All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

SkyblueBazza

It doesn't matter where you sit on the fence...or indeed which fence you sit on - the whole thing is a sorry, depressing mess.

If football genuinely wishes to run itself like a business, it needs to take a VERY LONG HARD LOOK at itself. Fans are the customers. They are the ones that pay their hard earned cash for entry to watch & buy merchandise. Football seems much more interested in selling it's soul to TV though. I think (as I have all along & hence do not pay for Sky or any other service to watch football) it is a short term gain. Eventually Sky et.al. will call the tune but will offer much less since revenue streams like advertising will diminish & payment to clubs will therefore decrease...fans will not flock back & football as we know it will be dead. There will perhaps be one major English division with only about 12 clubs...akin to Scottish structure as it I's now (note that for example the Daily Express made no mention of the JPT in 5 pages of football save for the results themselves). So I think CCFC I's merely ahead of the game & the tip of the iceberg. West Ham appear to be following a similar risky route with the olympic stadium that we did with the Ricoh. 2 yrs in there & Gold/Sullivan will sell to some SISU type outfit & end up where we are.
It's all very sad really.

JHarding1987

I didn't mean that individual. I have a family friend who has run a shop in the City Centre for almost as long as I have been alive & she attends committees & tells me the Council staff/Councillors have no interest in the City, they are outsiders & don't even shop in Coventry. She was trying to get them to just walk round the City centre to see her points.

torchomatic

You're on! Which is more realistic, rebuilding HR or the bloke who wants to build a full-size Millennium Falcon?

I've got several pieces of sky blue plastic and some bricks (don't ask) from the Thackall Street entrance which you are welcome to.

Greggs

MR's view on this?

Was he aware/informed of the horrible situation when he signed up, or was he lied to as normal?
Just as it's beginning to look settled on the pitch, off it pure chaos.
I pray for the day we have a nicely balanced club. :eek:

Tonylinc

Clearly, the rebuilding of HR is simply not going to happen BUT I understand the concept. HR was our home, it was ours (well at some point anyway). The Ricoh never had the same appeal.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It would be classed as the Coventry conurbation, so they could get away with it on that basis.

Think the more important issue would be the fact Ryton is simply a field.

And is also surrounded by a massive fence! Would they have to sell tickets with 'a restricted view'? ;) (bloody Boothroyd......I think it was his crazy idea)

Covstu

I doubt he was told ALL of the gory details, shame really as it will be him and his team that will suffer along with us fans.

kg82

Clearly, the rebuilding of HR is simply not going to happen BUT I understand the concept. HR was our home, it was ours (well at some point anyway). The Ricoh never had the same appeal.

It won't feel like our home until we have memories made there. Which means a period of sustained success! Craaaaap!!

SkyblueBazza

It's a right mess & needs sorting sooner rather than later otherwise the January window is lost to us (I sense more transfer embargos in the offing) then we struggle to stay in L1. Then the season tickets revenue dry-up...& we're back on the Helter-skelter to hell

Gaz

I'm sure he was aware that the club had financial problems when he accepted the job, and can remember his interview outside the Ricoh when asked about the clubs money troubles.
He just said what club hasn't got financial troubles.
He went through it at Rotherham a bit, but what he clearly doesn't like, is being lied to about budgets he does or doesn't have, example being Barnsley.

coundonskyblue

I didn't mean that individual. I have a family friend who has run a shop in the City Centre for almost as long as I have been alive & she attends committees & tells me the Council staff/Councillors have no interest in the City, they are outsiders & don't even shop in Coventry. She was trying to get them to just walk round the City centre to see her points.

Council staff maybe, but Councillors have to live within the city of Coventry.

Im sure Sisu are frequent visitors to the city centre.

Otis

If Sisu were a newspaper they would be The Daily Mail

If Sisu were a politician they would be Jeffrey Archer.

If Sisu were an editor they would be Piers Morgan.

If Sisu were a cartoon character they would be Pinocchio

If Sisu were an American President they would be Richard Nxion.

You beginning to get the picture of what they told Mark Robins?

Godiva

So the ACL was set up to save the club and make sure it had a place to play ...

ronan_cov

Coventry City Football Club faces £1.1m rent demand.

Coventry City Football Club (CCFC) has been given 21 days to pay its outstanding rent, according to the Ricoh Arena's operators.
Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) runs the stadium on behalf of owners Coventry City Council and the Alan Edwards Higgs Trust charity.
ACL said the club owed £1.1m in rent arrears and could face a winding-up order if it did not settle its debts.
The League One club said the rent was too high and should be renegotiated.
At £1.28m a year, it said the rent was believed to be the highest in both League One and the Championship.
In a statement it said it was "disappointed" by ACL's decision to issue a statutory demand, rather than "negotiate a level of rent which the club can afford and which is in line with the rent paid by other clubs".
It said other clubs in the league paid on average less than £170,000 a year and, unlike Coventry City, often made revenue from match day parking as well as food and drink sales.
£1.6m debts In August, the club was taken to the High Court in Birmingham after stopping payments of £100,000 a month in rent to ACL in April.
The court told Coventry City FC to top up a deposit fund to cover ACL's unpaid invoices.
ACL said, despite negotiations over the past 10 months, no solution had been found and it was owed a total of £1.6m by the club.
It said it was now taking action to protect its own "long-term financial commitments" and those of its employees and shareholders.
The operators added that the club had "consistently exceeded income" and had "no contingency plans" to guard against a lengthy return to the Premier League.
The club first moved into the stadium in 2005, four years after relegation from the Premier League.
ACL said Coventry City FC now faced a choice between a declaration of insolvency or a winding-up order.

Otis

He was the dyslexic president.

Surely you remember him!

He's the one who invaded North Career.

cloughie

Who the fcuk is Richard Nxion?

He is the the bloke who if you had have coloured in your bed sheet with sisu out would have sent a snatch squad and taken it off you and then denied he had anything to do with it

Hmm ring any bells

by the the way he was found guilty of lying and became the 1st president to be removed from office

but don't let that blur your vision

Otis

Can we remove Tim Fisher and Joy Seppala from office.

Or at least invade the building and remove them from the office!

JHarding1987

Council staff maybe, but Councillors have to live within the city of Coventry.<br />
<br />
Im sure Sisu are frequent visitors to the city centre.
<br />
<br />
She must have just said staff then. Bit clouded here now, my point was that Coventry City Council & ACL with the ridiculous rent they have enjoyed, clearly have not had the Clubs or City's interest at heart, just their wallets. Like someone else wrote, if ACL can survive without CCFC, why the ridiculous rent? A Councillor did make a good point though, SISU could have paid something, like what they feel is right, mind, saying that, ACL have been well overpaid. Paul bloody Fletcher.

Users who are viewing this thread