Ann lucas wins (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Course we should look at decisions made grebdel it's just others, not least the people giving this award disagree with you and your thoughts when all things are considered

Sutty

The funny thing is, if asked to support either politicians or bankers most people would run a mile. Throw CCFC in there and people jump to the defence of one or the other. Can't we just call both groups bastards, like we would in normal life, and get on with it?

Great_Expectations

Accusations of posters being "plants" are often thrown around on here. I always took them with a pinch of salt, until this thread.

I would propose a number of covers have been blown today.

bigfatronssba

I never realised until lately how arrogant some CCFC fans are. Whoever has bestowed this award looks at all issues, not just things that affect a 3rd division football club. The world doesn't revolve around CCFC ffs.

This award obviously has nothing whatsoever to do with the football club, more to do with the city as a whole.

I'm not a Labour voter so have no reason to defend her. However when you all start moaning about this award, because she has done one thing you don't like, that just happens to relate to the football club, you make yourselves sound like a bunch of moronic football yobs.

We as CCFC fans are better than this, don't let yourselves down. We're not Milwall.

fernandopartridge

I never realised until lately how arrogant some CCFC fans are. Whoever has bestowed this award looks at all issues, not just things that affect a 3rd division football club. The world doesn't revolve around CCFC ffs.

This award obviously has nothing whatsoever to do with the football club, more to do with the city as a whole.

I'm not a Labour voter so have no reason to defend her. However when you all start moaning about this award, because she has done one thing you don't like, that just happens to relate to the football club, you make yourselves sound like a bunch of moronic football yobs.

We as CCFC fans are better than this, don't let yourselves down. We're not Milwall.

What an absolute wet blanket you really are.

JimmyHillsbeard

They took the best deal at the time rather than risk the Ricoh freehold. If they believe anything else they are not well briefed.

Maybe taking the decision to sell ACL to London Wasps Holdings behind closed doors in a private session of a council meeting, and the council's subsequent admission that they got the viability of ACL without the football club so badly wrong contribute to the public being 'not well briefed'.

italiahorse

Case proven ?

bigfatronssba

You know, when you throw personal insults around like that, it usually means you have no counter argument to what I posted.

You disagree with me because you think you have to, but basically don't know why.

When you resort to personal insults it only makes one person look bad, you. Decent posters wont think I'm a "wet blanket" because of you posting that. But they will think of you as being a rude man who couldn't present an alternative to what I have said.

So I am actually quite pleased you replied in such a way.

Hobo

She is a public servant - not a hedge fund. The councils treatment of this club has been a disgrace.

At least she is not anonymous money laundering and tax evasion :eek:

Hobo

And in fairness to Lucas she can be voted out. Same can't be said for the officers of the council who provide advice and information to councillors.

Neither can SISU so it seems.

Hobo

The majority wouldn't give a fuck. Over 80% of the electorate didn't even vote for her last time.

As for facts - what facts? Those hidden behind un-minuted clandestine meetings and commercial confidentiality?

You are right they don't give a fuck. They didn't vote against her either :cool::cool: what fact? So what facts are you basing your assumptions on....SISU deliberately lost the JR :pointlaugh:

italiahorse

Maybe taking the decision to sell ACL to London Wasps Holdings behind closed doors in a private session of a council meeting, and the council's subsequent admission that they got the viability of ACL without the football club so badly wrong contribute to the public being 'not well briefed'.

Agree. But even councils are subject to confidentiality clauses.
I have asked the council for certain details of the deal via a Freedom of Information request and have a lengthy email stating why the information is not available to the public.
The information was available to all the councillors prior to the vote and sometimes you just need to trust the publics decision of putting them in the job in the first place.
A few people are still looking for the smoking gun but we just need to move on.
I assume a lot of the details will come out in Wasps/ACL accounts next year anyway.

JimmyHillsbeard

The information was available to all the councillors prior to the vote and sometimes you just need to trust the publics decision of putting them in the job in the first place.

Right but trust has to be earned. How do we know they properly scrutinised the information they were given? They clearly didn't when told that ACL was "washing its face"!

Hobo

Right but trust has to be earned. How do we know they properly scrutinised the information they were given? They clearly didn't when told that ACL was "washing its face"!

We don't and even if we did theirs, yours and my opinion could be different. It's like trying to decide if SISU carried out due diligence properly? Or all those meetings and negotiations they had with ACL?

It it works both ways....and either way you and I will always be in the dark.

one thing that was made public....SISU we don't want the Ricoh we are building our own....several times pre and post Wasps deal. That might have influenced things?

bigfatronssba

The fact that people wilfully omit the cultural impact a football club has on a place beyond those who go to the games is distressing.

Even more so on a CCFC forum.

But see the problem is, CCFC is either a cultural asset, or a private business.

If its a cultural asset, CCC would be right to try and force an ownership change of CCFC if they thought it was in the interest of the city. Yet the mere suggestion on here that they were trying that resulted in them being slated on here by some.

fernandopartridge

We don't and even if we did theirs, yours and my opinion could be different. It's like trying to decide if SISU carried out due diligence properly? Or all those meetings and negotiations they had with ACL?

It it works both ways....and either way you and I will always be in the dark.

one thing that was made public....SISU we don't want the Ricoh we are building our own....several times pre and post Wasps deal. That might have influenced things?

Are you saying that a statement in an interview with local media carries more weight than the direct letter from JS to AL written last November. You know, the one where JS did say that SISU would consider a long lease?

Has anybody got a link to one interview were a return to the Ricoh is categorically ruled out?

Sky Blue Pete

Citation reads. For her outstanding contribution to the City of Coventry for 20 years as an elected member, serving as its first female leader of the City council. Her work on domestic violence issues received national recognition when she was awarded an obe in hm the queen honours list 2014 and her role at the local government association as chair of the safer neighbourhoods group and national domestic violence champion. Thank you ann. Up yours grendel

NorthernWisdom

Exactly the same positive reaction to Wasps then ?

No, because the idea of heritage, tradition and identity is clearly lost on you.

Tell you what, let's knock down the cathedral and replace it with a Lidl. Who needs a transport museum when we can have an adventure park there? Who needs the Herbert when we can have a zombie apocalypse arena.

The signifiers that go into making space, place, do not come into being at the flick of a finger. They take time to build, the foundations of time are vastly underestimated.

But that's the whole problem with our city isn't it, it never lets things get old before embarking on another Brave New World, and all the time it forgets what it is.

oldfiver

30 years of public service grendel. What have you done? What's the view like from the cheap seats where you do nothing to help your fellow citizens? Her years of service are what the awards for

Surely she was highly remunerated and building a safeguarded pension pot during that period?

Hobo

Are you saying that a statement in an interview with local media carries more weight than the direct letter from JS to AL written last November. You know, the one where JS did say that SISU would consider a long lease?

Has anybody got a link to one interview were a return to the Ricoh is categorically ruled out?

I am saying they have never been consistent with their statements in public or in private, so the public perception they have created is down to them. Playing Hard Ball and trying to call bluff all the time can backfire. SISU created their own stratergy, they played it out, blew their own trumpet, then it blew up in their face.

Yes I am angry, because it is the football team you and I support. But don't expect me to come over all sympathetic for them. Public enquiry? Why not? I await a few more court cases anyway!

fernandopartridge

I am saying they have never been consistent with their statements in public or in private, so the public perception they have created is down to them. Playing Hard Ball and trying to call bluff all the time can backfire. SISU created their own stratergy, they played it out, blew their own trumpet, then it blew up in their face.

Yes I am angry, because it is the football team you and I support. But don't expect me to come over all sympathetic for them. Public enquiry? Why not? I await a few more court cases anyway!

The desire for public accountability isn't sympathy with SISU.

bigfatronssba

Surely she was highly remunerated and building a safeguarded pension pot during that period?

That depends on what positions of authority she held during that time. Backbench councillors earn relatively little.

oakey

I think councillors are unpaid and can only claim expenses.
before anyone jumps in these are audited and the amounts published, I believe.

Moff

You know, when you throw personal insults around like that, it usually means you have no counter argument to what I posted.

You disagree with me because you think you have to, but basically don't know why.

When you resort to personal insults it only makes one person look bad, you. Decent posters wont think I'm a "wet blanket" because of you posting that. But they will think of you as being a rude man who couldn't present an alternative to what I have said.

So I am actually quite pleased you replied in such a way.

I know it wasnt me that this post was aimed at it was Fernando, but do you not think by your outstanding pomposity and arrogance that it led him to insult you?

People can dislike Ann Lucas for a variety of reasons but you pompously think its all about CCFC. Whilst it has an affect I dislike her as I presume others may, for a variety of other reasons some you couldnt even inherently begin to undrestand.

To label fans thugs and yobs because they dont have your blinkeredness is what causes the insults, as does labelling only those that agree with your utter tosh as 'decent'.

Worst of all though is presuming that someone insults you because they think they have to. What small minded petty idiocy is that. He insulted you because he thought you are a wet blanket, and beacuse you cant deal with his differing opinion you flounce off on one.
Oh and I presume you missed the irony of taking someone to task for insults whilst throwing your own about in your original post. :pointlaugh:

quinn1971

Citation reads. For her outstanding contribution to the City of Coventry for 20 years as an elected member, serving as its first female leader of the City council. Her work on domestic violence issues received national recognition when she was awarded an obe in hm the queen honours list 2014 and her role at the local government association as chair of the safer neighbourhoods group and national domestic violence champion. Thank you ann. Up yours grendel

After she gifted our football ground to wasps I'm guessing domestic violence cases went up, she may have done some good things in the past but she'll always be remembered for screwing the fans over, she's no different to seppala, both have helped ruin our club, only difference is lucas has got away with it,

JimmyHillsbeard

Oakey beat me to link. £13k basic allowance plus special allowances. The leader got £34k in allowances in 2013-14.

I'm not against these by the way.

tuousis

She is a public servant - not a hedge fund. The councils treatment of this club has been a disgrace.
Council is about its ratepayers, The fooball club owners look after the team and its supporters,in most cases anyway.I have always paid for my ticket. you talk like a boy with no value.

Users who are viewing this thread