All purpose cricket thread (2 Viewers)

tisza

Ridiculous playing this game (unless we win :) ) at this time of the year. When you have a side 12 for 6 that's conditions playing too big a role. Bowl them out , get a 1st innings lead then it can rain all it wants - Bears win

Terry Gibson's perm

Well ahead now and still no wicket, this side reminds me of the Reeve side perfect for county cricket as few of the players will go away for international duty.

tisza

Well ahead now and still no wicket, this side reminds me of the Reeve side perfect for county cricket as few of the players will go away for international duty.
Tbf there was a certain X factor player in that side :) but that was a good side in all forms of the game

Terry Gibson's perm

Tbf there was a certain X factor player in that side :) but that was a good side in all forms of the game

They did but the vast majority of the side were good honest county pro’s and also the overseas stayed for the summer then and you didn’t have one per game like it seems at the moment.

rob9872

Bad weather all around, but if the match drawn, then highest first innings takes the trophy.

tisza

Comfortable win for the Bears. Nice to have another trophy etc. but it was a pointless game at the wrong time of year which nobody bothered to turn up and watch.

Terry Gibson's perm

Comfortable win for the Bears. Nice to have another trophy etc. but it was a pointless game at the wrong time of year which nobody bothered to turn up and watch.

First county game played in October since 1864 or something like that according sky

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't get Tom Curran. Plus he really struggled in the IPL games in the emirates - about 12 runs per over

They should have taken another spinner like Briggs or maybe Surrey have a spinner they could have used.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not the strongest squad to ever leave these shores for an Ashes battle. No Ben Stokes and unfortunately Sam Curran is injured how I looked forward to his 0-147 bowling figures and out for 12 having hit 2 6’s.

tisza

Not the strongest squad to ever leave these shores for an Ashes battle. No Ben Stokes and unfortunately Sam Curran is injured how I looked forward to his 0-147 bowling figures and out for 12 having hit 2 6’s.
Batting looks thin against pace. A lot going to ride on Ollie Robinson (despite his inexperience) as Anderson & Broad do have a lot of games when they're just not on it for some reason. Also can Wood stay fit & be a factor? Malan will either struggle or be a big success on quick pitches - nothing in between.

Terry Gibson's perm

Batting looks thin against pace. A lot going to ride on Ollie Robinson (despite his inexperience) as Anderson & Broad do have a lot of games when they're just not on it for some reason. Also can Wood stay fit & be a factor? Malan will either struggle or be a big success on quick pitches - nothing in between.

I think Malan might go well, I would have taken the leggie Parkinson.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think Sibley not going may help him get back in next summer as a few could back with long term damage.

chiefdave

Curtis Campher has taken 4 wickets in 4 balls for Ireland against Netherlands!

Quick heads up. The England v India warm up game is on Sky Sports at 3pm.

Terry Gibson's perm

Curtis Campher has taken 4 wickets in 4 balls for Ireland against Netherlands!

Quick heads up. The England v India warm up game is on Sky Sports at 3pm.

Two absolutely cracking deliveries and two shockers and gets four wickets.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not the sort of dismissal you want after a poor start. 4 down now, SA falling apart.

A lot of the ones out are ranked on n the top twenty in the world somehow, I think England have a dozen or more players that are not even in the squad that would walk into this side.

chiefdave

This is an absolute shambles from SA. In the build up they were talking about them as potential tournament winners :ROFLMAO:

Terry Gibson's perm

Afghanistan have had two short runs they need not bother running they can just smash it.

CCFCSteve

Great news Ben Stokes is heading to the ashes. Hope it’s not too much for him physically or mentally…top player and great to have him back !

chiefdave

This morning Cricket SA announced that all players will take the knee, previously their players were doing a mix of taking the knee and raised fist, with one player noticeable doing neither.

Now they've announced the team for todays game and Quinton de Kock is out, 'Quinton de Kock has made himself unavailable due to personal reasons'. Sure its a complete coincidence that he was the one player who neither took the knee or raised a fist.

Grendel

This morning Cricket SA announced that all players will take the knee, previously their players were doing a mix of taking the knee and raised fist, with one player noticeable doing neither.

Now they've announced the team for todays game and Quinton de Kock is out, 'Quinton de Kock has made himself unavailable due to personal reasons'. Sure its a complete coincidence that he was the one player who neither took the knee or raised a fist.

pretty bizarre if he’s been left out for that

Users who are viewing this thread