Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

higgs

Man of the match today and two goals from him you heard it here first

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

NICK
He will play

CCFC54321 Well-Known Member
Oh no he won’t...

OTIS
He surely will.

You don't pay that kind of money for a player at this level in order to go into the development squad.

CCFC54321
Come back to me on this around Xmas time. He won’t get anywhere near moving the strikers we have at the club already.

Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho!

Merry Christmas!!

Egg on face me thinks.
And you wonder why people don’t post on this site as much with dicks like you.

How pathetic are you to work yourself up so much that you had to drag that up. Your pathetic.

Nick

Administrator

How pathetic are you to work yourself up so much that you had to drag that up. Your pathetic.
Very strange, why would people just randomly make something up and be clearly wrong?

I told you he would be playing...

People don't post because they say things that are wrong and get corrected?

Last edited:

Otis

You didn't put your post up as an opinion, you said he wouldn't be playing. Your post very much came across as though you had insider knowledge.

If you didn't have insider knowledge and seemingly you didn't, why didn't you just say 'can't see him playing,' or 'I don't think he will be picked?'

Your post came across as being categorically right and when people disagreed you made some snide comment about come back to talk about it at Christmas, again hinting that you were in the know. 'Come back to me on this around Christmas time.' Very much comes across as I'm right and you're wrong and I know something you don't know, doesn't it?

It seemed pretty obvious he would play, considering the fee we paid for him.

And you talk about me getting worked up? I was chilled and you started talking about bitch fest and now seem very narked again tonight.

Next time, perhaps you should just post something up as opinion rather than as if you are privvy to some information from inside the club.

Just saying, like.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

I would rather have Dion Kelly- Evans up front.

How can you be 6ft 3 and not even get close to winning a single header? Dion Kelly- Evans would win more.

Most inept centre forward performance I have ever seen.

What Robins has seen in this dudd (yes I will stick my head out and judge him on 65) that was awfull.

Otis

Robins is convinced he will become a fans favourite, so he must be seeing something in him.

Wasn't there today, so can't comment, but will be keeping a keen eye out for him next week if he's picked.

Nick

Administrator

How can you be 6ft 3 and not even get close to winning a single header? Dion Kelly- Evans would win more.

What Robins has seen in this dudd (yes I will stick my head out and judge him on 65) that was awfull.
It was obvious within about 2 minutes of watching him he wasn't a target man though. He wanted it in the channels or on the last man. I really hope Robins doesn't think he is.

He was isolated from the start pretty much.

Guess he is going to be the new biamou now people like him. McNulty prior to that

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Remember when the majority thought McNulty was shit in the first half of last season?!

Honestly, if you don’t score 6 goals in your first game you’re immediately type cast as no good.

Is it crap that we have 1 point after 2 games? Yes. Is there reason to panic? No.

We have a manager with the best win % in many years who has brought us two wins at Wembley. By and large, he’s been good in the transfer market.

Some people need to keep their knickers on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

giphy.gif

Esoterica

Drag it up... You're hilarious. You actually told him to come back to you, were so confident about it you gave it til Christmas and were wrong after 1 game. You made a brash statement and now you're getting the ribbing it deserved. Hello Cruel World! It's a lot less pathetic than not being able to admit when you were couldn't have been more wrong about something.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins is convinced he will become a fans favourite, so he must be seeing something in him.

Wasn't there today, so can't comment, but will be keeping a keen eye out for him next week if he's picked.

He already is a fans favourite is he not? Everyone is talking about him.

NorthernWisdom

When you say majority.... Do you mean just Don?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The McNulty one is a ridiculous comparison anyway. He'd scored more in a loan spell at Portsmouth than Bakayoko has scored in the league in his whole career, so he came with a track record. That's not even counting Livingston, and even his time at Sheffield Utd, he wasn't really a starter, so his goal record (still more than Bakayoko's managed in his whole career!) looks a damned site better if you take that into account. It wasn't unreasonable to expect 15 goals from McNulty as a minimum.

With Bakayoko we're depending on him either doing something he hasn't done yet (score goals) or, he's a different type of player who shouldn't be compared... in which case who *have* we signed to replace McNulty's goals?!?

Garryb80

He won several headers, closed down well and had a couple of decent chances. Your opinion is frankly wrong and just blind hatred of someone you want to be poor and not basing it on fact.

sylus

one game no goal for Bakayoko, whats his average,1 in 10.

The longer he goes without scoring,the pressure on him will begin to tell,not only on him but Robins as well,you can run,but you can't hide.

still i will pass judgement until i have seen him myself first hand next week.and yes i do want him to score,i know it is only one game for him,but you know.

Londonccfcfan

He won several headers, closed down well and had a couple of decent chances. Your opinion is frankly wrong and just blind hatred of someone you want to be poor and not basing it on fact.

He won 1 header whilst he was on the pitch...several??...what were u watching? He didn't touch the ball for first 30 mins.

He looked completely lost. Imo.

He lost every battle with their central defender who quite frankly had a walk in the park whilst he was on the pitch.

There is no blind hatred...maybe I'm reading too much into 60 odd mins and his very poor record at Walsall including the opinion of Walsall fans.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but this signing for me hasn't made any sense seems like a panic buy, there's another 12 strikers from league 2 we should have paid a fee for.

There are defenders with better goalscoring records than this striker.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't he have a shot early in the first half? Also started a good counter attack.

Again, pretty obvious he isn't a target man type player.

He won 1 header whilst he was on the pitch...several??...what were u watching? He didn't touch the ball for first 30 mins.

He looked completely lost. Imo.

He lost every battle with their central defender who quite frankly had a walk in the park whilst he was on the pitch.

There is no blind hatred...maybe I'm reading too much into 60 odd mins and his very poor record at Walsall including the opinion of Walsall fans.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but this signing for me hasn't made any sense seems like a panic buy, there's another 12 strikers from league 2 we should have paid a fee for.

There are defenders with better goalscoring records than this striker.

Otis

I wasn't there, but it's interesting to look back through the match thread to see his name mentioned in positive terms for little incidents throughout the game.

Do think we need to at least allow him several games before we start judging him though anyway.

He's only been working with this squad and manager for about 3 days.

Everybody has a bad game from time to time anyway, even the top players, so don't think we should be too harsh just based on 60 minutes of football on his debut.

Grendel

The longer he goes without scoring,the pressure on him will begin to tell,not only on him but Robins as well,you can run,but you can't hide.

still i will pass judgement until i have seen him myself first hand next week.and yes i do want him to score,i know it is only one game for him,but you know.

Yet the person who liked your post is happy to accept a striker who couldn’t score in his first 30 games

Nick

Administrator

He played less then 70 mins and going on about the pressure being on him already?

Would have thought people would have learnt from McNulty and biamou last season when you could see how much it was getting to them. Obviously not

Some of our fans are mental.

Londonccfcfan

Didn't he have a shot early in the first half? Also started a good counter attack.

Again, pretty obvious he isn't a target man type player.

Yes was put through by Bayliss his shot went onto row z. If the stadium was bigger.

For me not sure what his strength is.

Even when McNulty and Biamou were going through tough starts I backed them from the start to the hilt. That's because I could see certain attributes or strengths.

Hope I'm very wrong. But this is one striker (use that term loosely) who offers sweet fa. Very very judgement call.

Robins admitted he needs to work alot on him to improve him. But for me he has to base his game on a bread and butter something.

Signing a Failed Walsall reject (harsh as it may sound) doesn't in still any Cov fan with any confidence, certainly not me.

Grendel

Yes was put through by Bayliss his shot went onto row z. If the stadium was bigger.

For me not sure what his strength is.

Even when McNulty and Biamou were going through tough starts I backed them from the start to the hilt. That's because I could see certain attributes or strengths.

Hope I'm very wrong. But this is one striker (use that term loosely) who offers sweet fa. Very very judgement call.

Robins admitted he needs to work alot on him to improve him. But for me he has to base his game on a bread and butter something.

Signing a Failed Walsall reject (harsh as it may sound) doesn't in still any Cov fan with any confidence, certainly not me.

Fuck off you boring twat

Users who are viewing this thread