Ann lucas wins (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

I know it wasnt me that this post was aimed at it was Fernando, but do you not think by your outstanding pomposity and arrogance that it led him to insult you?

People can dislike Ann Lucas for a variety of reasons but you pompously think its all about CCFC. Whilst it has an affect I dislike her as I presume others may, for a variety of other reasons some you couldnt even inherently begin to undrestand.

To label fans thugs and yobs because they dont have your blinkeredness is what causes the insults, as does labelling only those that agree with your utter tosh as 'decent'.

Worst of all though is presuming that someone insults you because they think they have to. What small minded petty idiocy is that. He insulted you because he thought you are a wet blanket, and beacuse you cant deal with his differing opinion you flounce off on one.
Oh and I presume you missed the irony of taking someone to task for insults whilst throwing your own about in your original post. :pointlaugh:

Ok, well first of all I too am allowed an opinion, and I never denied anyones right to have one.

Yes people can dislike Ann Lucas for a variety of reasons, yet the thread that I was responding to was dominated by Wasps/ACL talk, so you'll have to forgive me for replying to the subjects in the current thread.

As for football yobs, a definition of a football yob is someone who cares only about their football club and don't care who or what get trampled on in the process. (At no point did I use the word thug so not sure where you got that from).

Again I never mentioned that people have to agree with me for me to consider them "decent". All I ask is for personal insults to be left aside. Someone who uses personal insults to win an argument is someone who has lost the argument IMO.

We are of course perfectly entitled to personally dislike anyone we want to. Hence if he wants to think someone he has met is a wet blanket then that is up to him. But ask yourself this, what sort of person dislikes someone they have never met? His entire judgement of me is based on my opinions. Do you think it is reasonable to dislike someone for having an opinion? What harm have I ever caused him?

Finally I took someone to task for personal insults, I personally insulted no one. Name calling each other for having a different is not the hallmark of a civilised society.

Moff

Ok, well first of all I too am allowed an opinion, and I never denied anyones right to have one.

Yes people can dislike Ann Lucas for a variety of reasons, yet the thread that I was responding to was dominated by Wasps/ACL talk, so you'll have to forgive me for replying to the subjects in the current thread.

As for football yobs, a definition of a football yob is someone who cares only about their football club and don't care who or what get trampled on in the process. (At no point did I use the word thug so not sure where you got that from).

Again I never mentioned that people have to agree with me for me to consider them "decent". All I ask is for personal insults to be left aside. Someone who uses personal insults to win an argument is someone who has lost the argument IMO.

We are of course perfectly entitled to personally dislike anyone we want to. Hence if he wants to think someone he has met is a wet blanket then that is up to him. But ask yourself this, what sort of person dislikes someone they have never met? His entire judgement of me is based on my opinions. Do you think it is reasonable to dislike someone for having an opinion? What harm have I ever caused him?

Finally I took someone to task for personal insults, I personally insulted no one. Name calling each other for having a different is not the hallmark of a civilised society.

Whereas we dont always agree on issues, I wanted to say I appreciated your response.

fernandopartridge

I wasn't calling you a wet blanket to win an argument - it was merely an observation.

italiahorse

No, because the idea of heritage, tradition and identity is clearly lost on you.

Tell you what, let's knock down the cathedral and replace it with a Lidl. Who needs a transport museum when we can have an adventure park there? Who needs the Herbert when we can have a zombie apocalypse arena.

The signifiers that go into making space, place, do not come into being at the flick of a finger. They take time to build, the foundations of time are vastly underestimated.

But that's the whole problem with our city isn't it, it never lets things get old before embarking on another Brave New World, and all the time it forgets what it is.

But Wasps being here changes nothing in that respect. It's in addition to CCFC who are still here. Poor argument.

bigfatronssba

I wasn't calling you a wet blanket to win an argument - it was merely an observation.

But you don't know me, you have no idea of my personality.

Other than my opinions on here, what are you basing that observation on?

hill83

His entire judgement of me is based on my opinions. Do you think it is reasonable to dislike someone for having an opinion?

I judge people based on their opinions and if it's an opinion I don't agree with I have the right to dislike them.

Example: Dave thinks all dogs should be kicked to death.

Result: hill83 doesn't like Dave.

bigfatronssba

I judge people based on their opinions and if it's an opinion I don't agree with I have the right to dislike them.

Example: Dave thinks all dogs should be kicked to death.

Result: hill83 doesn't like Dave.

But that's a pretty extreme opinion. Perhaps I should have then said mainstream opinion.

bigfatronssba

My point is I'd prefer to be judged on my opinions over anything else.

I prefer to judge someone on the type of person they are. That can have nothing to do with their opinions.

Ian1779

30 years of public service grendel. What have you done? What's the view like from the cheap seats where you do nothing to help your fellow citizens? Her years of service are what the awards for

There are hundreds of thousands of people that have put in public service like that as teachers and nurses. You know the people that actually make a fucking difference to other people's lives.

Maybe their achievements should be recognised (which go far beyond hers lets be honest) instead of giving her some kind of acknowledgement for the mess she'll leave as her legacy.

She could at least do the decent thing and fuck off quietly.

lordsummerisle

I prefer to judge someone on the type of person they are. That can have nothing to do with their opinions.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Anne Lucas's work for battered women, hence why she had such strong views on the King signing, and she deserves the award because it recognises that work.

I seem to recall that you didn't agree with her on that, so no doubt you're not too keen on her getting this award?

Sky Blue Pete

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Anne Lucas's work for battered women, hence why she had such strong views on the King signing, and she deserves the award because it recognises that work.

I seem to recall that you didn't agree with her on that, so no doubt you're not too keen on her getting this award?

Well said Lord

Wheelfass

Originally Posted by covcity4life

council clowns buying votes.

despicable

I'd piss myself if you got taken to the cleaners for your slander.

Hold a view; yes. But articulate it better than that FFS
Lucky we got 5 words out of him. Still not quite a line out of the "thicko" king of the one line insults though.

bigfatronssba

Yes you're right that I disagreed with her on King, but that doesn't really make any difference.

Do I have to agree with everything someone does in their life in order to think they deserve recognition for their efforts?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm in two minds on this one. Lucas has done some work that seems exceptional, and perhaps this should be recognised. And it's a shame if many years of good cause endeavour are ignored by some in light of the Ricoh fiasco.

On the other hand, councillors are sycophantic in their self-congratulatory back-slapping. Makes me sick. Naming car parks or streets after each other. Maybe my view is tainted by the lunacy evidenced in Rugby in recent times?!?

Sky Blue Pete

Excellejy summary mmm. I think the first. I know some fabulous people who have and are going to have to make harder decisions over the next 12-18 months than what to name new streets and they didbt get into local politics to cut services to the most vulnerable but they did choose to put themselves in that position by standing. I think a thanks is good. The other people who got awards included a lady who has fostered 1200 children, now there's a local hero all would agree with receiving an honour

LB87ccfc

Unsure why many on here are up in arms about her winning an award, after all I was the first on here during our ridiculous move to Northampton that the council would end up playing a major part in the Ricoh row and fuck us over, and no one gave a fuck then, so why is everyone up in arms now.

hill83

Unsure why many on here are up in arms about her winning an award, after all I was the first on here during our ridiculous move to Northampton that the council would end up playing a major part in the Ricoh row and fuck us over, and no one gave a fuck then, so why is everyone up in arms now.

Because back then it was the ramblings of a mad man and now it turns out it was true.

I'm not up in arms myself anyway. Fair play to her.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, they own the place. It was always going to be the case they'd play a significant role in how things panned out. But, and I hate to drag you back to this central point; Fisher claimed, and still claims he's building a new stadium. In light of that, I struggle to see how you think CCC have 'fucked over' the football club in then promoting this 'unwanted' ( wasn't it 'shabby') asset elsewhere.

Unless you also hold the view that Fisher is lying. In which case, I wonder how you expect the council to cut a deal with someone shaping negotiations and behaving like this?

I can't see how anyone can candidly hold both views?!?

rondog1973

She is a public servant - not a hedge fund. The councils treatment of this club has been a disgrace.
Yet again, conveniently failing to make the distinction between club owners and club. It's something you consistently, lamentably, hilariously do to suit you're tired and frail argument.

One small consolation in this whole sorry affair is the delicious irony of Sisu's distressing tactic working but actually making their objective a million miles more unobtainable, something I think Lucas should be applauded for.

And before the Life of Brian mob pile in with their usual hysterics, maybe consider Sisu's conduct since the Wasps sale. Rather than attempt to forge a good relationship with the new stadium owners in order to obtain a good rental deal, they've pursued the only path they know taking the club to the Courthouse once more.

This, now, surely demonstrates it's their modus operandi. Even if they had have obtained a similar deal to the one Wasps have, what reason have we to disbelieve that a pursuit of the freehold via litigation and lawsuit would not have ensued, with the actual 'club' the least of their considerations.

LB87ccfc

Well, they own the place. It was always going to be the case they'd play a significant role in how things panned out. But, and I hate to drag you back to this central point; Fisher claimed, and still claims he's building a new stadium. In light of that, I struggle to see how you think CCC have 'fucked over' the football club.

Unless you also hold the view that Fisher is lying. In which case, I wonder how you expect the council to cut a deal with someone shaping negotiations and behaving like this?

I can't see how anyone can candidly hold both views?!?

Its obvious Fisher is lying, I just merely stated that the council were up to something and would play a part in this mess but was laughed out of town, no one laughing now though are they.

Anyway, the Council acted like cunts during negotiations just as much as Sisu did.

Both as bad as eachother in this sorry mess.

LB87ccfc

I think its quite funny how Lucas said she was a Coventry City fan, yet plays a major part in putting one of the final nails in the coffin.

Sky Blue Pete

The only legitimate way is if you think the CCc should have out waited sisu and then dealt with any new owners of the football club mmm. Candidly I think some people in CCc think the club us beyond saving and sisu aren't leaving any time soon. I think I agree

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Its obvious Fisher is lying, I just merely stated that the council were up to something and would play a part in this mess but was laughed out of town, no one laughing now though are they.

Anyway, the Council acted like cunts during negotiations just as much as Sisu did.

Both as bad as eachother in this sorry mess.

They're not as bad as each other - that's clear. Unless SISU took the aggressive course of action they did, from the rent strike to the move to Northampton to this continuing farce with building a new ground; ACL/CCC would have nowhere to go. They have been wholly reactive to SISU's agenda, as was pretty much concluded by successive judges

hill83

The only legitimate way is if you think the CCc should have out waited sisu and then dealt with any new owners of the football club mmm. Candidly I think some people in CCc think the club us beyond saving and sisu aren't leaving any time soon. I think I agree

You think you agree with something that you think people think? Amazing.

hill83

What do you think? I used to be decisive now I'm not so sure

I think that certain people think certain things although I'm not sure if I think I'm certain. Thinking about it I think that I think that I agree with what I think they are thinking, thinking about it. I think.

Users who are viewing this thread