Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Yet Robins actually came out and said he believes Bakayoko will become 'a firm fans' favourite'.

Why would he say that? Sort of gone the extra mile there on that comment.

Lol that was what he said after scored a penalty vs Plymouth.

That wasn't what Robins said after Blackpool game.

Otis

Lol that was what he said after scored a penalty vs Plymouth.

That wasn't what Robins said after Blackpool game.
That's what he said when we bought him.

If Bakayoko is that bad and Robins has said that, he must be totally incompetent and should be sacked immediately.

Londonccfcfan

I thought Robins had a fair assessment of him.

That was hands down the worst performance I have ever seen from a Coventry city Striker. Wimbledon and Oxford away he was no better. Deservedly he got cheered and booed off. Deservedly he was subbed as a sub.

Otis

No-one has said he's great. All the sensible fans are merely saying give him a chance and at least give him a chance past 5 days!

There was even one game where you yourself said he played a lot better than the previous game.

We're dismissing players far too quickly and far too easily.

Jury already out on Bakayoko and Sterling and Brown.

It's quite ridiculous and absurd.

Otis

I thought Robins had a fair assessment of him.

That was hands down the worst performance I have ever seen from a Coventry city Striker. Wimbledon and Oxford away he was no better. Deservedly he got cheered and booed off. Deservedly he was subbed as a sub.
If that's the worst ever performance you have seen from a City striker you couldn't have been there for that game when Kevin Kyle was totally unable to even kick the ball. He air kicked several times, miss-hit everything and his shooting was awful.

That has to be about the worst I have seen I think. On that day Kyle looked like he had never seen a football before in his entire life.

I'm sure there are lots of other candidates too.

runner

If that's the worst ever performance you have seen from a City striker you couldn't have been there for that game when Kevin Kyle was totally unable to even kick the ball. He air kicked several times, miss-hit everything and his shooting was awful.

That has to be about the worst I have seen I think. On that day Kyle looked like he had never seen a football before in his entire life.

Totally agree Otis ... been supporting City for 40+ years and in that time my recollection is that he was the worst "striker" we've ever had ...

Hobo

Sometimes players need an arm around the shoulder, sometimes a kick up the arse. It is about knowing and managing the personalities.

You should also as a manager have your minimum standard clearly defined, regardless of any personality fragility!

Londonccfcfan

I watched many of his performances in championship thanks.

But why are defending a performance you didn't witness? I also gave you the link of what MR publically said about his 200k signing. Lmfao.

Otis

Totally agree Otis ... been supporting City for 40+ years and in that time my recollection is that he was the worst "striker" we've ever had ...
Felt a bit sorry for him that game, but he was literally getting laughed at with every touch and jeered and booed in equal measure. Not one single touch came off for him that day.

Otis

I watched many of his performances in championship thanks.

But why are defending a performance you didn't witness? I also gave you the link of what MR publically said about his 200k signing. Lmfao.
I'm not defending it. I haven't even mentioned it.

Players have bad games. If he was awful he was awful, but that doesn't automatically equate to him being an awful player full stop.

All the sensible posters on here have clearly said we haven't at all played to his strengths yet and you cannot, simply cannot dismiss someone based on just 5 games.

And glad you find it so funny we have blown 200 grand on such a 'crap' player

Otis

Sometimes players need an arm around the shoulder, sometimes a kick up the arse. It is about knowing and managing the personalities.

You should also as a manager have your minimum standard clearly defined, regardless of any personality fragility!
No, no arm around the shoulder. We need to make sure he never wears the shirt again and cross our fingers he doesn't return from Sierra Leone

Westendlad

We haven't at all played to his strengths and you cannot, simply cannot dismiss someone based on just 5 games.

Londonccfcfan

I'm not defending it. I haven't even mentioned it.

Players have bad games. If he was awful he was awful, but that doesn't automatically equate to him being an awful player full stop.

All the sensible posters on here have clearly said we haven't at all played to his strengths yet and you cannot, simply cannot dismiss someone based on just 5 games.

And glad you find it so funny we have blown 200 grand on such a 'crap' player

Really...get a grip "sensible posters on here" !?ark at fucking you. You have seen him play once.

Your opinion of him based on watching him once i couldn't really care less.

Otis

Thought you would of got that Otis :)......
People have clearly identified that we haven't at all tried to play to any strengths Bakayoko might have and we have played him as a lone striker and it clearly doesn't suit him, but in spite of that and in spite of him only playing 5 games people have cast an eternal judgement on him.

They are not saying he has been poor so far or that he needs dropping, they are saying he is awful full stop and should never play for us again.

I just shake my head in dismay when I hear such 'analysis'.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We haven't at all played to his strengths and you cannot, simply cannot dismiss someone based on just 5 games.
If i may interject, he needs to understand the offside laws, if he wants to be a professional footballer.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He has zero strengths. Ask Walsall fans.

Surely it's easier to watch for yourself rather than just repeat something other fans say?

It's pretty obvious what his strengths and weaknesses are so fat, easier for people to write him off after they have seen him a couple of times though.

Will Chaplin get as much of a chance?

Otis

If my interject, he needs to understand the offside laws, if he wants to be a professional footballer.
Fine. That is something that clearly needs working on. No-one is saying he is any good. People are saying just give him a chance past 5 games.

Londonccfcfan

Surely it's easier to watch for yourself rather than just repeat something other fans say?

It's pretty obvious what his strengths and weaknesses are so fat, easier for people to write him off after they have seen him a couple of times though.

Will Chaplin get as much of a chance?

Of course he will...just like the majority backed him and Biamou last him.

Those that could see talent. Back players to hilt.

Nick

Administrator
It's like when Biamou missed a chance against Exeter and people were going on about it around 10 games later.

Nick

Administrator
Of course he will...just like the majority backed him and Biamou last him.

Those that could see talent. Back players to hilt.

Ah, I'd rather listen when people have watched them for a bit rather than claiming to being talent spotters after a couple of games when the whole team has been shit and we have played aimless hoof ball all game.

Otis

Ah, I'd rather listen when people have watched them for a bit rather than claiming to being talent spotters after a couple of games when the whole team has been shit and we have played aimless hoof ball all game.
True. The whole team were crap apparently, so why simply focus on Bakayoko?

Users who are viewing this thread