Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

He played less then 70 mins and going on about the pressure being on him already?

Would have thought people would have learnt from McNulty and biamou last season when you could see how much it was getting to them. Obviously not

Some of our fans are mental.

I wasn't one of them. I backed McNulty and Biamou from the start. Could see certain attributes qualities.

Nick

Administrator
Yes was put through by Bayliss his shot went onto row z. If the stadium was bigger.

For me not sure what his strength is.

Even when McNulty and Biamou were going through tough starts I backed them from the start to the hilt. That's because I could see certain attributes or strengths.

Hope I'm very wrong. But this is one striker (use that term loosely) who offers sweet fa. Very very judgement call.

Robins admitted he needs to work alot on him to improve him. But for me he has to base his game on a bread and butter something.

Signing a Failed Walsall reject (harsh as it may sound) doesn't in still any Cov fan with any confidence, certainly not me.

It wasn't that far over....

It was obvious he wanted to play on the shoulder of the defender or run the channels.

I bet he's looking forward to his home debut, if he doesn't score first half will have knuckle draggers abusing him.

He was isolated on his own most of the game.

Grendel

Skyblueweeman

The McNulty one is a ridiculous comparison anyway. He'd scored more in a loan spell at Portsmouth than Bakayoko has scored in the league in his whole career, so he came with a track record. That's not even counting Livingston, and even his time at Sheffield Utd, he wasn't really a starter, so his goal record (still more than Bakayoko's managed in his whole career!) looks a damned site better if you take that into account. It wasn't unreasonable to expect 15 goals from McNulty as a minimum.

With Bakayoko we're depending on him either doing something he hasn't done yet (score goals) or, he's a different type of player who shouldn't be compared... in which case who *have* we signed to replace McNulty's goals?!?

Comparing them as players is ridiculous but comparing the situation isn’t.

My point being that a number of fans are writing off some players already after a couple of games. It just reminded me of last season when McNulty was getting stick but then turned in a great half of a season.

It just annoys me when fans get on players backs after one or two games. New environments, new team mates, new ways of playing. Not everyone starts with a bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Wonder if we signed Chaplin and he didn't win every header, put a shot over and one blocked off the line he would get slated?

sylus

Wonder if we signed Chaplin and he didn't win every header, put a shot over and one blocked off the line he would get slated?

But we didn't though did we, we signed Bakayoko a player from Walsall,who the fans and the club alike couldn't wait to get rid of,his goal scoring record is dreadful.

Of course we are all hoping that Robin's does manage to get the best out of him and get him scoring,we would all be happy then,but you cannot just push aside his record for goals during his career just because his just arrived,we do have concerns,and even you do,although you may not admit it.

We needed a Chaplin type player,not some 6" 3' bean pole,but still he is young and hopefully hungry enough to prove us wrong.

Nick

Administrator
But we didn't though did we, we signed Bakayoko a player from Walsall,who the fans and the club alike couldn't wait to get rid of,his goal scoring record is dreadful.

Of course we are all hoping that Robin's does manage to get the best out of him and get him scoring,we would all be happy then,but you cannot just push aside his record for goals during his career just because his just arrived,we do have concerns,and even you do,although you may not admit it.

We needed a Chaplin type player,not some 6" 3' bean pole,but still he is young and hopefully hungry enough to prove us wrong.

Which just shows you judged him before he even put on a shirt and if his name was Chaplin and he made the same performance it would have been different

Exactly the same as when we didn't get Collins.

I'm not pushing anything aside, im giving him a chance as a ccfc player rather than slating him before he has put on a shirt or seen him play.

The system we played didn't really suit him either. If anything he should have been where hiwula was.

NorthernWisdom

My point being that a number of fans are writing off some players already after a couple of games. It just reminded me of last season when McNulty was getting stick but then turned in a great half of a season.

It just annoys me when fans get on players backs after one or two games. New environments, new team mates, new ways of playing. Not everyone starts with a bang.

Well... it is.

McNulty came with a track record, so there was expectation we have a player. With Bakayoko, there's zero expectation we have a player!

Now that doesn't mean that you have to hope he fails. My God, I hope Robins as an ex forward (who did sign Clarke and McNulty for us, and has had McGoldrick firing for us) has spotted something Walsall haven't. If, like McNulty early doors, he gets himself in position to have chances but misses them then I'll encourage him and support him because it *will* come good if that happens. It's the same principal as supporting Max. Grendel aside, some of us can see he has *something* of worth. That being said, you wouldn't want Max to be the bloke to step into McNulty's shoes either.

It's unlikely to be Bakayoko who does that... as he's a different type of player. I'm guessing Hiwula is more the direct replacement (we're looking at a loan spell at Walsall to encourage us there's a track record there, mind... although he still scores the same per season as Bakayoko scores in his career!).

I have to say, I've found the striker recruitment very... odd over the summer. It has shades of Pressley once Wilson left - bring in a load of sort-of-strikers, none of whom were likely to even come close to replacing Wilson, and where there wasn't even the space for them all to play at the same time anyway. I am also concerned how we still seem top have scrabbled around for players in the forward line - all the more surprising when we actually have some (relative!) cash (or do we?!? evidencve says no atm,!). Now, that's not the forwards' faults, and hopefully it comes good and the manager's proved right, but the signs aren't convincing yet either... and saying that isn't exactly being perceptive. Nor is it writing them all off before it begins.

Otis

I wasn't one of them. I backed McNulty and Biamou from the start. Could see certain attributes qualities.
Biamou was incredibly raw when he first came in. Bit of a headless chicken if the truth be known. Took him ages to adjust and start to show anything decent to the side.

Samo

Can anyone tell me what number Bakayoko wore yesterday?

Nonleagueherewecome

one game no goal for Bakayoko, whats his average,1 in 10.

The longer he goes without scoring,the pressure on him will begin to tell,not only on him but Robins as well,you can run,but you can't hide.

still i will pass judgement until i have seen him myself first hand next week.and yes i do want him to score,i know it is only one game for him,but you know.
You're right, he can run-he's quite nippy. But also he can't hide-he is 6 ft 3, so quite a tall fellow.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can anyone tell me what number Bakayoko wore yesterday?

Number
Taplist-Numbers-21.png

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It seems to be the same with Sterling too. Two average performances (not terrible but also not great) and everyone’s on his back saying it’s a joke he’s ahead of Grimmer. The lads had two professional appearances. Chelsea (paying him £20k a week) and England’s youth system obviously see a lot on him, so give the lad a chance. I do wonder if him being a loanee and from a club like Chelsea, is part of the catalyst for criticism

Legia Sky Blue

It seems to be the same with Sterling too. Two average performances (not terrible but also not great) and everyone’s on his back saying it’s a joke he’s ahead of Grimmer. The lads had two professional appearances. Chelsea (paying him £20k a week) and England’s youth system obviously see a lot on him, so give the lad a chance. I do wonder if him being a loanee and from a club like Chelsea, is part of the catalyst for criticism

I think people have actually been soft on Sterling, recognising the potential he must have, even given 2 mediocre performances so far. If Grimmer had been caught day dreaming & caught so woefully out of position for Scunthorpe's 1st goal last week, he would have got much more stick. ,

higgs

I dont see what grimmer had done wrong since the playoff final to warrant dropping. Yes competition is healthy but surely it was his shirt to lose and for sterling to earn not just have it handed to him before a ball had been kicked?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I can only imagine Leyton Orient, Leicester, Millwall and Norwich fans saying how shit Harry Kane was, before he became the best Premier League striker...

Even if he doesn’t set the world alight with us, Sterling has a lot of potential. He’s 18 and it’s his first experience playing senior football. He’s going to be a little bit rough around the edges.

Mucca Mad Boys

I dont see what grimmer had done wrong since the playoff final to warrant dropping. Yes competition is healthy but surely it was his shirt to lose and for sterling to earn not just have it handed to him before a ball had been kicked?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Preseason, perhaps?

covcity4life

I could open up a can of worms to answer why certain players get more stick than others but then I will get told I'm playing a card and told to pack it in

So I won't...

Londonccfcfan

I think I mentioned at half time on Blackpool thread, he looked completely brainless as well as talentless.

For then Robins to publically say after the match it looked like he didn’t have a clue what he was doing on the pitch like the first time he’s ever been on a football pitch..... Is a damning statement.

Also reading between the lines it seems This signing wasn’t the brainchild of Robins.

Otis

I think I mentioned at half time on Blackpool thread, he looked completely brainless as well as talentless.

For then Robins to publically say after the match it looked like he didn’t have a clue what he was doing on the pitch like the first time he’s ever been on a football pitch..... Is a damning statement.

Also reading between the lines it seems This signing wasn’t the brainchild of Robins.
Yet Robins actually came out and said he believes Bakayoko will become 'a firm fans' favourite'.

Why would he say that? Sort of gone the extra mile there on that comment.

Users who are viewing this thread