not my job to poll people, that will happen in May.
People are unhappy with a lot of things she has done but I would guess most are with her on the Ricoh decision.

Sky Blue Pete

30 years of public service grendel. What have you done? What's the view like from the cheap seats where you do nothing to help your fellow citizens? Her years of service are what the awards for

italiahorse

The majority wouldn't give a fuck. Over 80% of the electorate didn't even vote for her last time.

As for facts - what facts? Those hidden behind un-minuted clandestine meetings and commercial confidentiality?

I can't see much of a fuss about it. People are more concerned about real issues that effect them than business issues like the Ricoh.

Moff

Not my job to poll people, that will happen in May.
People are unhappy with a lot of things she has done but I would guess most are with her on the Ricoh decision.

Seriously you write this stuff and what it is based on? What factual evidence do you have that 'most are with her'

I haven't met one person yet who lives in the City, supporter of the club or not who doesn't have reservations, or deep mistrust, over the deal with Wasps.

Sky Blue Pete

Really pisses me off people passing judgement on those who've put themselves forward to serve and have no intention of stepping up themselves. Disagree politically or with decisions but acknowledge her service that's what the award is for.

italiahorse

What has Anne Lucas ever done for this City? Her lasting heritage will be the damage done to over a century of sporting heritage.

If Lucas had any respect or dignity she would have resigned her position as leader after he role in the debacle. However, one suspects such qualities are not natural bedfellows with Anne Lucas.

The Ricoh may be a big issue for us but nobody else gives a toss.

Moff

Really pisses me off people passing judgement on those who've put themselves forward to serve and have no intention of stepping up themselves. Disagree politically or with decisions but acknowledge her service that's what the award is for.

Theres plenty of others who have served and never got such recognition. Why the hell does she deserve it more than them. She is about as much use as a fucking chocolate teapot.

Moff

The Ricoh may be a big issue for us but nobody else gives a toss.

Wrong. A lot of non fans give a toss as well, especially with yet more cuts and job losses, they wonder why Coventry liked to financially assist a London Rugby team.

Grendel

30 years of public service grendel. What have you done? What's the view like from the cheap seats where you do nothing to help your fellow citizens? Her years of service are what the awards for

So her "service" is to play her role in creating a monstrosity of a city centre, abject failure to gain any inward investment or regeneration and leave us light years behind most other cities in the midlands?

Fantastic. The local radio today was suggested as should get exited that a Japanese noodle chain is moving into cathedral lanes. It's been in every other major city for years.

still we get what we deserve when we elect people who show no interest in heritage and fail to see its integral value to a local community.

fernandopartridge

That's what democracy is all about. Local politicians should be able to take criticism. They have after all put themselves forward.

tuousis

How the hell can you write that,after what SISU have done to the club i have supported for 70 years. whats your name.

italiahorse

Seriously you write this stuff and what it is based on? What factual evidence do you have that 'most are with her'

I haven't met one person yet who lives in the City, supporter of the club or not who doesn't have reservations, or deep mistrust, over the deal with Wasps.

Go to a Wasps match and talk to Coventry people.

Grendel

How the hell can you write that,after what SISU have done to the club i have supported for 70 years. whats your name.

She is a public servant - not a hedge fund. The councils treatment of this club has been a disgrace.

italiahorse

Wrong. A lot of non fans give a toss as well, especially with yet more cuts and job losses, they wonder why Coventry liked to financially assist a London Rugby team.

They took the best deal at the time rather than risk the Ricoh freehold. If they believe anything else they are not well briefed.

Grendel

They took the best deal at the time rather than risk the Ricoh freehold. If they believe anything else they are not well briefed.

Please instead of spouting your usual inane bullshit explain how this city will benefit from retaining the freehold and the difference in a freehold and a 250 year lease.

Moff

Go to a Wasps match and talk to Coventry people.

No thanks wouldn't go to watch that shower of shit and I am not a bandwagoner.

I have spoken to many people in the city who don't go to Wasps games, you know how you like to quote the 7,000 City fans, well I will use the 7,000 or so bandwagoners from the city that go to wasps games, and you know there's a lot more ratepayer's in the city than them, and most who I speak to have deep reservations'. Dress it up how you want but your opinion is misguided.

You know for someone who moans so much about wasps being thrown into discussions you seem to do it all the time.

Moff

Bloody hell you believe your own shit.

Some of those I have spoken to are extremely well versed, you pompous twat

Sky Blue Pete

Loads of people get recognition and I think most people would disagree she doesn't deserve it. And anyway put yourself up do a full time job in your spare time for very little thanks and then come back and debate whether she deserves some recognition.

Sky Blue Pete

I have the privilege of knowing a number of our councillors personally and they do a fabulous service to the people of coventry. Talking about investment grebdel you obviously missed the recent study where civentry came 10th over the last 5 years for economic growth. I suppose you are one of these everything is shit from Coventry sort rather than taking Pride in out city being known around the world for land rover and peace and reconciliation

Grendel

Loads of people get recognition and I think most people would disagree she doesn't deserve it. And anyway put yourself up do a full time job in your spare time for very little thanks and then come back and debate whether she deserves some recognition.

So the fact you do it deserves recognition? So every councillor deserves it and none should be scrutinised?

Sorry that's bollocks. She had spat in the face of this city and has treated the electorate with casual contempt.

She should be forced out of office - she has demonstrated she is not fit for purpose.

fernandopartridge

And in fairness to Lucas she can be voted out. Same can't be said for the officers of the council who provide advice and information to councillors.

Moff

I do a full time job, as well as voluntary unpaid work that I feel is far more worthy than what she does. I don't want recognition, I don't get expenses like her, I just enjoy what I do, and am not a self serving arse like she is.

Users who are viewing this thread