All purpose cricket thread (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

England now 1/7 and NZ 9/2.

Bookies are less twitchy.

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t see where Malan fits in, Livingstone needs to face more balls and obviously one name will be mentioned who could have added more Alex Hales.

Brighton Sky Blue

England went out to 1/14 after that wicket.

Fair play to NZ and Mitchell in particular.

That Jordan over swung the pendulum their way.

Went all in on the T20 and Hundred at the expense of the Test side and we can't make the final. High risk strategy that looks very silly this evening

Grendel

Poor bowling at the end. Justice I guess for New Zealand given the fact they actually would have won the 50 over World Cup if the umpires knew the rules

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Poor bowling at the end. Justice I guess for New Zealand given the fact they actually would have won the 50 over World Cup if the umpires knew the rules
See I disagree with that - if we’d have had 5 runs instead of 6, the mindset of Rashid, Stokes and Wood would have changed. They played for the 2 singles at the end.

The travesty was the count back rule. It should have been super overs until there was a winner.

back to the T20 I was convinced they were 20 runs short, won money on it getting NZ at 13/2 at the start of the innings, but as you said the death bowling was poor.

that being said next year looks interesting - we have Archer and Stokes to come back. We’ll be there or thereabouts in Australia 22

chiefdave

What a finish. Wade dropped with 20 needed off 10 and then smashes 3 sixes in a row to win it with an over to spare!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when it was 'what can the Aussies learn from England' and 'why are Australia so far behind England in T20s'?

1nilandwe...

What a finish. Wade dropped with 20 needed off 10 and then smashes 3 sixes in a row to win it with an over to spare!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when it was 'what can the Aussies learn from England' and 'why are Australia so far behind England in T20s'?
I don't think that has changed overnight. For one, the tosses in the UAE have been far more important than you would like them to be. England lost the toss and lost, Australia won the toss and won. England's white ball set up is still streets ahead of most other nations, but T20 is a particularly unforgiving format.

What I think people should be talking about more is how good a side New Zealand are, and have been for several years now. World Cup finalists in both formats and Test Championship winners. No mean feat. For England to lose a T20 one off game by relatively small margins against NZ really isn't any sort of a shock. And equally, Australia beating some poor teams to make a semi final and then snatching a victory against an admittedly pretty strong Pakistan side, does not suddenly catapult them up to one of the best teams in the world.

Edit: Have to say, two good games of cricket though. The tournament needed sparking into life after far too many drubbings.

chiefdave

Anyone watching the parliamentary committee? Wasn't expecting it to be good but definitely wasn't expecting things to be this bad, a tough watch.

Grendel

Anyone watching the parliamentary committee? Wasn't expecting it to be good but definitely wasn't expecting things to be this bad, a tough watch.

Not surprising really - Yorkshire Cricket Club has always been a pretty odd place thats never moved on from the 50's

chiefdave

In more positive news 2030 T20 World Cup will be in England, Scotland and Ireland. 2024 is USA and West Indies, be interested to see where they play in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread