All Ricoh/ alternative ground comments. (1 Viewer)

Leceister or Birmingham?

• Leicester

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Birmingham

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Tonylinc

I've also got three seats from the Main stand.......that makes six.....were getting there!

Warwickhunt

Coventry tried to pay the back rent but the banks were shut on boxing day - headlines for the CET:jerkit:

ggrady

Acl said sisu never met them again. It was clearly just sisu attempting to buy time they never had the money to do this

smileycov

Facebook User
He is the the bloke who if you had have coloured in your bed sheet with sisu out would have sent a snatch squad and taken it off you and then denied he had anything to do with it

Hmm ring any bells

by the the way he was found guilty of lying and became the 1st president to be removed from office

but don't let that blur your vision

Sarcasm and humour......dont let that blur your vision!

pusbccfc

If you ask someone, 'what is the Ricoh Arena?' they would say a football stadium.

It's not really known for much else. I doubt the stadium, or should I say events centre, would be able to survive without a football team playing week in, week out.

BurbageSkyBlues

I think the BPA is a non starter. I believe that there is a covenant of use, imposed by the landlords (the council) that it will only be used for rugby, not football.

I may be wrong, but my mum has advised this, and she is a season ticket holder for cov rugby club . Not sure how's w could check, anyone know?

Forget Hinckley, it's in Leicestershire.....'Nuff said!

Dan Griffin

Bescot stadium would be better surely? Train station right outside the ground and around 11k we would fill it

SkyBlueMania

Did Brighton not used to ground share with Gillingham back before they got the withdean? Would suggest none of the afore mentioned rules apply. Or are they recently introduced rules?

Grendel

No we won't -- we will either be wound up or pay an agreed reduction.

I suspect the latter but with consequences - players sold in January and not replaced and a disaffected manager as a consequence.

Still as long as we pay the rent most fans will be happy.

WestEndAgro

It seems to me highly unlikely, but we can not go on in this situation much longer, something is going to have to give.
I can't see any viable alternative to the Ricoh, so for me that's where we will be,
A Probable deal will be brokered between both sides, a empty unused stadium is no use to anyone.

Tad

I can't see any viable alternative to the Ricoh,

It makes you wonder what exactly the club were thinking of when they left HR for the Ricoh doesn't it. Did no-one at the club stop and think what happens if that Ricoh deal falls through?

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

No I don't. I think its just forcing an agreement to be reached. I just hope more of a compromise can be reached than the 50% offered as that's still too high at this level.

One thing I would like clarification on, is what is the subsidised overhead costs amounting to millions of pounds that we have been paying? Also is the 250k we are paying for match day running costs additional to the 1.2M that we should be paying in rent?

WestEndAgro

It makes you wonder what excatly the club were thinking of when they left HR for the Ricoh doesn't it. Did no-one at the club stop and think what happens if that Ricoh deal falls through?

The "plan" all along was a fast track return to the Premiership, unfortunately somewhere along the line it went somewhat pear shaped, and like you say, we had no plan B, and we are left with the current shambles

chiefdave

the way it's worded easily allows the FL a way out. SISU would put it to them as a temporary move due to being forced out. I can't see the FL effectively putting the club out of business in the middle of the season. at the very least I would expect them to allow a ground share until the end of the season then a review of the situation over the summer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No I don't. I think its just forcing an agreement to be reached. I just hope more of a compromise can be reached than the 50% offered as that's still too high at this level.

One thing I would like clarification on, is what is the subsidised overhead costs amounting to millions of pounds that we have been paying? Also is the 250k we are paying for match day running costs additional to the 1.2M that we should be paying in rent?
I think I recall someone saying before money for match day running costs was included in the 1.2 million rent, at the moment we are not paying the rent and just paying the match day costs on a separate game by game basis I think

chiefdave

very unlikely but i think ACL are trying to call SISUs bluff and that could be a mistake as SISU don't seem the type to back down. A lot of it will come down to what, if any, plan SISU have to recoup their money and if they have an exit strategy. If it's get the Ricoh at all costs then clearly moving out becomes a non starter, what chance of them getting back in after that. If they have some other plan in mind then I wouldn't put it past them to walk out and tell ACL to get stuffed.

DazzleTommyDazzle

very unlikely but i think ACL are trying to call SISUs bluff and that could be a mistake as SISU don't seem the type to back down. A lot of it will come down to what, if any, plan SISU have to recoup their money and if they have an exit strategy. If it's get the Ricoh at all costs then clearly moving out becomes a non starter, what chance of them getting back in after that. If they have some other plan in mind then I wouldn't put it past them to walk out and tell ACL to get stuffed.

They might "tell ACL to get stuffed" but they'll still have to pay what's due under their contract - or face the consequences.

Block19

Could look at moving to Brandon and putting a few temporary stands up or the butts stadium (a bit small) or even playing at the Alexander stadium

Baginton

It doesn't matter where you sit on the fence...or indeed which fence you sit on - the whole thing is a sorry, depressing mess.

If football genuinely wishes to run itself like a business, it needs to take a VERY LONG HARD LOOK at itself. Fans are the customers. They are the ones that pay their hard earned cash for entry to watch & buy merchandise. Football seems much more interested in selling it's soul to TV though. I think (as I have all along & hence do not pay for Sky or any other service to watch football) it is a short term gain. Eventually Sky et.al. will call the tune but will offer much less since revenue streams like advertising will diminish & payment to clubs will therefore decrease...fans will not flock back & football as we know it will be dead. There will perhaps be one major English division with only about 12 clubs...akin to Scottish structure as it I's now (note that for example the Daily Express made no mention of the JPT in 5 pages of football save for the results themselves). So I think CCFC I's merely ahead of the game & the tip of the iceberg. West Ham appear to be following a similar risky route with the olympic stadium that we did with the Ricoh. 2 yrs in there & Gold/Sullivan will sell to some SISU type outfit & end up where we are.
It's all very sad really.

If Rooney aint picking his arse, the media arent interested , football died in 1993 when Murdoch got involved, premiershite or nothing! its a busines now, not a sport, just enjoy what we have and make the most of our local teams.

Baginton

£100,000 a month for two home league games is way too much and dont forget we only play for around 9 months of the year! so theres £300,000 for nothing, only crazy people would think think this rent is reasonable, it has to get sorted one way or the other, SISU have to make some money at the end of the day, they (unlike us paying fans) are not here for the fun of it...

The more SISU save, then maybe just maybe, we could get in players like McGoldrick:thinking about:

sky blue john

Fisher keeps talking about how we should be charged a 'league 1 rent'.

I would be interested to know what an average league 1 turnover is?

when Sisu decided to stop paying the rent we were in the championship so they couldn't have been thinking about league one rents at the point they stopped paying.

Baginton

thanks for this, although 13.7.3 didn't do the fans of wimbledon much good

I think this was brought in after the move to MK, so it wouldnt happen again, the FA actually said no, but some appeals board ok'd the move .

Doncaster moved about 3 miles to Sheffield and had to pay a bond of half a million and promise to move back to Doncaster within a certain time frame.

Baginton

If some one moves into my property at an agreed rent and I have to pay the mortgage on it, then they say thay only want to pay 20 % of the rent They will be evicted

What planet are you on the landlord sets the rent not the tenant,

if you don't like the rent don't go there

Yeah but houses have people queuing up to move in, there is only ONE football club in Coventry!!!

Your point is invalid:whistle:

sky blue john

Are they looking for next season or to move now ?
Groundshare could not happen this season because of the fixture list is already in place.

<br />
<br />
She must have just said staff then. Bit clouded here now, my point was that Coventry City Council & ACL with the ridiculous rent they have enjoyed, clearly have not had the Clubs or City's interest at heart, just their wallets. Like someone else wrote, if ACL can survive without CCFC, why the ridiculous rent? A Councillor did make a good point though, SISU could have paid something, like what they feel is right, mind, saying that, ACL have been well overpaid. Paul bloody Fletcher.

According to the statements ccfc have paid enough to cover running costs of the stadium on matchdays.

Baginton

I have a cunning plan... rename ourselves Coventry Bears (a defunct rugby club who used to play there) and he presto :D

Users who are viewing this thread