An outsiders perspective.. (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Sorry but when I go to Cov matches, and granted it's not every game, he is hardly ever on the teamsheet. Just because it doesn't instantly click like it did with Marlon king and Mcgoldrick that means he gets slung on the bench for eternity. Im sorry but he deserves better and every single club he's been at prior to Coventry would agree.
But you didn't start him, you didnt teust hik with an extended run in the side, he only got regular game time at Gillingham.

He actually started the 7 games of the season, so was obviously given a chance.

ncfcfan

Come off it. He played the first 4 games of the season really. Scored in the first game of the season. Scored again against blues. So thats 2 in 4. Then gets dropped because Mcgoldrick comes in and has barely played since. Fair?

wingy

King certainly never hit the ground running ncfcfan..I'm of similar opinion to you when it comes to a run of starts for CM,all his appearances have come in short trunkated spells,my recolection is he scored 2 in 4 form 8 real chances ,then like all of them went off the boil when the manager went.We're messing with him psychologically when he may end up the one we rely on come january.it was the same when he arrived but he was unfit then and subsequently injured so got just a few games at a time .Think we should percevere or were wasting £400k.

psgm1

Banned
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SkyBlue_Taylor
I agree, I think Barton and Fleck, if given more game, will flourish.

You are of course joking aren't you? They will flourish? - At what? Certainly not football. Central midfield role is all about strength flair and leadership and effort. Fleck fails on all counts. I couldn't believe they signed him after his trial game against Hinckley. He was one of the worst if not the worst players on the pitch! The only reason I could see this being a good deal was if Rangers paid cov to take him off their hands.

And how on earth Robins isn't playing Garner I will never know. The lad is hungry, has pace, and most important of all vision. Yet he is being kept out by the likes of Fleck. I'm sure Fleck is a nice guy, but so was my nan - and I wouldn't pick her to play either.

There are an awful lot of questions Robins has been asked and has failed to answer. How can it be argued that he has turned the team around - yet they STILL cannot playfor 90 mins or hold on to a lead? How can it be claimed baker is an inspired choice as skipper, yet say it is a team effort when it comes to DM?

Every time DM has had a relatively poor performance (bar 1 game) cov have either lost outright or lost the lead! If it were 1 game this could be argued, but nearly 20 games? It CANNOT be a coincidence!

Even when they have managed to get points, it has been helped in no small part by generous refs or exceedingly poor performances from the opposing team.

It will be interesting to see if the run of results continue against teams in the upper end of the league. Cov have for the most part got points only from the bottom few clubs. Someone posted a few days ago and said cov are on track for a 14th-15th position. And he is probably about right if they continue this run.

But considering this team is supposedly one of the best teams inj this league on paper - surely 14th 15th is simply not good enough. If its true that the team is valued at around 4-5 mill (SiSU's values so take with a pinch of salt) then it is a pathetic return.

If the form holds on for a month or 2 after DM goes then the call that Robins has turned the team around would almost certainly have merit, but right now, Id say bar for DM - NOTHING has changed since he arrived - they have just played teams even worse - hardly a ringing endorsement!

pusbccfc

I think a Cody on form will bag plenty. Gets into some great positions. Just like the goal he scored when it was disallowed a few weeks back.

I like Norwich. Very nice City, good shopping and friendly people.
I've always said the promotion game a few years back was one of the loudest games I've been to. Immense atmosphere!

Nick

Administrator
Another half decent player. half decent EXPENSIVE player. Remember he scored on his debut against us. Always gave us trouble did Freddy.

When he had that decent run I remember he got a hat trick with about 5 or 6 goals in 7 games I think but then another striker got fit and came back in.

Mucca Mad Boys

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SkyBlue_Taylor
I agree, I think Barton and Fleck, if given more game, will flourish.

You are of course joking aren't you? They will flourish? - At what? Certainly not football. Central midfield role is all about strength flair and leadership and effort. Fleck fails on all counts. I couldn't believe they signed him after his trial game against Hinckley. He was one of the worst if not the worst players on the pitch! The only reason I could see this being a good deal was if Rangers paid cov to take him off their hands.

And how on earth Robins isn't playing Garner I will never know. The lad is hungry, has pace, and most important of all vision. Yet he is being kept out by the likes of Fleck. I'm sure Fleck is a nice guy, but so was my nan - and I wouldn't pick her to play either.

There are an awful lot of questions Robins has been asked and has failed to answer. How can it be argued that he has turned the team around - yet they STILL cannot playfor 90 mins or hold on to a lead? How can it be claimed baker is an inspired choice as skipper, yet say it is a team effort when it comes to DM?

Every time DM has had a relatively poor performance (bar 1 game) cov have either lost outright or lost the lead! If it were 1 game this could be argued, but nearly 20 games? It CANNOT be a coincidence!

Even when they have managed to get points, it has been helped in no small part by generous refs or exceedingly poor performances from the opposing team.

It will be interesting to see if the run of results continue against teams in the upper end of the league. Cov have for the most part got points only from the bottom few clubs. Someone posted a few days ago and said cov are on track for a 14th-15th position. And he is probably about right if they continue this run.

But considering this team is supposedly one of the best teams inj this league on paper - surely 14th 15th is simply not good enough. If its true that the team is valued at around 4-5 mill (SiSU's values so take with a pinch of salt) then it is a pathetic return.

If the form holds on for a month or 2 after DM goes then the call that Robins has turned the team around would almost certainly have merit, but right now, Id say bar for DM - NOTHING has changed since he arrived - they have just played teams even worse - hardly a ringing endorsement!

Says you who don't watch CCFC and think Garner should start?! :facepalm:

P.S your policy of boycotting does more damage than going. At least if you were there, you could voice your opinion :whistle:

stupot07

Come off it. He played the first 4 games of the season really. Scored in the first game of the season. Scored again against blues. So thats 2 in 4. Then gets dropped because Mcgoldrick comes in and has barely played since. Fair?

No.

Started v D&R
Started v Yeovil
Started v Sheffield
Started v Bury
Started v Birmingham
Started vs Crewe
Started vs burton
Then on the bench when mcgoldrick came.

Mucca Mad Boys

No.

Started v D&R
Started v Yeovil
Started v Sheffield
Started v Bury
Started v Birmingham
Started vs Crewe
Started vs burton

BUT, great assist v Sheff U, looked good v Bury (should've scored), good v Brum, Crewe I don't know, I didn't go, but the whole team was poor I hear and v Burton, again, we played poor as a team. Plus, the latter 3 was in the Shaw era so we'll let a fair few players off (in a sense, don't take it too literally) because we have improved as a team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Mcdonald was pretty poor last season

Our bet striker, best games:goals ratio. In fact, better than Nimely and Platt put together last season.

In fairness, he was a lot of the time, our most likely goal scorer, he didn't get great service either.

ccfcway

Also not sure playing 1 up front at home is attacking enough for me! Seems to do the job at the moment though...

yer agreed

the 2 wins in 10 at home is really working well for a team looking to bounce back at the 1st attempt

covcity4life

No.

Started v D&R
Started v Yeovil
Started v Sheffield
Started v Bury
Started v Birmingham
Started vs Crewe
Started vs burton

scored in 2 but could have had more,especially vs yoevil

that was in thorns team too,now that we attack more i think he could grab a fair few for us

prefer cmgoldrick though

Mucca Mad Boys

that was in thorns team too,now that we attack more i think he could grab a fair few for us

prefer cmgoldrick though

Who doesn't prefer McG? But will he stay? Doubt it.

WillieStanley

It would be great to see them partner up front. He's so frustrating to watch because every time he plays, he looks like he's going to score but more often than not, doesn't.

stupot07

Our bet striker, best games:goals ratio. In fact, better than Nimely and Platt put together last season.

In fairness, he was a lot of the time, our most likely goal scorer, he didn't get great service either.

No juke scored less than 1 in 3 last season. Juke had the best goals to game ratio.

stupot07

BUT, great assist v Sheff U, looked good v Bury (should've scored), good v Brum, Crewe I don't know, I didn't go, but the whole team was poor I hear and v Burton, again, we played poor as a team. Plus, the latter 3 was in the Shaw era so we'll let a fair few players off (in a sense, don't take it too literally) because we have improved as a team.

That was a complete miscontrol which turned into an assist. He played ok vs Bury and yes he should have scored at least 2 including an easy 1-1 he mid hit straight to the keeper.

I don't dislike him, he's ok, but he's not the player we thought he would be and he certainly won't fill the void left by mcgoldrick.

stupot07

prefer cmgoldrick though
We attack more now, but we pack the midfield with 5 men and play only 1 up front and have looked far more threatening with that formation.

Mucca Mad Boys

No juke scored less than 1 in 3 last season. Juke had the best goals to game ratio.

I didn't class him tbh, because he wasn't our striker from Jan, his goal:game ratio could've went down etc. also, he scored 1-2 pens? Take them away, there's little in it.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

That was a complete miscontrol which turned into an assist. He played ok vs Bury and yes he should have scored at least 2 including an easy 1-1 he mid hit straight to the keeper.

I don't dislike him, he's ok, but he's not the player we thought he would be and he certainly won't fill the void left by mcgoldrick.

Nonetheless, it was an assist, a good one.

I'm not going to get into the 'he did/didn't mean it' argument because only he knows it.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think a Cody on form will bag plenty. Gets into some great positions. Just like the goal he scored when it was disallowed a few weeks back.

I like Norwich. Very nice City, good shopping and friendly people.
I've always said the promotion game a few years back was one of the loudest games I've been to. Immense atmosphere!

Having been treated like shite there last year I'd beg to differ.

ncfcfan

And about Cody. He was the clubs top scorer in the league before he got dropped. Crazy. Would be surprised if he ever scored again the amount of times his confidence has been bashed.

Brighton Sky Blue

What makes you say that? I've often found us to be really accomodating for away fans

Haha it wasn't football related-the ex lives just outside Norwich and her family aren't a particularly pleasant bunch. Makes Norwich one of my most disliked teams for that reason alone!

Users who are viewing this thread