An outsiders perspective.. (1 Viewer)

ncfcfan

Hi everyone, I'm a Norwich fan and having been going to cov games for the last 2 years or so I thought you might want an outsiders perspective on things.

Firstly, regarding the football, theres a hunger about the team that I haven't ever seen before. Things are improving.

Before we got relegated to league 1 we sacked our manager. We spent that summer saying "oh, we'l come straight back up". Our first game at home to Colchester we lost 7-1. We again sacked our manager and a few players got shown the door.
We then employed Paul Lambert.

Having watched Coventry for the past 18 months or so, I can't help but see the similarities between our clubs. A slow and steady improvement.

I don't think hanging on to Mcgoldrick is paramount to the season. Yes, he has a bit of quality. I think more than anything, he was a catalyst in changing the fortunes of the club. Without him, you still have one of the strongest squads in the league.

cyril

I for one thank you for your post and also your continued support.
Wish some of the other 300 odd thousand people of Coventry would give it a go

ncfcfan

I'm orginally from Norwich. But I now live with the other half now (who supports cov) in warwickshire! I'm a fan of football really so am happy to go along to a Cov game. Just feel as though Norwich have been through this and come out the other side, just like Coventry are doing.

Ash

I'm orginally from Norwich. But I now live with the other half now (who supports cov) in warwickshire! I'm a fan of football really so am happy to go along to a Cov game. Just feel as though Norwich have been through this and come out the other side, just like Coventry are doing.

Fair enough, plus I suppose it's a lot cheaper and easier to get a ticket at Cov than Norwich!

Ash

Think you're the first person in human history to make a statement like that!

EDIT: In response to ncfcfan

ncfcfan

Iv noticed a couple of strange decisions recently from Refs. I bet you've all noticed the offside given against Mcgoldrick. Utter madness, he obviously didnt see it. Also a couple of weird ones in the middle of the park whenever I see cov play. For example against Pompey - one of their defenders had Mcgoldrick in a headlock and the freekick went against Cov. I'm not usually one to slate refs, but the standard has been utterly appalling.

Joe Murphy - excellent keeper. Gives his defence alot of gob and its all warrented.
Decent supply of fullbacks. All really attacking which is handy. The big french lad is also a find, quality in the air in both boxes. Strong in the tackle. Useful and essential.
James Bailey is decent, i know we were once interested in signing him. Should get his head up more as he hoofs it a little to much.
Carl baker divides opinion. Have him on the pitch but NOT taking set pieces. Mcsheffreys delivery is far far better. I find baker so frustrating to watch because I know he has ability, he just consistently makes the wrong decisions.
Mcgoldrick - Got a strike on him, got ability. However, very lazy. Guess thats just him though.
Obviously being a norwich fan, i rate Cody. Excellent natural ability which is why im not worried about Mcgoldrick leaving. He NEEDS games, not a run or 2 or 3 every now and then.

cyril

Thanks very good insight.
Most important question. Do you think playing against a sea of sky blue seats affects some of the passing

ncfcfan

Hmm an interesting question. I dont necessarily think its do with the amount of fans, more to do with the atmosphere at the Ricoh. It has changed for the better recently, but at its worst i think it was highly damaging. For example, I sat near to one little darling recently and the ball went out for a goal kick which Murphey went to retreive. This lad yelled "Murphy youre "f**king sh*t". For no reason, nothing had happened, he hadnt made a mistake. Everyone heard it aswell so he must have.

Empty seats dont help i agree but I've seen worse i.e wigan, ispwich (haha)

Greggs

Good post mate :)
If only we were sorted off the pitch :(

Greggs

Yup just see him as a bit of a passenger sometimes. His body language etc. Plenty of players are decent whilst giving off that impression though so I'm not being overly negative. Berbatov?

Totally disagree pal.
Left to his own devices he would run all day, constantly come deep and drift to both flanks. But with MR playing 1 up top i'm sure he has been told to hold his position more.

Otis

Totally disagree pal.
Left to his own devices he would run all day, constantly come deep and drift to both flanks. But with MR playing 1 up top i'm sure he has been told to hold his position more.

Yep. He's been running around like a bluearsed fly for us I would say.

ncfcfan

Okay seems to be causing some debate.

Il give you an example.

Against Pompey with score at 1-0 there was a period of sustained attack by Pompey. Cov cleared and broke at pace. It was 4 on 2. Think it was Mcsheffrey or baker, but they were running towards the pompey goal at pace and passed the ball to Mcgoldrick who jogged towards the ball, jogged a little bit more. Meanwhile pompey reorganised themselves and dispossessed Mcgoldrick.

I'm just saying he sometimes seems to hold the ball up rather than take advantage of the situation, and it comes accross to me as being quite a lazy attitude to take.

what do you think?

Greggs

Okay seems to be causing some debate.

Il give you an example.

Against Pompey with score at 1-0 there was a period of sustained attack by Pompey. Cov cleared and broke at pace. It was 4 on 2. Think it was Mcsheffrey or baker, but they were running towards the pompey goal at pace and passed the ball to Mcgoldrick who jogged towards the ball, jogged a little bit more. Meanwhile pompey reorganised themselves and dispossessed Mcgoldrick.

I'm just saying he sometimes seems to hold the ball up rather than take advantage of the situation, and it comes accross to me as being quite a lazy attitude to take.

what do you think?

I find it hard to criticise any of his attacking attributes as he is the best we have had for a long time. I remember that break from last week, it was if we had too many men up there, they all charged forward in a line!

ncfcfan

I find it hard to criticise any of his attacking attributes as he is the best we have had for a long time. I remember that break from last week, it was if we had too many men up there, they all charged forward in a line!

Yup i understand that. I just think once he leaves it won't be the end of the season.

And yes i remember 3 players running in a line along the same flank, looked hilarious from where i was sat

ncfcfan

Yeah I tend to agree with the Baker vote. Although Murphy has pulled off some crackers so far this season..
Also think Moussa's performances are becoming quite excellent.

Greggs

Belgium have been producing some decent players recently :)

Users who are viewing this thread