An outsiders perspective.. (1 Viewer)

ncfcfan

I think you're missing more fire power, 11 goals in 14 games I think for yourselves? Give us Simeon Jackson and take Cody back, fair swap? ;)

Ha.

Yup low strike rate. But 5 clean sheets. Good thing about having Hughton is that he sures up the defense which was a real issue for us last year.

I would happily have Cody back! Think hes championship quality. Like Jackson. But Jackson offers us something different.

Have Morison if you want.

skybluebeduff

Ha.

Yup low strike rate. But 5 clean sheets. Good thing about having Hughton is that he sures up the defense which was a real issue for us last year.

I would happily have Cody back! Think hes championship quality. Like Jackson. But Jackson offers us something different.

Sweet, straight swap for Roy O'Donovan, done deal! :D

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've never liked Norwich.....fecking miles for anywhere useful & always stinks of horseshit....

No offence...

ncfcfan

NCFCfan: what do you think of Jennings, Fleck and Barton?

When I first saw Jennings play I thought he was lousy. Improved a fair bit since though. Useful to have in the middle of the park, someone who can break up play and keep it simple. Rate him.
Ironically when I first saw Barton I thought he was amazing! Since then though I've realised he's a bit lightweight and scares me a bit as he's quite prone to losing the ball. I think he just needs another run of games. He's got potential but lacks concentration.
Jurys out for Fleck I think. Had a decent start but now drifts in and out of the game. Mostly out. No doubting his ability but i think hes a bit wasted playing on the wing.

Mucca Mad Boys

When I first saw Jennings play I thought he was lousy. Improved a fair bit since though. Useful to have in the middle of the park, someone who can break up play and keep it simple. Rate him.
Ironically when I first saw Barton I thought he was amazing! Since then though I've realised he's a bit lightweight and scares me a bit as he's quite prone to losing the ball. I think he just needs another run of games. He's got potential but lacks concentration.
Jurys out for Fleck I think. Had a decent start but now drifts in and out of the game. Mostly out. No doubting his ability but i think hes a bit wasted playing on the wing.

I agree, I think Barton and Fleck, if given more game, will flourish.

stupot07

Ha.

Based on what? He couldn't get a regular start for you in League 1.

What have you seen in him that makes him championship quality other than his ability to get into decent positions.

stupot07

I agree, I think Barton and Fleck, if given more game, will flourish.

The problem is you can't play them all. Moussa's been quality in the main central attacking midfield role, people say that's where fleck should play that he's wasted on the wing, others think that's where Barton should play so he can flourish without the burden of defensive duties, Baker too would be more effective in this position like he was against Brum.

ncfcfan

Based on what? He couldn't get a regular start for you in League 1.

What have you seen in him that makes him championship quality other than his ability to get into decent positions.

Based on what I've seen - he scored some important goals for us in League 1 and played 20+ times for us. Then went to Gillingham and was prolific. A different class. Certainly capable in League 1 and probably capable in the Championship.

He's an excellent finisher and when he's fit he's rapid.

ncfcfan

I just don't understand the mentality of dropping a striker when he doesnt score straight away. Also i get frustrated to see that when Cody is back in the starting lineup and scores, he's then immediatly dropped to the bench. Disbelief.

stupot07

he's played 30+ times for us and started 4 times as many games for us as Norwich.

He's finishing is hit and miss, he works hard and gets in decent positions but the main reason he isn't in the team is because he doesn't offer the team enough in general play and Robins likes the 4231 formation with just 1 striker.

ncfcfan

Sorry but when I go to Cov matches, and granted it's not every game, he is hardly ever on the teamsheet. Just because it doesn't instantly click like it did with Marlon king and Mcgoldrick that means he gets slung on the bench for eternity. Im sorry but he deserves better and every single club he's been at prior to Coventry would agree.

ncfcfan

Also not sure playing 1 up front at home is attacking enough for me! Seems to do the job at the moment though...

Users who are viewing this thread